Buying SNK/Playmore games for your system of choice.

Hipstir

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I have a couple of questions regarding if a game is release on multiple systems. Maybe you guys and girls can help me out in my decisions.

1st Since SNK/Playmore is releasing games for all four systems PS2, DC, AES and MVS which would be your system of choice?

2nd Why would you chose that system?

3rd I just started collecting MVS games and I am relativly new to all of this. I was looking at purchasing KOF2K3 and Mark Of The Wolf 1 & 2. However, which system would give me the best graphics, sound, overall best conversion? Should I go with MVS since the game was initially created for that system?

Thanks,
Hipstir

[ January 10, 2003: Message edited by: Hipstir ]</p>

Hipstir

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I probably should not have named the Topic the way I did. Sorry about that since it does sound a little misleading.

[ January 10, 2003: Message edited by: Hipstir ]</p>

david

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Will I'll try to help you as much as possible.
First of all ps2 and dreamcast are just ports so there are things that are slightly changed like smaller characters, load time, etc...

The MVS and the AES/NGH are exactly the same, nothing is different beside one have marquees and stuff while the AES/NGH have the usual home system type item such as the manual, inserts, neo geo case,etc... Also the differences are in price. MVS starts out high but become lower as time goes on. The AES/NGH cost more but looks nicer. Either of these route is good to go.

Now MOTW is expensive for the AES/NGH cart but way affordable for the MVS. There hasn't been an announcment for KOF03 or a MOTW 2. So I can't really say anything there.

With sound, both Neo product give you the best sound no matter what. But if you want arrange music usually the Dreamcast,Playstation, or Neo CD games would have that. With best picture though that one has me stump...I play my Neo on a regular TV and it's just fine for me.

Last but not least, the conversion...will as I said above MVS and AES/NGH it's arcade perfect, because that is what you are getting, 100% exact what you play at the arcade.

Other guys on the board will help out...

Xenvu

Zero's Secretary
I'd Say MVS/AES because it's arcade perfect. I recently got Last blade 2 as a gift for my dreamcast and I don't like it near as much as my MVS version. I think the dreamcast version looks worse if that's possible lol, and there is no blood or fatalities. As for the sound quality they sound about the same but that dreamcast controller is a killer for fighting games. Neo Geo is the best for Neo Geo games hands down. :)

Hipstir

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Thanks guys! I just wasn't sure if the conversion of the AES/MVS games would benefit from newer systems. But it doesn't sound like it does. Well your replies definiatly helped me out so my choice.... So am going with AES/MVS.

thanks!
hipstir