Best Replacement Buttons for MVS?

Sigmund

n00b
Hey guys. I'd like to replace the buttons on my MVS cabinet. Most of them are just fine, but one or two of them are a little bit sticky. Like, if you try to rapidly tap the button, every now and then it'll stick in the down position. Very annoying...

My question is this... What's the best place to get replacement buttons? I'd like to get a full set of buttons that match the original colors, if possible. Is Happ Controls the place to go?

Thanks guys.

Sigmund

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Actually if you search Ebay you'll always pull up a Neo auction for replacement buttons and joysticks. I got mine that way. 2 ultimate sticks and all horizontal buttons from the original colors etc.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I've dealt with happ twice and both time i had great transactions. As far as buttons go you could get them from happ as they have a few different buttons styles (ultimate, competition, etc) or you could go the ebay route. I believe Bob Roberts sells Happ buttons as well but for lower price then can be had at Happ's site. I've bought from Bob before, he is great.

Last edited:

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Yeah I'd definately go with Happ buttons. If I were you though I'd get the ones with the horizontal microswitches...the vertical ones tend to feel a bit stiff (Ultimates are the vertical ones). Go with Bob Roberts too - the buttons are about 40 cents cheaper a piece, and you'll get your stuff really fast. Happ Controls are still really good to deal with though, you can't go wrong either way.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
therealbobroberts is great!! I fully back him up 100% as will many gamers from these boards!

BILLY

Mr. Big's Thug
Go for Happ competition style buttons. They just feel better IMHO.

SeaWolf69

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Before you go out and buy new buttons, you should take them apart and clean them up and put a little silicon grease around the buttons & it should work pretty good. But, you can't go wrong with new buttons & Bob Roberts is the shit alright. I try to get all my arcade stuff from him. Man, Happ quoted me a $30 UPS S&H for a coin mech :annoyed: & Roberts sold me the same thing for $14 S&H included :) . I got it pretty fast as well, I too back him up a 100%. :buttrock: I hope this helps. Laters...

Sigmund

n00b
Thanks for the pointers guys. I'm going to give the buttons a good cleaning this weekend before I completely replace them, but when I do buy replacements, I'll give Bob Roberts a shot before Happ directly.

This is probably a bit sick, but I'll probably buy a couple of different style buttons, and see which ones feel better. I mean, once I'm getting them shipped, the buttons themselves don't cost all that much. I might as well buy a few sets...

Sigmund

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Sigmund said:
This is probably a bit sick, but I'll probably buy a couple of different style buttons, and see which ones feel better. I mean, once I'm getting them shipped, the buttons themselves don't cost all that much. I might as well buy a few sets...
Good idea. Also it is never a bad idea to have extra buttons around for a quick repair. I also like to have some extra cherry switches on hand.

If your placing an order, might as well test out some different types of sticks as well. I would highly recomend that you get competition sticks over all other.

Good luck.