SVC: Chaos for PS2 this December.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
*bounces around with joy*

Thank GOD we don't have to wait until next year. :D

Yamazaki_RJ

Overtop Pathfinder
I'm looking foward to the extras, and characters in a better resolution, transparency effects in special moves and, who knows, more characters.

I liked the PS2's port of KOF 2000.

Mike

Bead Banger
That was smoking fast....

Maybe it will bring more people to the arcades to compete....

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
Yamazaki_RJ said:
I'm looking foward to the extras, and characters in a better resolution, transparency effects in special moves and, who knows, more characters.

I liked the PS2's port of KOF 2000.

How did the PS2 version of KOF compare to the Dreamcast? More characters?

leepantalone

Pm'ing Rot. Always a Risk.,
Sure, you could buy the port, but would you have the gigantic cartridge that takes two hands to insert in your system? I think the cartridge is the best part of Neo collecting.

No. All you have with the port is a wimpy, flimsy disk that can get scratched when your dog takes to it like a chew toy.;)

For me, the cartridges make the Neo Geo worth collecting. Their sheer size wows and amazes all non-Neophiles. And I like that.:D

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
I for one am ecstatic. That is how a port should be handled. The CvS2 port was out just after the arcade release and that did nothing but bring people into the arcades to compete. Great news. Quality gaming shouldn't just be for elitist assholes. :cool:

At least we get our perfect HCs a couple months before the rabble, right guys? :p

Ran Thrie

Zero's Tailor
Well this is kinda good news for me. I want Chaos and SS0 but i really cant drop for two carts this holiday season. I love my samsho so thats gonna be aes and just p2 for svc. Gotta use this dam jp ps2 sum more anyway.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
That's a pretty good deal.
Still, I'd love to see it for Dreamcast, and word on the street is that's happening...

Despite the fact I've preordered the homecart, I'll probly buy both ports, to tell you the truth. Nerd alert.

corbo 2

Genjuro's Frog
Talen said:
I for one am ecstatic. That is how a port should be handled. The CvS2 port was out just after the arcade release and that did nothing but bring people into the arcades to compete. Great news. Quality gaming shouldn't just be for elitist assholes. :cool:

At least we get our perfect HCs a couple months before the rabble, right guys? :p
This is great news for the people who can't afford the HC or MVS board.Agreed with the bit with Talen.Hopefully this will get people in the arcades which is great news for Playmore and support the great arcade scene.Glad they pushed the date forward some more.

And i thought i would never get to play it,yay!

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
SPONG is reporting that the PS2 version will have redrawn and 3d backgrounds. Hmmmmzzzz....

Freelancer

Banned
Kid Aphex said:
SPONG is reporting that the PS2 version will have redrawn and 3d backgrounds. Hmmmmzzzz....

All the more reason not to buy it.

Neo home cart version for me! :buttrock: :D

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Kid Aphex said:

This is MOST unfortunate.

Ran Thrie

Zero's Tailor
Kid Aphex said:

nooooooo add more modes and charas not 3D!!
i pray thats false.

CraigPilecky

Zero's Tailor
Shit 3d backgrounds suck! Whyd they have to go and do that.

Looks like the Neo version will have one big advantage over the ports.

I guess this is SNKP's way of appealing to the mainstream PS2 gamer. :angry:

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
Ran Thrie said:
nooooooo add more modes and charas not 3D!!
i pray thats false.

I wouldn't mind seeing 3D backgrounds myself. However, they're not exactly at the top of my list for console extras. More modes and characters sound WAY better. Oh and an arranged and/or alternate soundtrack (ala CVS1) would rock as well.

I doubt it's real since 1) Spong isn't very reliable I hear (even though they DID accurately report on Sammy vs Capcom) and 2) They could be talking about KoF 2001 for the PS2 which is confirmed to be shown at TGS.

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Have you guys seen SvCs backgrounds?

Ugh, they're horrible.

Anything would be an improvement.

daybona

Juz,
I think its important to note that SVC is getting a JAPANESE release. While this is great for PS2 nerds, the US release is probably at least a year away.

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
c.t.h said:
Have you guys seen SvCs backgrounds?

Ugh, they're horrible.

Anything would be an improvement.

True, some are plain and a 3D revision would look good. However, not ALL of the backgrounds suck. The top five stages in SVC Chaos IMO are:

1) Nude Place (chapel)
2) Hell (Red Arremer Stage)
3) Orochi Iori/Violent Ken Stage
4) "Shin stage"
5) Green of Forest (Forest stage)

These 5 look awesome the way they are.

I think its important to note that SVC is getting a JAPANESE release. While this is great for PS2 nerds, the US release is probably at least a year away.

Not necessarily. KoF 2001 PS2 is due in Japan in October where the US release has been slated for November 18th. I'd say Feburary at the latest.

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
I'll probably be buying the PS2 port when it hits the market, since I don't have so much money to spend in the Home cart or the jamma version....
...but I know I'll get any of those two when they reach an affordable (for me) price in a near or distant future, probably in the second hand market :D

It's just MUCH better to play the real thing for me, but while I cannot afford it, the PS2 port should be a GREAT alternative....

...unless they start changing and replacing things as those 3D backgrounds that you guys are talking about :shame: hope those are only extras...

[OCEAN]

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
If SNKP were smart, they'd release this port worldwide (or at least in Japan AND the US) on the same date, or at least before X-Mas.

And the energy generator stage was pretty damn awesome too.