King of Fighters Sountracks... Where to buy them?

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
I lost my KoF mp3s due to my dead computer, so once I get some cash again I want to just go ahead and buy the soundtracks.

However my searches have turned up only bootleg copies. >.<

Is there any reputable dealer that sells them? I just want KoF '97 and '98. Must hear "Mad Fantasy" again....

Q

qube

If you find anyplace please post it!! :D I am looking for 97 and 96 myself :)

slerch666

updyke,
KaedesBlade:
<a href="http://www.gamemusic.com" target="_blank">www.gamemusic.com</a>
Be careful when you buy KOF soundtracks, even at the above link. If the company that released it is SonMay (labeled as SM on GameMusic.com, just like the majority of KOF CDs on GM.com are) or EverAnime, it's a fucking bootleg piece of shit. Check out the bootleg Anime link in my sig... the same site has a way to find out if a CD is bootleg or not. Even though it's mostly centered around Anime CDs, it actually goes for ANY Japanese released CD.

If you don't mind buying bootleg shit, then don't worry about it. I just wanted to make you aware of the situation. If the price is less than $20 for a Japanese CD, more than likely it's a fake.

It looks as though <a href="http://www.cdjapan.co.jp//search.html?type=AC&word=King+of+Fighters&restrict=CD&step=50&sub=" target="_blank">CD Japan</a> has KOF OSTs for 97-2K2. How would you go about getting the others? Talk to NeoBomberman and see if he can find one used for you, since he's a cool guy about buying shit for people from Japan.

CHRiZ-77

Gal Ageise's Demon
Most of all Soundtracks were produced in Honk-Kong, Taiwan or Korea...

Made in Japan is not the only Original! Japanese Soundtracks are more expensive than the other ones, that´s true! You can get Soundtracks of EverAnime or SonMay! The Quality isn´t bad at all! Same as Japanese ones! Keep that in mind!

I can get both of them 4 you, if you want...

If you were interested, just send me an E-M@il!

Thx
Chris

slerch666

updyke,
CHRiZ-77:
Most of all Soundtracks were produced in Honk-Kong, Taiwan or Korea...

Made in Japan is not the only Original! Japanese Soundtracks are more expensive than the other ones, that´s true! You can get Soundtracks of EverAnime or SonMay! The Quality isn´t bad at all! Same as Japanese ones! Keep that in mind!

I can get both of them 4 you, if you want...

If you were interested, just send me an E-M@il!

Thx
Chris
The only originals are the ones that are actually released by Pony Canyon and Scitron, everything else is likely a boot (like SonMay or Ever Anime shit. Regardless of what you say or think, neither SonMay or Ever Anime are legitimate distributors of CDs. Yes, there may be legit HK/Korean/wherever copies of the CDs, but neither above mentioned companies owns the licenses for the stuff they sell, which is why I'll try my best to never buy a CD if they manufactured it). Here's a <a href="http://www.digital.anime.org.uk/piratefaq.html#acd" target="_blank">link</a> that explains about SonMay and Ever Anime CDs.

The sound quality may be the same, but the same can't be said for the artwork/packaging.

I have a bootleg Two-Mix CD from Ever Anime (Rhythm Formula 2 disc set). The booklet looks like a crappy photocopy job (the Kanji is fuzzy as shit and the pictures are blurry as hell), it's missing some artwork and the CD artwork is... shitty to say the least. I didn't know it was a boot at the time. I went to Amazon Japan after I realized I'd been had and bought the real deal. The packaging quality is 100% better than the Ever Anime CD; the difference is glaringly obvious. No blurry text, different and better album art, higher quality packaging over all and not-blurry-pictures.

If someone wants to buy a bootleg, that's their business.

Domino-chan- <a href="http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/search.html?type=GC&word=king+of+fighters&restrict=CD" target="_blank">CD Japan</a> has the real deal of both discs for about $20 apiece. It'll be like $25-$27 apiece after shipping. The link I provided, both here and above, take you right to a search for KOF.

grapplerJoe

Overtop Pathfinder
Speaking of KoF soundtracks, have any of you guys heard about "The King of Fighters best arranged collection since 94-00"? I recently bought one and I'm really skeptical why is it that all the tracks there sounds different from the orignal AST?They don't sound awful or something but just different. spock

cuccoo

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Buy the real deal and support the company. Like the guy with long post said, the difference is that much. EA is definitely a boot company. I bought it's product once in ebay unknowingly. Since then I've been pretty cautious.

