hey average joe?

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
so what do you think of matrimelee? as i have said b4 i honestly think its a good game and fun to challenge on.... much better than rotd imho...

so yeah whaddya think?

:)

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
No time to elaborate, gotta work in a couple minutes, but quickly stated...I love it.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Ok, break time.

But yeah, I'm pretty much in love with the game.

The characters are all great, the music is odd...but really catchy, and there are some nice new gameplay additions that make it a fun and refreshing game.

Two things I don't like, well three things actually.

1) The backgrounds, while nice, suffer in terms of variety. There really aren't all that many, and many of them are pretty much the same with only a few minor alterations.

2) The endings are crap. Really bad, stupid, what the fuck did I just beat this game for kind of bad. That's pretty disappointing when you consider the rather cool and rewarding endings for ROTD.

Lastly, the boss, Princess Sissy is the biggest pushover of a boss I've ever faced.

When you first play her, she'll swat you around like a fly, but once you figured out her ridiculously easy pattern, you should have no problems scoring two perfect wins.

Other than that, the game is great.

A welcome addition to the Neo library.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
yeah i dig this game too.. maybe ive said that enough though...

sissy is easy... holy shit i thought she was impossible, this trick you mention can everyone do it or only certain characters?

yeah there arent many backgrounds are there...

the music certainly is original... the enka distresses me though :)

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
beelzebubble:
yeah i dig this game too.. maybe ive said that enough though...

sissy is easy... holy shit i thought she was impossible, this trick you mention can everyone do it or only certain characters?

yeah there arent many backgrounds are there...

the music certainly is original... the enka distresses me though :)
Check your PM regarding Sissy.

grapplerJoe

Overtop Pathfinder
Can someone please describe how this plays like?
Does it play like rotd, motw,rbff or what? :)

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
game speed and the "feel" of the characters movement is sorta ff or something like that. systems wise its in a category of its own with double jumps in any direction (even after attacking from memory) the ability to move before 2nd and 3rd rounds begin, the automatic powering up when breaking to a new bar level, kof style cd counters, rolling, energy bar relpenishment from powering up, using the ref as a ball to increase combo hits etc.. pretty original and the speed and feel i personally like as a challenging game... :)