What happened to...

Scalpeur

Genam's Azami Sharpener
ADK was bought by SNK...
so ADK is part of SNK but SNK is no more...

Robert

20 Year Member
Ton millième post, ça se fete! pour la peine tu aura une barre de Galak!

snkool

Camel Slug
Originally posted by Scalpeur:
<strong>ADK was bought by SNK...
so ADK is part of SNK but SNK is no more...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Is that true? I can't seem to find any information on it. The only trace left of them is
<a href="http://www.bekkoame.ne.jp/~adk/" target="_blank">http://www.bekkoame.ne.jp/~adk/</a> and being that I can't read Japanese I'm not even sure that's their official website (Doesn't look professional).

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Scalpeur:
<strong>ADK was bought by SNK...
so ADK is part of SNK but SNK is no more...</strong><hr></blockquote>

didn't know that. I thought it just stopped making games. like Technos ........... anyway , thanks for the info

(so we can still dream of a new world heros game)

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
If they'll bring back Power Instinct hoping for a new WH isn't out of the question.

Yagami

Parallax Abstraction

King's Dry Cleaner
Was ADK actually a seperate company altogether? I thought they were just another development team internal to SNK that died with the company. I would love to see ADK come back as they made some of my favourite games on the Neo. Another World Heroes would certainly be a great comeback...

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Originally posted by Parallax Abstraction:
<strong>Was ADK actually a seperate company altogether? I thought they were just another development team internal to SNK that died with the company. I would love to see ADK come back as they made some of my favourite games on the Neo. Another World Heroes would certainly be a great comeback...</strong><hr></blockquote>

They had a different office, and address at one point. The company name was 株式会社ADK, and 株式会社 (kabushiki gaisha) means that it was a corporation with it's own separate stock, so I guess they were different companies on paper anyway.

snkool

Camel Slug
If SNK bought ADK, Why is Playmore licensing and making a sequel to a fighting series that was never on the Neo? Don't get me wrong, a sequel to the Power Instinct/Groove on Fight series may be pretty cool, but wouldn't it make sense for them to make a sequel to a title or series that belonged to a company that was more close to SNK?