VinylBoy in Lisbon... PART TWO!

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Well, after MANY months of rescheduling, Iºve made it to Portugal. After being rushed to Porto and Santo Tirso for some parties, I had one day to check out the sights in Lisbon, and of course I went directly to an arcade. :)

Just as I suspected, there are a LOT of Neo Geo games in this arcade I went to, which is in a mall very close to the Lisbon Airport. Itºs actually a bowling alley, but there are many more video games. What's also odd is how these games are presented... they´re all on this "Play Choice" system that has anywhere from 40-50 games on them. From KOF 96,97,98 & 99 to Mark Of The Wolves, Samurai Shodown IV... even World Heroes Perfect! Plenty of games to keep any Neo Geo fan happy. The button arrangements on these machines though were quite weird... There were 6 buttons on the machine in three rows, with A, B and C on the bottom and D on the top of A & B. That made it quite confusing to play against this one opponent in KOF '96, but luckily I was still able to get a victory.

I wish I was staying out here longer so I can really do some sightseeing, however, my flight leaves tomorrow. But a second trip in July or August is in the works, so maybe next time I can find some other arcades and some more ghames to play... among everything else. :)

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
YO !

So, where have you been man ? you told us you would be in "industria" , I was looking for you everywhere!

Damn! You even haven't gave us your name for an easier inquire!

Well, at least I hope you enjoyed your stay :)

Wish I could have met you. Perhaps on your next trip!

OH ! and those cabs you have played... they were certainly MAME cabs. there are shitloads of them now. wink :rolleyes:

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Yo Atrophyed! :)

Sorry about the confusion with the clubs. Originally I was scheduled to play Industria, however, they weren't able to confirm the dates for whatever reason. At the last minute, I was booked to play a Saturday Night/Sunday Morning at the Pedra do Couto. So most of the time, I was up north in Porto or Santo Tirso. In fact, I only had one actual day to spend in Lisbon and after all of the additional travelling I did I was really exhausted.

The next trip, I hope to have actual gigs in Lisbon so that I can stay in the main city for longer. And I will definitely schedule some extra days before and after the playdates so that I can do some real sightseeing and such.