I experienced some Neo-Geo 2 player goodness last night.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
I am one of the younger Neo-Geo fans so it is hard for me to find people my own age that are serious about fighters, or even respect the Neo-Geo at all. I have one friend that actually has a little bit of skill at fighters and that likes the Neo-Geo as I do. He came over last night and we played Last Blade and Samurai Spirits II for hours. It was the most fun that I have ever had playing the Neo-Geo. Now I know why they say that vs. is the best way to play. Before last night I had never had any serious competitors, and when I finally did it was awsome. We were about even on the number of SS2 matches that we won until the end when I pulled a six game winning streak. After that he decided it was time to play some Last Blade. We played about thirty matches or so of Last Blade and had a blast, I won most of those and then sadly he got mad and started to make excuses that he was tired and so we stopped. After we stopped while he was doing somthing else I decided to pop in SS2 and I beat the game with Genjuro. I love the Neo-Geo, nothing beats it, nothing. 2D gaming forever!

buttrock

<small>[ September 06, 2003, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: mikace01 ]</small>

Huxley

Fu'un-Ken Master
I'm sorry, I can't read your posts with that pic in your sig. My eyes get distracted every few seconds.

I got the gist, though. Glad you experienced some good 2P fun. Myself, I'm short of decent opponents...all the more reason for a Manchester meet-up...

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
ish... I will skip the inuendo and suggestive jokes due to the post/title and just say... That's cool man, really, I wish I knew more people that were into the Neo here... I had one friend who was big into the Neo, well sort of, he played the new games when I got them, etc... but he is some 3,200 miles away now. Ah well....

-Nick

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I love playing the Neo Geo against someone else..

Mort of my friends give me no challege on the fighting games..I have to sometimes let them win..

But my friend Ron,he has skill..He kicks my ass every damn time we play..I enjoy it,It makes me play harder..
We really go at it for hours ..I pop in every damn fighter I have...
The last fighter we played was KOF 96 since I had just got it...Oh man,he kicked my ass on that game too..
I have no clue what he does to beat me..but,It's so much fun playing against a human opponent..

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Yep, best time I've ever had is when SNK4ever and RiotBlood came over and we played for about.... four hours? Man, the Neo's sweet, but when you play with people that love it just as much as you, it's even better!

Spike

mikace01:
, I won most of those and then sadly he got mad and started to make excuses that he was tired and so we stopped.
buttrock
Now you know that if you want people over to play with you, you have to let them win. I'm serious!

Who has a port of Last Blade 1 or SS2 Uh... not many people.

I let people win all the time who come over my place. I try to keep it 50/50.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I sometime did let people win but not all that much. It's not fun to play badly on purpose.
I'd rather kick ass fast and make the guy go than playing 50/50 and not having fun.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I'm way too competitive to just let people win. I feel that if I'm doing too well, I'll pick characters that I suck with. Pretty much the same thing as "letting them win". However, I can still win, but it makes games much more even.

Spike

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Electroman:
mikace01:
, I won most of those and then sadly he got mad and started to make excuses that he was tired and so we stopped.
buttrock
Now you know that if you want people over to play with you, you have to let them win. I'm serious!

Who has a port of Last Blade 1 or SS2 Uh... not many people.

I let people win all the time who come over my place. I try to keep it 50/50.
Well, first i tried what Spike Spiegel said. I picked Gen-An which I had never layed with before. Sadly for him, I discovered that Gen-An is a badass and has great, great range with his attacks so I did very well and went on a six match winning streak. Right after my winning streak I saw he was getting annoyed so I backed off on the blocking and let him get some hits in so he would beat me.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
mikace01:
I am one of the younger Neo-Geo fans so it is hard for me to find people my own age that are serious about fighters, or even respect the Neo-Geo at all. I have one friend that actually has a little bit of skill at fighters and that likes the Neo-Geo as I do. He came over last night and we played Last Blade and Samurai Spirits II for hours. It was the most fun that I have ever had playing the Neo-Geo. Now I know why they say that vs. is the best way to play. Before last night I had never had any serious competitors, and when I finally did it was awsome. We were about even on the number of SS2 matches that we won until the end when I pulled a six game winning streak. After that he decided it was time to play some Last Blade. We played about thirty matches or so of Last Blade and had a blast, I won most of those and then sadly he got mad and started to make excuses that he was tired and so we stopped. After we stopped while he was doing somthing else I decided to pop in SS2 and I beat the game with Genjuro. I love the Neo-Geo, nothing beats it, nothing. 2D gaming forever!

buttrock
get a room for your so called "action"

pervert

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
the roker:
mikace01:

buttrock

pervert
And who is the pervert here? Me who meant nothing gross by it, or you, assuming disgusting things? You be the judge. :D

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
the roker:
mikace01:

buttrock
get a room for your so called "2 player goodness"

Its more fun when your with someone else.

pervert

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
mikace01:
the roker:
mikace01:

buttrock

pervert
And who is the pervert here? Me who meant nothing gross by it, or you, assuming disgusting things? You be the judge. :D
:D

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
the roker:
mikace01:
the roker:
mikace01:

buttrock

pervert
What provoked you to post another senseless reply in this thread? One is enough.

Dumbass. loco

<small>[ September 07, 2003, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: mikace01 ]</small>

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
I actually had a similar experience this past friday.

School started back up and they were having the normal game night which I came back to attend. Guess what was there?

MAME on the big screen with a control panel setup. OH HELL YEAH!

Turns out some friends I haven't seen in forever were there and these are some VERY SKILLED fighting game players. Last time I played these guys I just got my ass whooped.

This time though I was kicking ass most of the time, not overly so because they were some of the best, most competitive matches I've played in a while. KOF98, SFA3, SF2T, and MOTW, it was just incredible. Luckily these guys are going to be around more often now so 2D fighting night is about to get a shitload more competitive. :D

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
mikace01:
the roker:
mikace01:
the roker:
mikace01:

buttrock

pervert
What provoked you to post another senseless reply in this thread? One is enough.

Dumbass. loco
extreme bore dumb loco