Fighters with the best graphics

PolluxTroy

Famous & Dangerous.,
I'm interested as to which three fighters "neo ones only" everyone thinks have the best graphics. I'd say...

1. AOF3
2. KOF98
3. KOF99

<small>[ September 05, 2003, 02:28 AM: Message edited by: PolluxTroy ]</small>

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
1. The Last Blade (best as in, most beautifully drawn)

2. Garou: MOTW (awesome animation and great backgrounds bring this game to life)

3. KOF 99 (the rain stage . . . need I say more?)

daybona

Juz,
I might be alone on this, but I was blown away by the animation in Samurai Showdown 3. Also, the paralax in the backgrounds is amazing. Too me, this game is right up there with Garou and LB.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Last Blade and Sam Sho 3 are beautiful, prime examples of SNK at the top of its game.

AOF 3 has some of the best art and animation I have ever seen on the Neo. The animation on water fountain park stage is unbelievable.

KOF '95 has some stellar animation as well.

MOTW is way overrated in every aspect.

Mike

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
To add to the titles already mentioned, I have to respresent RBFF2. Definitely a clean looking game, nice BGs too.

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
my opinion

1 Samurai shodown 4
2 Last blade
3 SvC

[OCEAN]

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Last blade 1 and 2 plus samurai shodown 2 and also geeses level in art of fighting 2 is awesome with the big screen tv

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Is this Neo only? Cause you know 3rd Strike would own all :p

otherwise:

1:KOF99
2:Mark of the Wolves
3:Last Blade 2

<small>[ September 05, 2003, 06:51 AM: Message edited by: NeoDragoN ]</small>

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
AoF 3 has by far and away the best animation compared with ANY other Neo fighter... however, you're asking about graphics only so...

Last Blade 2
Samurai Spirits 4
KoF '97

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Whoa...tough one, but since you're not putting a limit on the number that can be listed.... wink

1.) MOTW
2.) Last Blade 1 & 2
3.) Real Bout 2
4.) Samurai Shodown 3
5.) Ninja Masters

They're all pretty damn good. :)

hardware_hack

New Challenger
Actually, I kinda like Waku Waku 7...

Prolly though because the only time I see it is when it's in motion, and THAT'S pretty.

But yeah, *ahem* SF3:TS... :D

Yay my 50th post!!!!

Underdog

Camel Slug
Tough call.

Real Bout Special, Real Bout 2, and Garou: MotW definitely rank up there. Past FF games looked good, but I really dig how they lightened everything up in Special.

Samurai Showdown 3 is a work of art. Last Blade too, which I think looks just a hair better than the second.

Art of Fighting 3 has to be in there. Huge sprites, stunning animation, and some gorgeous backgrounds (the fountain stage in particular, that waterfall blew me away when I saw it ).

I haven't played many fighters on the NEO yet but I'll place a vote on what I have played that I consider having beautiful gfx, and that would be:

Last Blade 1 (fav background is from The old guy, Okina his name?)

SNK put alot of animation and detail in their characters in that game. Definately one of their best achievements ever. When ppl come over to play NEO, its always Last Blade that gets the most play. People loved it immediately.

ThePunisher

SouthTown StreetSweeper
AOF 3

The BGs can not be touched.
Too many beautiful little details and they're all masterfully animated.

and

Last Blade

So atmospheric so beautiful.

Amix

Benimaru's Hairdresser
For the people that rank SSIV over SSIII: What's your justification?

2Heed

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
1)Fatal Fury 3: Yes, you read that right! Best BGs on the Neo hands-down; animation was fairly good, the characters were pretty rough, but the backgrounds are THE best the Neo has ever seen. From the aquarium to that strange "lift" stage of Hon Fu's to Yamazaki's train station to Blue Mary's cathedral (one of my all-time faves) to the stunning final stage (either Chon Shu or Chon Rei, take your pick).

2)SS3: Just a work of art. The characters here look better than in any other Neo game(say what you will about LB or Garou, but the characters just don't look as...stylized?/detailed as they do here). Even the BGs that don't have as much "going on" as in other games (like Ukyo's sparse lake ride) accomplish a "less is more" merit from the masterfully blended color scheme. And the ones that DO have a lot in the background are simply exquisite (Kyoshiro's is another stunner).

3)KoF'95: I think it animates well, the characters look a bit better than they do in later titles (don't ask me why, but King and Kim in particular both look and animate much smoother in this game than the later entries). And the backgrounds, again, are top-notch (the women's stage is my all time favorite BG).

4)LB/Garou/SS2/AoF3: SS2 just has a great pallette, tons of colors, oozes style. Some of the BGs should have been overhauled(Hanzo's in particular). Garou/LB have excellent animation and backgrounds (LB has better BGs than Garou IMO), but the characters and art just seem rather bland compared to the likes of SS3. AoF3 has incredible animation (perhaps the best of the bunch), but the BGs are uninspired (a gas station?) for the most part. Also, is it just me or are there only 4 different types of character models in this game? All 4 females (including Yuri and Wyler's gf) seem the exact same size, and the same goes for all the male characters except mutated Wyler and Wang.

Anyway, that's my take. :)

mungrin

Panko KING,
In my opinion AOF3 has the best graphics on the Neo.I have not seen a Neo game come close to this at all.(Graphicwise)Not only was everything animated and drawn well but the game zoomed in and out as well.No other Neo game can touch this baby.(Graphicwise)

On a side note,i think Kof 99 is overrated in the graphics department because alot of the backrounds just stand still and dont have that paralox scrolling thing or whatever.Just my opinion.

TriShield

Host for Orochi
1) Mark of the Wolves - easily the best all around graphics and presentation on the system, practically Street Fighter III quality.

2) The Last Blade Series - beautiful, without any to of the drabness and shortcuts that afflicted Samurai Shodown games.

3) Art of Fighting 3 - Second only to Mark of the Wolves, a visual tour de force.

RushedDown

n00b
motw does have the best graphics and animation on the neo
but you can not even put motw or any other neo fighter in the same class as SF3 3rd strike graphicaly or in the animation department

svc is really nicely animated also

<small>[ September 05, 2003, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: RushedDown ]</small>