Neo Shots on G4, Spike Spiegel gets mention!

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Last night, on g4, the did a show on the top 10 most influential games of all time. SF2 got the spot, but they showed candies playing FHD and KOF. Quite Cool.

Also, on g4tv.com, the showed them comparing 2k3 and Madden. The guy was playing Madden online and at the end said something like , "Those were shots of my game against Spike Spiegel, thanks for the game." or some shit. If that's *our* spike spiegel, congrats dude!

quite cool!

EMAGDNIM

Vice's Love Slave
Now that would be cool for your X Box live tag to be mention on TV :D

David Fallows

Sieger's Squire
Woah. Cool stuff. Spike, the lucky bastard. wink

You never see any retro game coverage on UK TV anymore. I'd love BBC Omnibus to cover the 2D scene at some point, I remember they covered the subject of video games and the japanese arcade scene back in '93, they showed some peeps playing Samurai Shodown which was v.cool.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
VanillaThunder:
Also, on g4tv.com, the showed them comparing 2k3 and Madden. The guy was playing Madden online and at the end said something like , "Those were shots of my game against Spike Spiegel, thanks for the game." or some shit. If that's *our* spike spiegel, congrats dude!
lol, おめでとう!
You're now the most famous gamer at neo-geo.com!

L

less than joseph

tsukaesugi:
You're now the most famous gamer at neo-geo.com!
Nah. I think dan elektro is still the most famous. And plus I kind of doubt that was ng.com's spike.

-joseph

<small>[ January 22, 2003, 07:54 AM: Message edited by: joseph ]</small>

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Interesting. I never knew there was a television network devoted to gaming. Might I ask what their top 10 list consisted of? I couldn't find the list on the site... just a synopsis for that particular show.

CraigPilecky

Zero's Tailor
I doubt that it was our Spike Spiegel. I dont know how many Spike Spiegel impersonators there are on the internet, but it has to be in the thousands at least.

Im probably the only guy here who just goes by his real name annoyed Unless those are your real names tickled

The only alias I go by anymore is Stephen on some web sites, but they all know my real name anyway.

Tacitus

Staff member
ForeverSublime:
Interesting. I never knew there was a television network devoted to gaming. Might I ask what their top 10 list consisted of? I couldn't find the list on the site... just a synopsis for that particular show.
Yeah, g4 is inconsistent, though. Some shows like Cinematech.. are fucking AWESOME. Cinematech treats VG as an ART form.. all they do is show trailers and in game clips set to trance music. VERY COOL. Icons kicks ass too.

Some shows like PORTAL make the Super Mario Brothers Live Action Movie look like high cinema. Ugh.. that show is gayer than Gay Gayerson. Everything else falls in between. They do show old Starcade reruns, and some of the original programming is ok. It's a mixed bag. I suggest cinematech, BLISTER and any of the UK import shows.

The rest are *very* hit or miss.

I don't remember the orders, so bear with me.
"The most influential Games of all time"

(Edits: Remembered more and more of the games, here's all of them from the top 10)

Street Fighter 2
THPS
(#1)Pong
Populous
Ultima Online/Ultima Universe
Tomb Raider
Super Mario 64
Doom
Gran Turismo
Command & Conquer

The rest escape me, but were all somewhat worthy choices.

Interesting, though.

<small>[ January 22, 2003, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: VanillaThunder ]</small>

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Whoa, man. That's a funny list. I wonder what their definition of "influencial" is.

Thanks for the info about the channel. I think it's interesting that this is in America... seems very "European".

Edit: Forgot to ask... what is THPS?

<small>[ January 22, 2003, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: ForeverSublime ]</small>

Tacitus

Staff member
ForeverSublime:
Whoa, man. That's a funny list. I wonder what their definition of "influencial" is.

Thanks for the info about the channel. I think it's interesting that this is in America... seems very "European".
Yeah, a lot of the shows are UK imports.

Tenplay, the show that had the top 10 list, was a UK import show.