Anyway, yes, the real product cost $10+ more, but if you are PAYING for music, might as well get the real deal and send the money to the right people who actually work hard for it. Buying form bootleggers is like paying those leecher from the internet.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Domino-chan and qube:

If you're looking for a reputable dealer that sells only original Japanese product, look no further. My company, <a href="http://www.hoteiyalv.com/" target="_blank">Hoteiya Las Vegas</a>, can get you what you need. I will double-check with our supplier in Japan, but it appears that at this time they have the following KOF CD items in stock:

The King of Fighters '94 Original Sound Trax / SNK ~ Shinsekai Gakkyoku Zatsugidan
PCCB-00162 / 10-20-1994 Original Sound Trax / $13.90

The King of Fighters '95 / SNK ~ Shinsekai Gakkyoku Zatsugidan
PCCB-00187 / 08-19-1995 Original Sound Trax / $13.90

The King of Fighters '96 Original Sound Trax / SNK ~ Shinsekai Gakkyoku Zatsugidan
PCCB-00223 / 08-20-1996 / $13.90

The King of Fighters '96 Arrange Sound Trax / SNK ~ Shinsekai Gakkyoku Zatsugidan
PCCB-00225 / 09-19-1996 / $23.16

The King of Fighters '96 Drama CD
PCCB-00230 / 11-07-1996 / $23.16

The King of Fighters '97 Original Sound Trax / SNK ~ Shinsekai Gakkyoku Zatsugidan
PCCB-00273 / 08-20-1997 / $16.68

The King of Fighters '97 Arrange Sound Trax / SNK ~ Shinsekai Gakkyoku Zatsugidan
PCCB-00279 / 09-18-1997 / $23.16

The King of Fighters '97 Drama CD Gekitotsuhen / SNK
PCCB-00281 / 10-01-1997 / $23.16

The King of Fighters '97 Drama CD Shukumeihen / SNK
PCCB-00286 / 11-06-1997 / $23.16

The King of Fighters The Best / SNK ~ Shinsekai Gakkyoku Zatsugidan
PCCB-00324 / 09-17-1998 / $19.09

The King of Fighters Kyo Original Sound Trax / SNK ~ Yumekobo
PCCB-00335 / 09-17-1998 / $21.00

The King of Fighters '98 Original Sound Trax / SNK ~ Shinsekai Gakkyoku Zatsugidan
PCCB-00334 / 08-19-1998 / $21.00

The King of Fighters '98 Arrange Sound Trax / SNK ~ Shinsekai Gakkyoku Zatsugidan
PCCB-00337 / 09-17-1998 / $26.73

The King of Fighters '98 Drama CD / SNK
PCCB-00339 / 10-06-1998 / $26.73

The King of Fighters R-1 & R-2 Original Sound Trax / SNK ~ Shinsekai Gakkyoku Zatsugidan
PCCB-00381 / 07-15-1999 / $17.18

The King of Fighters '99 Original Sound Trax / SNK ~ Shinsekai Gakkyoku Zatsugidan
PCCB-00387 / 08-17-1999 / $21.00

The King of Fighters '99 Arrange Sound Trax / SNK ~ Shinsekai Gakkyoku Zatsugidan
PCCB-00393 / 09-17-1999 / $26.73

The King of Fighters Best Arrange Collection ~Since 94 to 00~ / SNK ~ Shinsekai Gakkyoku Zatsugidan
SCDC-00014 / 06-21-2000 / $26.73

The King of Fighters 2000 Original Sound Trax / SNK ~ Shinsekai Gakkyoku Zatsugidan
SCDC-00035 / 08-23-2000 / $21.00

The King of Fighters 2000 Arrange Sound Trax / SNK ~ Shinsekai Gakkyoku Zatsugidan
SCDC-00041 / 10-11-2000 / $26.73

The King of Fighters 2000 Drama CD / SNK
SCDC-00042 / 09-20-2000 / $26.73

The King of Fighters 2001 Original Sound Trax / Eolith ~ SNK
SCDC-00143 / 12-19-2001 / $21.00

Please ask slerch666 what he thought of our service -- he recently acquired the Arrange Sound Trax and Drama CD for "The Last Blade 2" from us. Shipping from Las Vegas to Houston (via USPS Priority with insurance and delivery confirmation) for one or two CDs would only be about $6.00, qube. Domino-chan, as a Las Vegas resident, we could arrange personal delivery so that you could avoid shipping charges, although we would have to charge Nevada sales tax, naturally. We currently accept payment via PayPal, money order, or personal check.

