how many next gen system can you buy with the amount of money you have spent in neo

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
I could have all of those and all the games for them, but I prefer my neowith all the games. I do enjoy my gamecube though. wink

slerch666

updyke,
I could probably buy 4 X-boxes, 3 PS2s and 2 GCNs. Not sure how much more than that I've spent.

The best part is that all my stuff is MVS. So ~$480 of that is the Super Nova and the 4 slot I bought.

buster_broon

The Rock,
ahem

in usd i could have got:

20 x PS2's + 20 x Xbox + 20 x Gamecube

and maybe around 10 games on each system

eek!

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
buster_broon:
ahem

in usd i could have got:

20 x PS2's + 20 x Xbox + 20 x Gamecube

and maybe around 10 games on each system

eek!
About the same here. wink glee

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
5thlion5thlion:
i counted at least 2 ps2 on xbox an a game cube with the money ive spent!
So you have a system, controller, and one game?

Sickliquid86

Galford's Armourer
I was just thinking about all the money I put in my DC collection, I could probaly get myself a neogeo and a game or 2( I have 40 games for DC not much but it is my little port collection :cool: )

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
I could buy about 5 PS2's 5 Shit Boxes and about 7 Game Cubes with 20 New games for each system.

Giby

m_bish0p

Over Top Auto Mechanic
hmm...

Wel If I add it up somewhere around 15 ps2 systems.

however, I could have easily gotten into neo cheaper than the next-gen systems. My candy cab was what really killed me. Also, I own lots of MVS games.

I could have dropped a 1-slot into my klax and converted that. It would have cost about 125$, total, and then the games are about half the price of the next-gen games.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, the MVS isn't as expensive as the next gen systems, and in my opinion, I think it's more fun.

I've spent more money on it, because I wanted the nicest cab I could find, and I own more games for my neo than for all the next-gen systems combined.

One thing that bothers me about the neo community is that everyone seems to try to impress one another with how much they spent. Don't get me wrong, I've done this as well. But now I realize that it's just scaring the hell out of newbies that are looking into this hobbie.

When I mention the neo, anyone who's heard of it just asks if I'm rich, crazy or both. I guess that's fair, but the neo's reputation for being expensive is driving away new players.

I would like to see, and might create in time, a site dedicated to showing people how to do neo-geo on a budget. Maybe explain that you can get a monitor at the goodwill, and a 1-slot board for under 100$. It would be nice if someone made a 'cheap neo' kit of some sort that would allow people without technical skills to just buy the minimums and get into the hobbie without selling thier first born.

anyway, that's my rant for the day.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
hmm...I'd say about 15x Xbox, give or take an Xbox...

Pep

Genjuro's Frog
20 Year Member
I do not even want to think about it. It is the best for my mental health..... :o

<small>[ May 05, 2003, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: Pep ]</small>

LoLLo

n00b
probably 10 ps2

<small>[ May 06, 2003, 08:25 AM: Message edited by: LoLLo ]</small>

I know its blunt, and not an attack on anyone who thinks differently but who cares? loco

I came very close to buying a PS2 after this past XMAS with some gift certs I got. And I was pondering buying a GBA SP because my friends got one too but I don't know.

I'm damn glad I never bought one. Here's why:
1.) I used to buy every new system. Then I had to buy games for it. All my money would go to support my multiple game systems.
2.) I haven't bought a new system since '95, and that was a Sega Nomad. I'd like to keep it that way.
3.) What does PiS2, Lamecube, or Suxbox do that a PC doesn't? I have a PC, which allows me to use Office, CAD, tons of other $hit, satisfies my 3D game cravings, allows me to view these forums, and allows me to buy NEO games online.
4.) Most importantly, not buying a new system lets me spend that expendable income on my beloved NEO, as I've neglected my NEO for a long time until I found these forums and esp this website.

My admiration for the NEO, its community, and especially its games has been reignited since I found this website and all these players. I'm sticking with that, and refuse to buy a new game system.

And you guys want to know something else thats too bad <and sorta sick>; never since the 12 year period I've owned my NEO have anyone in my circle of friends ever bought an AES. A couple got NGPC but thats it. Too bad as a few of them are into fighters more than me.

<small>[ May 06, 2003, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: Electroman ]</small>

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Pep:
I do not even want to think about it. It is the best for my mental health..... :o
Ditto. This topic frightens me....because it makes me think how much I've spent on my Neo over the years.

I'd like to not think of the numbers and just enjoy the fact that I own the games I love. :)