The Boards current status.....

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
At this moment, we are in a holding pattern.

Why you may ask.

Basically, I have been unsuccessful at getting Avatar uploading to work. It could be a problem with PHP, and we are awaiting to hear back from the hosting ISP on this. If we are unsuccessful with that endeavor, we are going to open a support ticket with the VB authors and see if they can figure out what the problem is.

What that means is that the 1 hack we have installed (the Recent Post Titles on the Forum Home screen) will disappear while they are working on the problem. They only support unhacked systems.

PHP also has caused another issue for another hack that is presently ready to be installed, but can not until a change is made by the ISP. That is the Country Flags hack. But, this also can not be installed until the Upload problem is fixed.

Currently, you can install a custom Avatar but posting it to a website, and then providing a link to it in your profile. VB will then take that link, and download it to the local site, and save it for you. Why that method works, and upload does not, is beyond me. The website hosting the picture is only accessed the one time, after that one download, the Avatar is stored in the Database here.

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
When we get the flags back, something that would mean a lot to at least half a dozen active members would be the additions of the Catalan and Scottish flags.

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
i think the forums are fine as it is. don't worry yourself so, mouse master. you've done a great job. fuck all these ungreatfull wankers.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
The only problem i do find though is when looking at the forums header page say for example the latest post is shown for each individual forum if you click on it then someone has just posted to put a new topic at the top it takes me to the new top topic and not the topic i clicked on

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Lee Gray said:
The only problem i do find though is when looking at the forums header page say for example the latest post is shown for each individual forum if you click on it then someone has just posted to put a new topic at the top it takes me to the new top topic and not the topic i clicked on

yep i agree that is bothersome.

Still the new forums are great. I wouldn't worry to much about removing the hacks in order to get help from the VBB support. Not having the whos online hack for awhile will be well worth the addition of the flags :buttrock: