play King of Fighters and metal slug on a cell phone!!

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
acem77 said:
King of Fighters and metal slug for N-Gage
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/groups/n-gage/
So, why is it that a handheld released years after the NGPC (and with a bazillion more buttons, besides) only has 4 characters (Terry, Kyo, Mai, Athena)? Especially considering this is a port of KOF R-2, rather than an original game made from scratch... Makes me wonder how few levels/powerups/slugs/options the N-Gage's Metal Slug will have.

--Chris

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
It's not that great of a port either, it's the exact same port that is available on the new Sprint PCS phone but with better controls.

I am looking forward to play Super Monkey Ball multiplayer via the wireless option.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
They had a cell phone version of KOF at E3 (I forgot what booth it was at) and it was terrible. I can't imagine these ports being any better.

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
There are people that are seriously going to buy this ... thing?

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I'm buying the N-Gage to use as a phone and gaming system in one package. I doubt this game game will be on my list though.

edit: Did you guys read this part: Requires over the air download.

Meaning this game isn't going to be on the MMC chips.

Snooptalian

Hairdresser, ,
If your looking for high end portable gaming, forget the N-Gage and look into Zodiac: www.tapwave.com . I was seriously considering the N-Gage until I saw this. Check it out before dropping cash for the Nokia.;)

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
Oh man, this kind of thing really needs to stop - quickly.
Its rubbish mobile phone games that give gaming in general a bad name.
I swear a whole new generation of people are gonna grow up thinking that a numeric keypad is the ideal control device, and that Nokia-whack-a-mole (or whatever) is the pinicle of gameplay.

And as for KoF? Playing a vs fighting game on a screen that is taller than it is wide just seems dumb - unless yer playing MvC2 I suppose.....

Saisyu

n00b
Four characters in a KOF game? Even if they have a couple of hidden chars, that's far too few! :very_ang:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Snooptalian said:
If your looking for high end portable gaming, forget the N-Gage and look into Zodiac: www.tapwave.com . I was seriously considering the N-Gage until I saw this. Check it out before dropping cash for the Nokia.;)
Yep, way bigger screen. I've had my eye on Tapwave's handheld since it was called Helix (which in my opinion is a better name).

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Re: Re: play King of Fighters and metal slug on a cell phone!!

Dash no Chris said:
So, why is it that a handheld released years after the NGPC (and with a bazillion more buttons, besides) only has 4 characters (Terry, Kyo, Mai, Athena)? Especially considering this is a port of KOF R-2, rather than an original game made from scratch... Makes me wonder how few levels/powerups/slugs/options the N-Gage's Metal Slug will have.

--Chris

How are you so sure there are only 4 characters? I'm sure the size of the game isn't that big. I'ts probably just a port of the NGPC edition. Is it because that is what is on the box?

In other words, SVC will only have Ryu and Kyo.

Battle Version

Overtop Pathfinder
Hell no, I think that is the most idiotic system release. Coolest feature: you have to take out the battery to swap out the carts... ALLLLRIIIIGHTT!:rolleyes:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Snooptalian said:
Has anyone really pre-ordered an N-Gage?

I work at a cell phone store. I don't need to preorder it. It'll be mine on day one, with a dealer line no less.