I'd say 25% are UK, 25% are stupid as hell, 25% are ok, and 25% are fucking cool.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
ForeverSublime:
[...] Edit: Forgot to ask... what is THPS?
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater.

Btw., we had an Gaming channel too over here in continental Europe, but sadly it was populated with headset-wearing, PC-games-lovin', totally clueless dickheads in their Helly Hansen or Hilfucker gear.

I doubt this would be different on g4, or is it?

Snooptalian

Hairdresser, ,
Why don't they have G4 on Dish network or DirectTV? Doesn't make any sense. Seems like it out to be right there with TechTV.

GamersAbyss

Chin's Drinking Partner
Snooptalian:
Why don't they have G4 on Dish network or DirectTV? Doesn't make any sense. Seems like it out to be right there with TechTV.
I was just about to ask where I could watch G4 and I read your post. Is this a cable channel or what? I have Direct TV so I watch Tech TV alot.

Extended Play is a good show, most of the time but I really wigged out when that Fag Adam was ripping on Resident Evil Zero and talking about how great some lame ass sim game on the PC was, 5 minutes later.

Fuck that lamer...LOL, Capcom ownz his David Bowie lookin ass!!!

juanjuan

World Soccer '96
Did anybody see the E3 special on G4? They had an interview with a guy that had a Neo-Geo shirt(the one that has the 4 arcade buttons on the front).
I wonder if that was somebody from this very boards?

Icons is alright, but too short. The time allowed rarely does any company justice.
IMHO, G4 needs more "Behind the Music" type and reviews programs to keep it interesting and do away with shit like Players, Arena and all those "gamers" they have working for them...
And for heaven sakes, get somebody to replace Tallarico's lame ass in reviewing games. Heck get Dave Halverson, even he would be better than that jackoff...
I'll take a David Bowie looking wannabe over Tommy Tallarico any day...

juanjuan

World Soccer '96
GamersAbyss:
Snooptalian:
I was just about to ask where I could watch G4 and I read your post. Is this a cable channel or what? I have Direct TV so I watch Tech TV alot.

Extended Play is a good show, most of the time but I really wigged out when that Fag Adam was ripping on Resident Evil Zero and talking about how great some lame ass sim game on the PC was, 5 minutes later.

I get G4TV from AT&T digital cable here in Denver, but believe me, you are not missing much...

GamersAbyss

Chin's Drinking Partner
juanjuan:
GamersAbyss:
Snooptalian:

I get G4TV from AT&T digital cable here in Denver, but believe me, you are not missing much...
I hear you Bro but any video game show would have to kick the crap out of must see tv or joe millionaire and the rest of the lame shit thats on TV :D

THE RAGING TIGER

New Challenger
VanillaThunder:
Last night, on g4, the did a show on the top 10 most influential games of all time. SF2 got the spot, but they showed candies playing FHD and KOF. Quite Cool.

quite cool!
I have G4, the reporter is Scot Rubin, he also has some cute co-hosts! :D

C

Caris Nautilus

Do you know how many people on the internet use the handle spike speigal? Come on now... :rolleyes:

I've seen at least 2 at every forum ive been too. It's like if you used Master Cheif for a screen name.

Tacitus

Staff member
Drift King EX:
Do you know how many people on the internet use the handle spike speigal? Come on now... :rolleyes:

I've seen at least 2 at every forum ive been too. It's like if you used Master Cheif for a screen name.
this is really the only board I frequent, how the fuck am I gonna know that?

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
VanillaThunder:
Welllll if you know anything about popular animes...

Spike Spiegel is the main character from Cowboy Bebop.

Tacitus

Staff member
dmhawkmoon:
VanillaThunder:
Welllll if you know anything about popular animes...

Spike Spiegel is the main character from Cowboy Bebop.
Well, I'm wiser for wear now. Thanks for the info.

Oh well... WATCH CINEMATECH!

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
LOL... it was NOT me. I'm going to change my name, I guess. There's quite a few of them out there now. wink

Spike