Finally played against Athena in SvC

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
I was determined to fight Athena or Arremer today so I set my board on level 1 (specifically so I could dominate). Got good ol' Ken and whooped ass through the game, only losing one round to Shin Akuma. Then once I beat him, it showed Ken standing above Akuma's body and a light opened up from the sky and next thing I knew Athena was telling me to get out of Heaven and I fought her. Then I got to see Ken's actual ending, besides the generic ones that pop up when you don't play as well as they think you should. My overall completion time was about 9 min. 43 sec. This is a post mainly for those who are wondering how to get to Athena or Arrmemer, it looks like you can't lose a match. I'm also wondering if time decides something too, like if you go above 10 min. but don't lose a round you may have to face Arremer. Of course finishing rounds with supers and exceeds could mean something too, I did a lot of that too. If anyone has any ideas please feel free to discuss them.

<small>[ September 05, 2003, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: OmegaSaber ]</small>

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I read that how many rounds you lose or continues you use doesn't matter.
Someone said he saw someone get to Athena after having lost several times.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
well, the few times I played against the CPU, once I managed to get all the way through the game without continues and only lost one round to Shin Mr. Karate. Completion time was around 8 minutes and 10 seconds, but I still got the bad ending and no extra fight.

Does the timer keep running in the Athena/Red Arremer match? If so, then one would get a faster time on the Ranking list by getting the bad ending instead of the good one... which would make no sense whatsoever.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I bet this is going to turn into one of those unsolved mysteries, similar to the 'How to fight the referee in Samurai Shodown II'.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
bokmeow:
I bet this is going to turn into one of those unsolved mysteries, similar to the 'How to fight the referee in Samurai Shodown II'.
I hope not, seeing how actually getting the good ending is reliant on reaching the bonus fight. I'm sure there has to be conditions, probably something like finishing with a certain number of Supers/Exceeds. That would be very bad if the extra fight was just left up to chance.

...but then again, the game is so random as it is already... :rolleyes:

<small>[ September 05, 2003, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: BBH ]</small>

kiun

Zero's Tailor
athena was surprisingly easier than shin akuma/shin mr karate...

fatal fury fan #2

Duck King's DJ
maybe if you use somebody from capcom side you fight Athena and you use someone I SNK side you fight Arremer.just like on CvS1

<small>[ September 05, 2003, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: fatal fury fan #2 ]</small>

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I remember when beat em ups were value for money, say for instance shodown 1 and 2 even if you win each fight easy it still takes between 25 to 35 minutes to beat the game unlike all these games now, where 10 to 15 minutes max is all it takes, games soon get boring when they finish that quickly.

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
Lee Gray:
I remember when beat em ups were value for money, say for instance shodown 1 and 2 even if you win each fight easy it still takes between 25 to 35 minutes to beat the game unlike all these games now, where 10 to 15 minutes max is all it takes, games soon get boring when they finish that quickly.
Actually it usually takes me about 20-30 mintues to beat SvC on level 4, I just put it on one to see how fast I could go and if I could get to a secret fight.

Anyway, I'm leaning towards the supers/exceeds theory. Because I think I finished at least one round of each fight with one. I'm gonna keep trying out different things and see if I can figure anything out. And yes, Athena was super easy to beat (of course it was on level 1), I almost got 2 perfects, only because I blocked her supers I lost life.

OH, and the timer was NOT on during the Athena fight.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Lee Gray:
I don't think that matters. When I'll have the game, I'll spend much more time in 2P mode than in 1P mode.

<small>[ September 06, 2003, 01:37 AM: Message edited by: Stifu ]</small>

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I am waiting for my board to arrive and when it does im sure i will have fun, unluckily i dont often get no one else to play against so its strictly vs computer, i have tried not to read any secrets in the game and other stuff so it will be all new to me when i get it, however once i beaten it a few times then i will want to know all the hidden extras there is :)

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
Lee Gray:
I am waiting for my board to arrive and when it does im sure i will have fun, unluckily i dont often get no one else to play against so its strictly vs computer, i have tried not to read any secrets in the game and other stuff so it will be all new to me when i get it, however once i beaten it a few times then i will want to know all the hidden extras there is :)
Same here, I'm usually playing alone. I think you'll be pleased with the computer because it really is a challenge to beat on the higher difficulty levels. I've found that the computer gives me more of a challenge than most of the human players I've faced.

<small>[ September 06, 2003, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: OmegaSaber ]</small>

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
Ok, got to her again tonight with Ryu, I lost a couple of matches against Shin MR. Karate and still got to her. My time was 15 mins and something. But one thing I made sure of was that I beat the opponant nearly every round with a super. There was MAYBE 3 or 4 times I didn't. Plus I did a few with exceeds too. So continues don't matter, and I'm thinking time doesn't either. My moneys definately on the supers theory now.

Oh yeah, plus when you log in your initials, a little Athena head gets put up by them to show you faced her.

<small>[ September 06, 2003, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: OmegaSaber ]</small>