World Heroes Perfect impressions?

Body rip

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Anyone ever played it? I found a place with a copy of the game, but it's a shit load of cash because it's in AES format. Your opinions on it would be greatly appreciated my friends. Shining moments, flaws, you know the drill.

I've never even in seen the game in action, but I've owned WH 1,2, and Jet. How much better is WHP than it's predecessors?

buster_broon

The Rock,
Originally posted by Fran:
<strong>it rocks</strong><hr></blockquote>

Compare it with fight fever, Fighters history dynamite or Garou - its rocks

Compare it with Samurai Shodown, Last Blade 2 or Art of Fighting 3 - its sucks

:) :) :)

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
yeah well

i find it daft to compare world heroes to last blade

find it daft when people compare apples to oranges or summat

just cant get it

probably just me though

but the guy likes wh 1 and 2 and jet

and perfect is so much better than those 3

so

it rocks

but what do i know

i'm just weird

buster_broon

The Rock,
Originally posted by Fran:
<strong>yeah well

i find it daft to compare world heroes to last blade

find it daft when people compare apples to oranges or summat

just cant get it

probably just me though

but the guy likes wh 1 and 2 and jet

and perfect is so much better than those 3

so

it rocks

but what do i know

i'm just weird</strong><hr></blockquote>

sorry

fran

i

just

read

your

and

thought

it

was

crap

compared

with

wh,wh2 and jet

it

is

sooo

much

better

go

figure

i

own

all

of

them

:)

buster_broon

The Rock,
I compared it to Last Blade because i believe that is classed as a figher, now if i compared it with Super Sidekicks then i see your point :)

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Where's steve?

He's best qualified to answer this.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
Originally posted by buster_broon:
<strong>

sorry

fran

i

just

read

your

and

thought

it

was

crap

compared

with

wh,wh2 and jet

it

is

sooo

much

better

go

figure

i

own

all

of

them

:) </strong><hr></blockquote>

ha

ha

ha

ha

ha

ha

ha

ha

ha

ha

ha

ha

ha

ha

;)

Body rip

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Originally posted by bemanisuperstar:
<strong>Is the WH Hanzo the Same as the Shodown Hanzo?</strong><hr></blockquote>

No, it's not the same person.

Galford Forever

Krizalids Fashion Designer
Originally posted by GregN.:
<strong>Where's steve?

He's best qualified to answer this.</strong><hr></blockquote>

MVSteve? He was really knowledgeable on just about aspects of gaming, especially Neo. I wish he were here to answer our questions!!

BTW, did he get banned?

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1369624837" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1369624837</a>

Why get World Heroes Perfect when you can get the original for the low BIN of $150?

Galford Forever

Krizalids Fashion Designer
Originally posted by dmhawkmoon:
<strong><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1369624837" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1369624837</a>

Why get World Heroes Perfect when you can get the original for the low BIN of $150?</strong><hr></blockquote>

And some people think there are no deals to be had on E-bay....

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Galford Forever:
<strong>

MVSteve? He was really knowledgeable on just about aspects of gaming, especially Neo. I wish he were here to answer our questions!!

BTW, did he get banned?</strong><hr></blockquote>

He's talking about Steve (that's his nick). He's a huge World Heroes fan and sticks up for the game in about every thread there is.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Originally posted by Body rip:
<strong>Anyone ever played it? I found a place with a copy of the game, but it's a shit load of cash because it's in AES format. Your opinions on it would be greatly appreciated my friends. Shining moments, flaws, you know the drill.

I've never even in seen the game in action, but I've owned WH 1,2, and Jet. How much better is WHP than it's predecessors?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I really liked WH2 and Jet despite the fact that this whole series is pretty cheesy. I hear Perfect is much better than all the others, and I have one on order right now (JPN version). BTW, if you don't mind my asking, define a "shitload of cash" in this case? Then I'll tell you what I paid for mine, which is in the mail on its way to me . . . :)

Body rip

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Originally posted by chimpmeister:
<strong>

I really liked WH2 and Jet despite the fact that this whole series is pretty cheesy. I hear Perfect is much better than all the others, and I have one on order right now (JPN version). BTW, if you don't mind my asking, define a "shitload of cash" in this case? Then I'll tell you what I paid for mine, which is in the mail on its way to me . . . :) </strong><hr></blockquote>

They want $300 even.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
I'm paying $200 plus $6 for shipping, and the one I'm getting is near-mint. I assume that the one you're looking at is JPN version? If its English, it'd be worth more than the JPN version . . . otherwise, that may be a bit high. PM me and I'll give you the seller info, he can probably get another one in the near future (or he may have one now thats not near-mint). :)

mungrin

Panko KING,
I like World Heroes perfect,but i feel the best one was Wh2 its a classic and brings back so many memories.i remeber waiting in line to play that game.The next best game is definetly WHp its so much better than jet.Id defiently get it.its worth owning.

buster_broon

The Rock,
Originally posted by chimpmeister:
<strong>I'm paying $200 plus $6 for shipping, and the one I'm getting is near-mint. I assume that the one you're looking at is JPN version? If its English, it'd be worth more than the JPN version . . . otherwise, that may be a bit high. PM me and I'll give you the seller info, he can probably get another one in the near future (or he may have one now thats not near-mint). :) </strong><hr></blockquote>

I paid 160usd from Solvarou - he had another copy the week after i won mine that went for 145usd
:( :(

Tiptonium

Tech Support Moderator,
Originally posted by Galford Forever:
<strong>

And some people think there are no deals to be had on E-bay....</strong><hr></blockquote>

Egads! :eek:

Tiptonium

Tech Support Moderator,
Originally posted by Body rip:
<strong>

They want $300 even.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Check with Carlson <a href="http://www.mad-gear.com/NeoGeo.htm" target="_blank">Clicky</a>

He sells the Japanese version for $180 complete and in excellent condition. I purchased one from him recently. He lists one in inventory for that price today.

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
World Heroes Perfect.....

Bit crap to be perfectly honest.
I'd ster well clear, the game just has not aged at all well. the characters are cheesy, and some of the moves are a pain to pull off.
The whiole game just has a rather 'light' feel to it.

thats my 2 cents

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Originally posted by buster_broon:
<strong>

I paid 160usd from Solvarou - he had another copy the week after i won mine that went for 145usd
:( :( </strong><hr></blockquote>

No need for frowns buster, you got a great deal! :) Anyway $200 wasn't too bad, I don't mind . . . its the only WH game that I NEVER got over all the years I've been collecting. Now I will (shortly) actually have it. :)

Sklabah

Another Striker
What's the diff? New control scheme? Hope so. I've got WH2 and it blows. Hard as hell and twice as ugly. Captain Kidd can eat my shorts, as well as all the rest. Those mongrels are cheaper than any KOF boss. I love it...if by "love", you understand me to say "HATE!"
mad.gif
:mad: