Is there a TSS expert in the house?

Baby Bonnie Hood

King's Dry Cleaner
It's no secret that I'm a big Twinkle Star Sprites fan; but I don't think of myself as that big a fan, mostly because I've only played the Neo-Geo version of TSS. I have never played nor even seen the Saturn and DC versions.

That's why I'm looking for someone who's more fanatical about TSS than I am, someone who's maybe played the Saturn version to death. Half of the reason is because I wanna know everything about the Saturn version because I've heard that it's the best version of TSS; and the other half of the reason is because maybe I can improve my fan shmup with some of those Saturn-only things.

So, can anyone help me here? Or am I asking in the wrong place...?

Pro_Gear

Another,
20 Year Member
Basically the only reason the DC rev may be superior is because of the option to play with no slowdown (or with if you like)

The Sat version has many extra graphical touches and an exclusive extra character. In addition there is a bonus disc full of fan art.

If you are a hardcore TSS fan you must own both wink

Baby Bonnie Hood

King's Dry Cleaner
TSS without slowdown? Heresy, I say! :p

Besides, I think TSS's slowdown is part of the game. I remember running Metal Slug 2 and TSS through NeoRageX long ago; MS2, normally supposing to have tons of slowdown, had no slowdown but TSS still did. Plus, TSS's slowdown doesn't look natural; but enough about that...

So, does anyone here have TSS's Saturn version? There are some things from that particular version of the game that I'd like to have.....

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
DC version you have the option of playing either way. Nothing beats that if you ask me.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
the saturn version is for gay fanbois who want the bonus art shit. The extra character doesn't make the game any better.

The DC version is the best. If you're a fanboy, get the saturn version too. But for playing, stick to the DC one. If you're a collector with loads fo cash to burn, get the Neo homecart as well.

Baby Bonnie Hood

King's Dry Cleaner
So I guess this means that no one has the Saturn version and thus can't help me. That's okay; this whole thing was kind of an extreme longshot anyways... :(

buttasuperb:
MVS is best.
Your sig's bigger than your post! What are you, an adbot? :p

Pro_Gear

Another,
20 Year Member
I used to own it- You can select the regular arcade mode or the saturn remixed mode. The sat mode has spoken dialogue before matches and new character art. Not much else is different. If I had it in front of me I could go into further detail. It's worth getting IMHO. At some point I will probably get another copy for myself, but I have the mvs kit to play in the meantime.

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
I have the Saturn version. What do you want to know exactly? It's the same as the Neo-Geo version but it has much better music and that extra character. It also has a disc of art with it.

The only reason you'd want the DC version instead is for the no slowdown thing, but I don't mind slowdown. It doesn't make it worse, just different. People seem to be very simple-minded about things like this and since slowdown is usually considered bad, they automatically call the DC one better. What exactly does it subtract from the game, though? I don't find it anything less than amazingly fun on the Saturn and Neo-Geo. It slows down when the entire screen fills up with stuff. I like that it gives you a chance to survive when normally you wouldn't even be able to process what was going on. Without slowdown, you'd just die. Now, I can see no slowdown being good because then the player who sent a giant attack would be rewarded more for it. However, since both players are in the same boat, it's not much of a factor except for personal preference. This is a vesus game, afterall.

The reason I chose the Saturn version is because I see no advantage either way to the slowdown, so I just wanted the extra character. She's very fun, too. Her extra attack is hilarious.

Baby Bonnie Hood

King's Dry Cleaner
dmhawkmoon:
I have the Saturn version. What do you want to know exactly?
Actually, scratch that; I've recently read an FAQ that compared TSS's Sat and DC versions, and it nicely explained what each version had. So now I know that the Sat version rocks too much :D

But there is one thing that I wanna know, though. Is it possible to get sounds from a Saturn game onto a computer? I'd kinda like to have some extra voices, specifically Macky's and Pentell's...

...so I just wanted the extra character. She's very fun, too. Her extra attack is hilarious.
How does her extra attack go? I wanna know so that I won't easily lose to her because of unfamiliarity if I ever get to fight her...

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Everyone forgets about the NGCD version eh?