Neo Geo Cup 98???

Baseley09

Hair Group,
In the reviews i saw something about this game being a remake of Sidekicks 2, even though it came out after Ultimate 11???

Anyone shed anything on this game, ive never played??

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Baseley09:
In the reviews i saw something about this game being a remake of Sidekicks 2, even though it came out after Ultimate 11???

Anyone shed anything on this game, ive never played??
i believe it is a remake of ss3. different title screen, thats really it.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
It came out in 1998, just in time for the soccer world cup of that year, it's a remake of SS3 with more (and different) teams, slightly different backs/graphics, a few more goal scenes, better endings and stuff like that. Gameplay-wise, it's SS3 all over again, and I'm glad that they decidet to use the SS3 engine, not U11. U11 isn't really good IMO.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
It's basically a rehashed SSK3.

Different packaging, remixed music, more teams and that's about it. I'd say it plays more smoothly than SSK3 (probably because of the higher MEG count), but the game engine is identical to SSK3 in every way.

Released in time for France '98, the basic set up runs alongside the World Cup.
For example if you select to play as England your qualifying game will be against Italy (the last qualifier England had to play in real life); and then you get put into a group with Nigeria, Romania and Tunisia - just like in the real tournament! Pretty cool :cool:

It's about time Playmore released a new Super Sidekicks game instead of churning out piss poor beat 'em ups constantly :rolleyes:

Baseley09

Hair Group,
The officialness of it seems real cool in that case, SSK3 is the only neo soccer game i have, and therefore my fave, but i dont think ill be picking this up (has it even had a cd release).

Better check the..........errrm.....thing.

Just tried it, its a bloody rip off, it even has the same intro eek_2

But still great game.

<small>[ May 11, 2003, 06:08 AM: Message edited by: Baseley09 ]</small>

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Sorry fella, no CD version of NG CUP '98 or Ultimate 11 I'm afraid :(

I suppose unless you're a collector there is little point in having both games as they're so similar... but imho I'd rather ng cup '98 than SSK 3 :)

You've always got the 'thing' though wink