Magical Drop 3 -- Digital Amphetamines

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Thanks to Kaede's Blade, I got this MVS cart. I had played it at a get together not too long ago because it looked pretty good, but everyone basically told me this was one of the best neo games out there.

I can't agree more.

RevQuixo said "This is the only game that I see that still makes my heart race."

Absolutely...

I just got done a 2 hour marathon of this on my cab.. and my left elbow is killing me from hitting the joystick back and forth. All the game modes PLAY awesome. (I especially like the board game one.)

The graphics look great, the sound is awesome.. (but why are the voices in spanish?) and most of all it's addicting as hell. It took me about 20 minutes to warm up to it, but after that, I was hooked.

This game is about as perfect of a neo game as you're going to find out there. (outside of the fighters.)

If anyone else is thinking of picking this up on MVS, I suggest it HIGHLY! MD Game Sales has got it for about 50 bucks and it matches MAYBE only ROTD for the title of <strong>MOST BANG FOR YOUR GAMING BUCK</strong> on the neo.

Note: While I was typing this message, my message scrolled and more than once I thought the letters were dropping down and I wanted to shoot them back up! tickled

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
It's kinda' hard to reply since I agree with everything you said, but I'll try. wink

I agree, Magical Drop III has such an addictive quality to it, I'm surprised it's not considered illegal in some parts.

You do know about how to unlock the secret characters for play don't you? In case you don't, I've found the easiest way is to highlight Justice, wait until the timer reaches 11, then hit C three times real quick. Boom! Six more characters to choose from. Tower has to be one of the coolest video game characters ever created.

I don't know why your game plays in Spanish though. However, don't set anything to English, put it in Japanese. In English, none of the characters have their discerning voices. It's all the same lame English voice over and over.

Tacitus

Staff member
It should most definitely be illegal. I was just walking around my house (quiet) and hearing the ding-ding of combos.

*off to try that, see you in 3 hours*

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
VanillaThunder:
It should most definitely be illegal. I was just walking around my house (quiet) and hearing the ding-ding of combos.

Hmm...maybe you'll be competition next itme around.

:D

Tacitus

Staff member
RevQuixo:
VanillaThunder:

Hmm...maybe you'll be competition next itme around.

:D
Rub it in, Rev, Rub it in. loco

<small>[ September 07, 2003, 01:10 AM: Message edited by: VanillaThunder ]</small>

the binary c0de

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
20 Year Member
I would LOVE to school...I mean play any of you guys at a game. Magical Drop is toe tallie amazon! I've only got II right now but number III is in my near future. So how bout that friendly game? wink

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
After getting all TEH NEOGEO ROMZ in my Xbox, the only one I've played and don't own in MVS format that I consider worth buying is MD3, the game is so much fun. Until now my favourite puzzle game was Ranma Oujijaankeen for Snes... But now they are tied.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Yup, this game is addicting as all hell. Sometimes annoyingly so, because the entire time you're at the arcade, there will always be someone playing them, meaning you'll hear the clanking and clinking the entire time you're there. wink

Anyways, yes, be sure to set it to Japanese, because they took the unique voices and story bits out of the English version for some ungodly reason.

buster_broon

The Rock,
to fuel some Controversy

even thought magical drop 3 is great, the best puzzle game on teh Neo has to be money puzzle/idol exchanger

more fun per buck imo (no pun intended)

SSS

neo retired
MD3 has to be my favorite Neo game after the SS series. I've had 2 hour+ matches with friends. At get togethers it's even better to play people who have also practiced at the game. If your elbow isn't killing you, and your hands not tingling, then you aren't playing correctly.

I've found that the old style sticks work best since you only have to move the joystick a very short distance. I couldn't imagine playing this game on any sort of gamepad.

<small>[ September 07, 2003, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: SamuraiShodownSensei ]</small>

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
buster_broon:
to fuel some Controversy

even thought magical drop 3 is great, the best puzzle game on teh Neo has to be money puzzle/idol exchanger

more fun per buck imo (no pun intended)
I played them both and definately MD3 took much more of my attention than MPE. They are similar, but I liked MD3 much more. Maybe I didn't play enough MPE, though.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Careful... I had to stop playing the game a few years ago. I would hear the sounds in my head walking around the house (such as you are hearing now) Then it was patterns in my sleep, and crazed late night sessions when I couldn't sleep and must try new patterns... my personal best is 62! Actually worked that one out in a dream, I kid you not... though trying to do it now I only get a 56... insane... that game is insane. Best Neo puzzle game ever! And no, I don't hold MPE in even the same league as MD3!

-Nick

Adam Gallant

King's Dry Cleaner
I haven't played MD3 but MPE ate a good $100 of my cash over 1999-2000. I love MPE so much.

-AG