NEW Super Dodge ball MVS kits at $99 at the NEO STORE!

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
Like topic says.
Go ,buy it now!

FTL

Staff member
I really hope anyone manages to secure a piece of this wonderful game.
Maybe would be a great idea advising Shawn NOT to sell more than 1 piece to every customer..

Amix

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Too late. Someone bought them all :very_ang: I swear he had over 30 in stock and then it dropped to 0 :blow_top:

FTL

Staff member
Amix said:
Too late. Someone bought them all :very_ang: I swear he had over 30 in stock and then it dropped to 0 :blow_top:

New listing.
new stock in!
Check it out.

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
Wow; now i'm DEFINITELY tempted to buy one of these...
Thanks for the heads up about the new stock.

Amix

Benimaru's Hairdresser
All friggin' right! Now I just have to wait till Friday to get paid :buttrock:

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Just ordered one :D

Now I'm not so pissed off over me missing the chance on one just a little under ten hours ago.

Robert Wallace

Sieger's Squire
Hmmmm...........

Shawn emailed me a little over a week ago and asured me that that was the absolute last stock of Super Dodge Ball Kits he had.

I'll bet there are more than another 100 or so SDB Kits just being stocked and slowly released.

Same thing with other MVS Kits..........:oh_no:

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Okay, I'm not very happy about that.

I bought some now, because I understood that those were the last in stock, and I wanted one.

Now they aren't?

That's really lame :rolleyes:

Amix

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Yeah, I see your point. It's when the case of Metal Slugs gets released that is going to ruffle some feathers. :loco:

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
c.t.h said:

I bought some now, because I understood that those were the last in stock, and I wanted one.

Now they aren't?

You bought "some" - you wanted "one."

So you bought "some," leading me to think more than "one."

What would you do with the extra carts? Resell them for a profit?

Can't say I feel pity.

Talen

Leona's Therapis,
FTL said:
I really hope anyone manages to secure a piece of this wonderful game.
Maybe would be a great idea advising Shawn NOT to sell more than 1 piece to every customer..

It's funny for me to agree with you, but well, I do. :D

:help:

buster_broon

The Rock,
c.t.h said:

Now they aren't?

to be honest i am with Charlie with this one

fleecing the neo community is shocking :shame:

i dont have any pity either

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Fleecing?

What are you guys talking ?

Now I can't buy a cheap game with intent to resell later?

I do the same thing on yahoo japan all the time...

EDIT: That's not what I was annoyed about anyway. What I was trying to say was, I didn't really have the money to buy SBD right now anyway, but I wanted one and when it was almost sold out I bought it so I could get one.

Now I see that I could have waited...And that's what I'm annoyed about.

k?

buster_broon

The Rock,
c.t.h said:
Fleecing?

What are you guys talking ?

Now I can't buy a cheap game with intent to resell later?

I do the same thing on yahoo japan all the time...

its nothing personal and since i have dealt with you i know you are a great guy

but read your post - i am agreeing with charlie as it seems you bought many so you could make a profit, not just one to resell at a later date

so did you buy up all 30 items:glee:

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
No no no no.

I bought 3. Keep one, sell two later on and try to pay for the first one :)

But I wouldn't have bought any if I realized I could have waited a while.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
You guys didn't read the other post about this topic?

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63644&perpage=25&pagenumber=2

OK, I guess it's time to unveil the "secret". The corner of the universe was my city, Barcelona.

A friend of mine, named David, who has a lot of contacts in the local arcade industry, discovered some months ago a lot of SDB, Stakes Winners 2 and Tecmo World 96 brand new MVS kits, collecting dust for years in a warehouse from some obscure arcade distributor. He bought them all as a package for cheap. He told me about how to sell them, and I told him we could make a lot of money in this site or ebay, specially for SDB. However he is not used to internet trading, and his English sucks, so he didn't want to sell them individually. I offered him to do that job for him (for a share of course), but then I was out of the city for June-July-August, and when I came back he had sold most of them in a package to Shawn. He was paid in store credit, and used a part of it to buy the SvC JAMMA board for 1850$ (the last one Shawn sold for that price, some days after he dropped the price more than 500$ ). Well, I told David that he didn't make that great bussiness here, but who cares. He still has some of the kits, and offered me a SDB for 60€, but I don't like the game and I can't compete with the Neostore price now. If I could have bought some in May and sell them here for some $$$....

OK, you all know the truth now. So FTL is not the only European guy who can find brand new complete kits with matching serial numbers

David has told me he just sold all his remaining stock of around 100 SDB units to Shawn, and thus are the ones that just appeared in the neostore. Now he has only some left to be sold between the MVS users here in Catalonia.

Personally, at the price of 99$, and taking care that Shawn has sold around 70 so far plus the 100 in stock now, buying more than one for profit is not worth the trouble in my opinion. If only I could have bought some in June....:rolleyes:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Looks like the only way those people are going to turn a profit on this hundred dollar game is start converting and is it really worth it?? Basically those of you who purchased more than two copies have monies tied up until this next 100 sell out and this could take months ...
The consolation is that this is a really good game :D
easy for me to state as I did'nt purchase 8 copies..
-BB

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Shawn emailed me, he got some more in a trade, so it's all good.

I should be able to sell my extras on ebay for 100$ to recoup my investment.

Can't wait to get the game tho :D

buster_broon

The Rock,
EvilMike said:
Freakin MVS users. Collectors and treating games as an investment ruining the market:very_ang: :very_ang:

:make_fac:

easy way to make money isnt it - in fact alot of money in a short space of time

thats why there is soo many scammers in the neo market as well

m_bish0p

Over Top Auto Mechanic
buster_broon said:
easy way to make money isnt it - in fact alot of money in a short space of time

thats why there is soo many scammers in the neo market as well

I've never really understood one thing about this, though. A perfect Boot of a Metal Slug 1 would be worth 800$ easily. Also, no one is going to open that cart to look at it.

So, why are the new bootlegs usually MVS? It would make sense to to go kinko's and make new manuals, ect... and then just sell fake carts. I guess I'm thinking something on the scale of NGF here, but even they sold legit carts, right?

I understand that, initially, the bootleggers sell to arcade operators. But with that market drying up, why not boot something that's actually worth some money?

I just don't understand why people like Jephie are pushing 50$ fake KOF '98 carts instead of 300$ fake Waku Waku home carts.