Any Georgia gamers in the house?

SilverWolf

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Georgia's got to be the lamest state ever. I hate this place! I moved from California so I'm not a native Georgian(thank god). I'm gonna move back to California whenever I get the chance. Nobody even knows what an arcade is over here! There's virtually no gaming competition over here. It's so lifeless! Even when you go to the local arcade(if you can find one), people's perception of playing games is bashing on the joystick and buttons! WTF?! BAH! Why not just give em a stick and something to bash on? Hey look, you're playing a game!!! How do you have fun when you have no coordination, no knowledge, no awareness of what you're doing? It just bugs me. And in fact, they ruin it for people(very few) who do know how to play the game by messing up the buttons and controls....just because they get a kick out of bashing down on something. Usually the owner of the place doesn't even bother to fix the controls too. I'm sad. =(

<small>[ September 06, 2003, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: SilverWolf ]</small>

Robert

20 Year Member
I'm studying in Georgia tech now and I play in the recreation area. There are some games with good players, especially at DDR max 2, MvC2 and SvC2. But it's the only place I know in Atlanta where we can find arcades.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
I'm about 2 hours away from Atlanta. I'm in Huntsville, AL. And yes, the Southeastern US is definately the PITS! No awesome arcades (though the one at the mall does have Initial D!). Nope, not much to do at all. frown

Flashmaster_Jahoon

Crazed MVS Addict
Matt Semmel:
I'm about 2 hours away from Atlanta. I'm in Huntsville, AL. And yes, the Southeastern US is definately the PITS! No awesome arcades (though the one at the mall does have Initial D!). Nope, not much to do at all. :(
You said it!!! It's like that part of the country is the place that time left behind. I prefer it in California and now here in Minnesota. buttrock

Cynn

Edo Express Delivery Guy
It all depends where you look. This stupid oager type player exists all around the nation. Atlanta has it's fighters, but arcades have suffered more here than a lot of other places. Naturally, numbers are low. They are still around though. There's more Capcom than SNK pros though.