Just got Blazing Star if you're thinking about getting it you should read this

rimm_rs

Banned
My 200th post! ;-)

After a few months of looking I managed to get my grubby little paws on a copy of Blazing Star (hence forth refered to as BS) and had a few thoughts to share with they that are looking at this title.

-If you have every other shooter on the platform it is worth buying, but you have to really, really dig shooters. Otherwise the money would be better spent on other Neo games or taking a girl out and getting laid (not saying a good dinner is all it takes, but it helps).

-If you want the best shooter on the platform, get Last Resort or View Point. Both have visiuals tha pack a comparable punch (though all 3 have very different graphics all are the best of their type IMHO), have better music and sound effects (not sayin BS is bad) and offer more replay and initial challange. Both VP and LR are a lot cheaper, too.

-If you get BS set a number of continues you plan to use and stick to it. Like Cyber Lip or Magician Lord you can continue over and over until you win. And to further make it easy, when you start again you begin right were you got killed.

All in all a great game if you keep the above in mind.

Bar81 was right, what more can I say?

<small>[ August 31, 2003, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: rimm_rs ]</small>

Freelancer

Banned
I remember buying this for MVS and I wasn't as impressed as I had hoped I would have been.

The game is fun for the first 4 or 5 play throughs, but don't get sucked into the hype...it's really not a very deep or fun shooter. Yes, you'll find yourself playing through it several times once you figure out the bonus system, but you'll soon tire of it.

Get this only on MVS...it's not worth the hundreds of dollars it sells for on the AES side.

Huxley

Fu'un-Ken Master
If you have every other shooter on the platform it is worth buying, but you have to really, really dig shooters
I disagree with the above 100%. Buy this game first.

Freakit

Host for Orochi
I guess everyone has their own tastes, personally, Blazing Star is my 2nd fav Neo Geo airplane/spaceship shooter.. 1st being Strikers 1945 Plus.

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
I prefer Pulstar, and (yes) even Last Resort, but Blazing Star is still quite excellent.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I hate Blazing Star.

Oh well, someone got a very good deal on my mvs cart.

rimm_rs

Banned
@Bishamon

Yeah I had Pulstar and didn't like it's slow play. Plus I think it's bosses were cooler (or more inspired) that of Blazing Star's.

rimm_rs

Banned
@Baseley09:

"bit naff"

I'm not sure what you mean.... sorry. '-)

<small>[ August 31, 2003, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: rimm_rs ]</small>

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
Hey rimm_rs I just had to say this I currently own the MVS version and the first time I played it I thought it was cool but something was bothering me. The back grounds of the game were hurting my eyes. Like I couldnt focus on my ship because of the background and I kept dying so often. Sorry I had to say this thats just the way I feel. I would prefer Pulstar and Last Resort any day but I just cant get used to Blazing Star. Now maybe I have to play it more then once. I will give the game another shot but right not its not my fav game but I still like shooters. I thought Blazing Star was gonna be better then Pulstar but then I changed my opinion on the game. I will still play it just not as much now!

rimm_rs

Banned
@Mr Clown

To each his own. The BGs are a bit brighter than PS or LR.

I disagree with you on Pulstar but agree on LR as to which is better than BS