international money orders in the uk

how do you go about getting this in the uk someone said go to the post office but they do not do them and the bank wanted an arm and a leg
anyone help help help

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Unfortunately the bank is your best bet but as you say the price is too much, i use to get international money orders all the time and send them off to the states but they charge a minimum £7.00 to transfer it for you, so i started to send cash registered as still cheaper untill i got paypal now i only use that.

Robert Wallace

Sieger's Squire
rudekid:
how do you go about getting this in the uk someone said go to the post office but they do not do them and the bank wanted an arm and a leg
anyone help help help
How much do the Bank's charge you for an International Money Order....just curious.

I recently sold some stuff to someone in the UK and I was paid with an International Money Order, is it difficult to get Money Orders in the UK?

I was told that its difficult or impossible to buy International Money Orders in Germany.....anyone know if this is true?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Lee Gray:
Unfortunately the bank is your best bet but as you say the price is too much, i use to get international money orders all the time and send them off to the states but they charge a minimum £7.00 to transfer it for you, so i started to send cash registered as still cheaper untill i got paypal now i only use that.
Mmmmhhh!! Sending CASH eh!! Will think on that matey!!!

i have been quoted a price of £22.00 for a imo from my bank to send to japan eek! eek!

Typhoon Thompson

NEST Puppet
Wow £22!!
Can you not do a bank to bank transfer, these carry a set fee of £8 (I think) or they do with my bank (LLoyds TSB). :)

You may have to pay another small fee at the other end when the payee collects the money. :)