Which would you buy a New MS4 or a Mint MS3, both US?

neogeofl

Lurker, ,
I have played the JPN version of Metal Slug 3 and liked and never got to play Metal Slug 4 and could get an US Mint MS3 for about $200.00 or a New US MS4 from the Neo Store (since no one is selling a used one) for $249.00. Which would you get? I have MS1 and MS2 on Neo CD already. Or should I get SNK VS CAPCOM CHAOS, even though I am not a huge fighter fan???

Thanks!

whitey

NEST Puppet
I'd say go with MS3......I like it more than MS4 as do most people. You have a while to save up for SVC.

BakuretsuMutekiSid

Zero's Tailor
Definetely go with MS3. For $200 that's a steal. The game has way better atmosphere too than MS4. It's also favored most among the metal slugs by 60% of Neo Geo MS players.

BTW, is it 1st run or 2nd?

Freelancer

Banned
I'd say MS3 as well.

Although, I also highly recommend SVC Chaos, but you admit that you're not a fighting game fanatic. The choice is yours.

neogeofl

Lurker, ,
Thanks for the input. Not sure what release MS3 is? Did they have more then one release for US? I know they did for the JPN one, but not the US? Also, I am more of a Side-Scrolling/Action/Beat-'Em Up person. I love Sengoku games.

the binary c0de

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
20 Year Member
I've never played either, but I've read enough "which metal slug should I get?" threads to teach a course at a university. OF COURSE GO WITH METAL SLUG 3!!! And yes, I am shouting.

neogeofl

Lurker, ,
the binary c0de:
I've never played either, but I've read enough "which metal slug should I get?" threads to teach a course at a university. OF COURSE GO WITH METAL SLUG 3!!! And yes, I am shouting.
:) I know a lot of members here say MS3 is better, but a part of me wants to try MS4. But, I am probably going to get MS3 and wait for MS5. I just needed that reassurance!

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Metal Slug 3 is just godly and worth every penny. Its finally catching a break on my home cart sys after and 2.5 weeks being in there solid. Now on a Samurai Spirits kick, looking so forward to SS0 wink

G

galfordo

Yeah MS3 is the shit dude. I'm sure MS4 is a nice game and all - but MS3 just sets a really high standard. The music, the multiple paths, and just the overall feel leave little to complain about.

Go after MS4 if you're trying to complete your collection of slugs, otherwise I'd go with 1 (hold on to your cock when negotiating for this one!), 2 or X (expensive games but nearly worth the 700 dollar price tags for the gameplay alone), or 3 (worth at least double what you're able to get it for for gameplay alone).

Jedite

Bunker Buster
I may feel like an outcast, but, I like MS4 more than MS3. I jus' like the some of the changes like in MS4. I like the dual UZIs, the music sounds great as well, but, if you have the money, get both! They are worth the money.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Jedite:
I may feel like an outcast, but, I like MS4 more than MS3. I jus' like the some of the changes like in MS4. I like the dual UZIs, the music sounds great as well, but, if you have the money, get both! They are worth the money.
No problem with loving MS4, I don't know why people hate on you MS4 lovers so much though.

All the Metal Slugs are EXCELLENT games, but MS3 is the crown jewel :)

mungrin

Panko KING,
Ok i hope this helps.I own all the Slugs.I played MS4 in the arcades and I must say at first i was like its ok,but then it kinda grew on me so its worth owning However,MS3 is "CLASSIC".It might just be the best game for the Neo.If i was you and could get both i would but if i could only own one it would definetly be MS3.
MS3 was one of the few Neo games that right after I beat i still just kept playin the hell out of it.Replay value

neogeofl

Lurker, ,
Okay the US MS3 sold on me before I could get it, but I can get a JPN MS3 now. Will a JPN MS3 play in English on a US Neo System? I think so, but want to make sure. Do not remember if the system translates any cart to the systems language or the cart does?!? I always have had modded systems, except this one I got now is not. Thanks!

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
I would get both US version of Metal Slug 3 and 4. I just got US MS3 like 2 weeks ago from the Neo store and will be getting US MS4 eventally. I prefer the Slugs more then the fighting games. Yeah get both Id say! If your not a huge fighting fan then go for the Slugs! :D

MS3 Is a must own. Its a shame only 500 English versions were produced.

But if you like MS enough, and you need more slug after you get 3, try MS4. I played 4 a few weeks ago, and had a blast with it.

Paraphrasing another member on these boards, you can pry MS3 from my dead, lifeless hands!

<small>[ August 31, 2003, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: Electroman ]</small>

ThePunisher

SouthTown StreetSweeper
BakuretsuMutekiSid:
It's also favored most among the metal slugs by 60% of Neo Geo MS players.
Did you just make that up? :p

Anyway Id say go with ms3 on price alone.
200's a great deal.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
If you're on a budget, you could get MS4 and then get the MS3 port for the PS2 at some point. The gameplay in the port is either perfect or almost perfect. I couldn't tell a difference...

neogeofl

Lurker, ,
Well, I am on a budget and will most likely get a new US MS4 from the Neo Store, since no one is selling any here. It shocks me how so many people have MS4 and do not like it, but are not selling it. Sell me your MS4 glee

neogeofl:
Well, I am on a budget and will most likely get a new US MS4 from the Neo Store, since no one is selling any here. It shocks me how so many people have MS4 and do not like it, but are not selling it. Sell me your MS4 glee
I hear ya buddy. I'm looking for a used, but not abused MS4 myself.

I too find it wierd that many don't like/respect MS4 much yet they hold on to it. Prob because nowadays it is now the cheapest Metal Slug you can buy now that MS3 is -hot stuff-.

neogeofl

Lurker, ,
I am grabbing a MS4. I am starting to change my liking on fighters. Played Soul Calibur II this weekend on my Xbox Demo and love it. So, I may still snatch me up a SVC Chaos!

<small>[ September 02, 2003, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: neogeofl ]</small>