If either of you are interested in any of the aforementioned CDs, please send an email to us at orders@hoteiyalv.com (just cut'n'paste the above info for each of the items you'd like to order), and we'll have them shipped from the shop in Japan asap. Thanks for your consideration.

--Chris

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
slerch666:
It looks as though CD Japan has KOF OSTs for 97-2K2. CD Japan has the real deal of both discs for about $20 apiece. It'll be like $25-$27 apiece after shipping.
Unfortunately, CD Japan is woefully nondescript in the titling of their game soundtrack CDs. What they list as available (for '97/'98) are:

The King of Fighters '97 Drama CD Gekitotsuhen
The King of Fighters '98 Original Sound Trax
The King of Fighters '98 Arrange Sound Trax
The King of Fighters '98 Drama CD

Something to be aware of about CD Japan is that their pricing information is listed somewhat deceptively. The price you see in a CD Japan item description is based not on the full price of the item (including 5% Japanese sales tax), but on the pre-tax price. When you are ready to make your purchase, CD Japan assesses a "handling charge" of 5% -- not just on the total price of your items, but also on the shipping charge.

For example, if you were to order The King of Fighters '97 Drama CD Gekitotsuhen and The King of Fighters '98 Original Sound Trax, your bill from CD Japan would look something like this:

$20.07 ('97 Drama CD)
$18.20 ('98 OST CD)
$12.41 (EMS Shipping - note that CD Japan counts the KOF'98 OST as 2 items for shipping calculations, since it's a double-CD set)

$50.68 (subtotal)
$ 2.53 (5% "handling charge")
$53.21 (TOTAL)

At Hoteiya Las Vegas, on the other hand, your bill would look like this:

$23.16 ('97 Drama CD)
$21.00 ('98 OST CD)
$ 6.00 (USPS Priority Shipping w/insurance & delivery confirmation)
$50.16 (TOTAL)

If you're a Las Vegas area resident, it's cheaper still (since you won't have to pay to have it shipped to you -- we'll hand deliver it if you like):

$23.16 ('97 Drama CD)
$21.00 ('98 OST CD)
$ 3.20 (7.25% NV State sales tax)
$47.36 (TOTAL)

--Chris

Stitch Faced Angel

Quiz Detective
I am not sure if anyone mentioned my old job yet, but <a href="http://www.animenation.com" target="_blank">www.animenation.com</a> has them has well, and I can tell you I know for sure that they are not bootlegs.

slerch666

updyke,
Shit, I hate to admit it, but I forgot about Dash No Chris and his <a href="http://www.hoteiyalv.com" target="_blank">Hoteiyalv</a> site! If you're looking for the OSTs and if they have 'em, give this man your business! He hooked me up with both the LB2 AST and the Drama CD; the AST I had been looking for for roughly 5 months before HE contacted ME to let me know he could get them. They shipped fast and the price was definitely good.

As far as CD Japan's 5% practice, they stopped that recently. The reason they did it that way was because the CD Japan and NeoWing site were run from the same DB, and since they had to charge the 5% for the Japanese orders, it was built into the system. The recently updated their DB program or some shit and they no longer charge international orders that extra charge (at least, according to them anyway).

Even if CD Japan doesn't charge the extra 5%, go with Dash No Chris as he really went out of his way for me. One of the best sellers I've dealt with. He did me a great service and I shit on him by forgetting him. Buy from Dash.

hyde

Super Spy Agent
grapplerJoe:
Speaking of KoF soundtracks, have any of you guys heard about "The King of Fighters best arranged collection since 94-00"? I recently bought one and I'm really skeptical why is it that all the tracks there sounds different from the orignal AST?They don't sound awful or something but just different. spock
is that the one with kof2000 prelude (K' speech)?
i like it it's a good thing they did some re-arrangement of the arranged sound tracks or else there are no point of buying it..
but i don't like the rumbling on the city and still green in that track. :)