Poll - Standard Size of Shock MVS Case Inserts

gargoyle7

20 Year Member
Hiya all, just wanted to start a thread to hash this out and get everybody's opinions.

What size insert do people prefer for the Shock MVS cases?

For example, do people prefer the insert stay BELOW the clear plastic sleeve, or is it OK to rise above the clear plastic.

For you creators out there, which size template do you prefer?

Should the spine stay within the outlined section, or should it wrap all the way around and not show any red case border?

We need to come up with some solid standards here before designing gets really going..

Heres what I've been using:

1. Size (pixels) 1104W X 678H (very close to Gabe's insert specs) that rises above clear plastic sleeve

2. Spines that wrap all the way around (not contained in 'the box')

3. 3 piece printing (much easier at home), and people can join the inserts themselves if they want a solid 1 piece to print

These are just my prefs, what are everybody elses?

Lee (garg7) http://www.neogeotemple.com

bugula

Member,
Originally posted by gargoyle7:
<STRONG>Hiya all, just wanted to start a thread to hash this out and get everybody's opinions.

What size insert do people prefer for the Shock MVS cases?

For example, do people prefer the insert stay BELOW the clear plastic sleeve, or is it OK to rise above the clear plastic.

For you creators out there, which size template do you prefer?

Should the spine stay within the outlined section, or should it wrap all the way around and not show any red case border?

We need to come up with some solid standards here before designing gets really going..

Heres what I've been using:

1. Size (pixels) 1104W X 678H (very close to Gabe's insert specs) that rises above clear plastic sleeve

2. Spines that wrap all the way around (not contained in 'the box')

3. 3 piece printing (much easier at home), and people can join the inserts themselves if they want a solid 1 piece to print

These are just my prefs, what are everybody elses?

Lee (garg7) http://www.neogeotemple.com</STRONG>

from working on my own and downloading the ones available, i like gabe's the best but only when combined with the height of RyoGeo's (sorry don't have the dimensions here with me). i think that if a quarter inch is shaved off the height of gabe's that's the best height to work with.

as for three piece inserts, i prefer those much more than one large insert.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
I also prefer the three seperate pieces.

As far as height goes...up to the clear plastic sleeve is where it should end. If it goes above (like Gabe's do) they have the potential of getting shred up in normal usage.

cwGabe

New Challenger
That is a good point. If/when I do anymore I will make them a bit shorter.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Insert under the plastic sleeve would be better, I think.

I originall thought 1 piece would be better, but for people printing at home, as you mention, its much easier in 3 pieces.

The spine label should be large enough to stay in place; too narrow (in width) and it will slide around. If it is larger than the case spine area, it will naturally fold and stay in place.

Thanks for working on this Garg, I have quite a few MVS carts with no labels, in BBs cool new cases!!

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
So What should it be?? Should it be RYO GEO's Template or Nick_TH_Fury's Template???

I will most likely be tossing back up the NGF Insert so you guys can RAPE those things for the IMAGES or Re-Size them...Well some of them at least. I have received a request for the SHOCK Troopers inserts so those will probably go back up. I know that Ganryu one won't be available for DL as that is a total disgrace!
I'm still in the process of updating the pages,getting rid of the WebTV Color runs,tossing up the rest of the inserts,etc.
so bare with me.
Again there is a possibility I may release black.Nothing definiite right now.Once they are gone this may be it.
ANybody have new pictures of your shock ox collections?? Please get them to me an they will be featured in the main display area.
Some of Chimpmeister's pics will be placed in that area tonight.
So much to do....Please bear with me.
Damn 'RED WORM' might be slowing the server.
SHOCK BOX SITE

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
We're going to go with the RYOGEO Template dimensions.
Now we're deciding on a general format and a seperate area for EPS DL's.
SHOCK BOX
-BB

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Is it going to be easy to resize the existing inserts to shock box standard size?

Also maybe someone should whip up a small piece of html that lists the standard dimensions and the three parts method.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I will approach Gabe with the request. Lee is already working on re-configuring his inserts & Dave White will be editing his works as well. Andy's Insert was resized by RYOGEO.Again things are moving abit slow -BUT- moving..
-BB