German help

Daisuke Jigen

R.I.P.,, Dear Friend,
I need some help here.

I recently purchased some items off someone on eBay.de.

Before the auction, I was told I could use PayPal. But now that the auction is over, he wants a MO.

However, USPS doesn't cash IPMO in Germany.

Is there a german member here who might be willing to send a money order to this person if I were to transfer the funds to you via PayPal? I'm down for covering all the fees that might be incurred.

Daisuke Jigen:

Is there a german member here who might be willing to send a money order to this person if I were to transfer the funds to you via PayPal? I'm down for covering all the fees that might be incurred.
This is all unneccessary if you have an account at a regular bank.

Easy ask your bank about doing a transfer to Germany. Also ask the seller about his bank data and your bank will do a request to the other and give you all the info to do the transfer.

Believe me it is possible to do bank transfers international, because each bank has an international bankcode as well.

I once did a bank transfer from Germany to Singapore. Also to Italy, Great Britain and the United States.

<small>[ May 14, 2003, 01:45 AM: Message edited by: the_move ]</small>

Daisuke Jigen

R.I.P.,, Dear Friend,
the_move:
Daisuke Jigen:

This is all unneccessary if you have an account at a regular bank.

Easy ask your bank about doing a transfer to Germany. Also ask the seller about his bank data and your bank will do a request to the other and give you all the info to do the transfer.

Believe me it is possible to do bank transfers international, because each bank has an international bankcode as well.

I once did a bank transfer from Germany to Singapore. Also to Italy, Great Britain and the United States.
I would do that, but right now I do not have means of getting ahold of my bank manager. I was just looking for someone who might be able to help sooner than later.

I wanted to get him payed within the week, but extenuating circumstanes have taken me away from the calling rang of home. Next week I'll be home, but that's another week this gentlemen has to wait.

CHRiZ-77

Gal Ageise's Demon
To send payment via Banktransfer is my first choice! Straight behing westerunion and PayPal! You´ve to add a 3,5% fee of PayPal or around USD 20,00 for westernunion!

I would go for banktransfer, course it´s secure!

Greez
Chris

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I would gladly help you out, but I haven't got PayPal yet. Perhaps you can do a bank transfer of the money, not an IPMO. The German seller would have to send you his account information and you could ask your bank to start an international money order/wire transfer. It's quite expensive I guess (at least it's expensive over here), but very reliable.

Man, I really have to activate my sleeping PayPal account. After sweating through a couple of IPMOs in the last few months, I'm really sick of em. It works, but can take very long.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Sorry, but at least in my case international bank transfer is much more expensive than paypal...
Last year I won an item in Germany for a total of around 90€, and since then we had the same currency here in Spain I thought: "Hell, now bank transfer has to be easier and cheaper..."
I had to pay a fee of 16€ in my bank (I think it was the minimum one, so maybe it is worth it only for larger sums). Well, after that the seller received ONLY 80€. They also charged a fee to him. Needless to say he was mad at me, and so was I to the banks.
So be very careful about if he will have to pay fees too, that's my warning.
It's a shame that now that borders have disappeared and we have the same currency it is still that expensive to do something as simple as paying somebody else... oh_no I signed up at Paypal the first day it was available to we Europeans, and haven't had a problem ever since.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
int'l bank transfer from the US costs like $40.

but I think you can do it online if you are a member of Bank of America or some other rather large banks.

Lovecraft0110

Ace Gho,
20 Year Member
You could always use Western Union, I've had a lot of deals with German sellers on ebay.de and most of them did acept it. It's clearly on the expensive side, but it's safe and instantaneous: the bank transfer may take WEEKS and will probably be almost as expensive.

Another method which I have used sometimes for international transactions (for example with the Japanese ebay seller "Solvarou") is cash in a registered letter. Yeah, it's illegal but it works. I sent this guy 300$ in a well-concealed envelope and used EMS so that it would be fast and have a tracking number. The money arrived in three days with no problems at all.

Just my two cents.

The highest fee I paid was 20 € additionally to the transfer to Singapore.

apus

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Jigen: I can do that if you want. Shoot me a PM please.

Greets

Dennis