Metal Slug X: confiscated homebrew?

the binary c0de

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
20 Year Member
I was just curious if anyone knows if SNK ever took a homebrew game and put it out officially? I kind of wonder if thats what MS X was. I mean makes sense doesnt it? Does any one know if they ever did it and what game(s)?

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
the binary c0de:
I was just curious if anyone knows if SNK ever took a homebrew game and put it out officially? I kind of wonder if thats what MS X was. I mean makes sense doesnt it? Does any one know if they ever did it and what game(s)?
What made you think MSX was? It seems more like MS2 was a beta, while MSX is what "should have been"

the binary c0de

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
20 Year Member
the roker:
the binary c0de:
What made you think MSX was? It seems more like MS2 was a beta, while MSX is what "should have been"
Cause X was a "cut and paste" of 1 & 2. But reguardless, it makes me think they may have done it on some game in the past. If not the neo maybe some other console...

Well Devil Dice on the PSX was a Yaroze project (home development model PS1)...it happens from time to time.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
the binary c0de:
the roker:
the binary c0de:
Cause X was a "cut and paste" of 1 & 2. But reguardless, it makes me think they may have done it on some game in the past. If not the neo maybe some other console...
Well... actually MSX is more lika a MS3 beta...

It uses the same engine, have LOTS of enemies and levels from MS3 (accesible via Debug Bios), the helicopter, snails, piranhas, ALL the missions from MS1...

And that's just using a moded system with the debug bios. Messing with tiles via emulator you can find not so accesible things like MS1 first boss, the elephant, the ostrich, the president p.o.w, man-eating plants, etc...

So definetly it was NOT a homebrew game

A while ago i posted various pics showing those things taken by my cousin but I don't know if the pics are still online

MVS Matt

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I've read about the MS3 stuff in MSX. Could someone tell me how to access it please? Is it possible to do with a MVS system with the Uni BIOS?

Setsuna1982

World Her,
MVS Matt:
I've read about the MS3 stuff in MSX. Could someone tell me how to access it please? Is it possible to do with a MVS system with the Uni BIOS?
mm, i haven't tried with the uni-bios.

With debug bios you just have to play in AES mode and press Pause (select) twice while playing. A menu will pop-up. There're many debug options as invulnerability, collision boxes, unlimited ammo, kill everything pressing D...

The second option i believe is the level select. You will have plenty of missions... press right or left while highligting a mission to select a scene (IE: One of the scenes of mission 1 of MSX is the first scene of mission 4 from MS3)

The TEST LEVEL option shows weird levels like MS1 final boss in MSX first mission or snails and piranhas in mission 4.