Cosmico?

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
I hear they sell a lot of boots, can anyone here confirm this? Is it only likely to be aboot on a newer game? I was thinking of picking up Gan Gan and Puzzled from them, and possibly Kof 2000. Any advice? I don't want to own boots.

Oh, and they gave me a price of 37 USD for mark of the wolves, that sounds a bit low to me, so I'm worried that these are all boots.

[ January 06, 2003: Message edited by: Lashujin ]</p>

BigNick

Kula's Candy
Any game on the stock list with a * net to it is a boot. you should also remind them at the time of ordering that you dont want boots of any kind. The prices are so low because they know that their business comes from outside of that contry and shipping will quickly double that cart price. You have to order 7-10 games to make it worth you trouble-> payment can only be a Money order or wire transfer and thats hella expensive.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Have had no problems with Cosmicco, specify exactly what you want, no boot, English label.(if thats what your after)
They sometimes throw in some extras foc even if you are expecting a bare cart..
Sure the freight costs from HK but if you could consolidate an order with someone in your area it makes it worth while, they definately have the best pricing and the service is excellent.
Queenie Rocks.
BTW as BigNick mentioned be carefull with method of payment make sure the bank you use to TT has no problem with direct transfer to their account, think they call it affiliation, otherwise you get hit for crazy surcharges :(
I sent $150 once and only just over $100 got to them, you can use Western Union which isnt too bad.

[ January 07, 2003: Message edited by: ttooddddyy ]</p>

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
I've ordered off them before and used Western Union... everything went smoothly and they are very friendly to deal with - they also get everything sorted out extremely quickly in my experience.

If you ask them if a game is a bootleg beforehand they will tell you - they did with me when I asked once.

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Cool, thanks for the help, I think I'm gonna order about 7 carts from them.

THEMAN

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
I actually bought KOF 2k1 and Metal Slug 3 from them at their store when I was in Hong Kong. They did not have a lot of stock in their office; just a few cartridges BUT they told me that they provide the games at various arcade game operators around Hong Kong. And when you order something from them, their office gets the order and they take the game from one of the arcade game dealers that they provide games for. They seemed legit to me. They even tested the cartridges in front of me when I bought it from them to make sure they work. It even included the marquee.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I ordered 4 carts from them. Garou looked legit although it had 4 EEPROMS on it. Kof 98 was the Korean version, that is somehow incomplete although legit. Kof 99 and RB2 were OK.

I do agree their e-mail and service is very friendly. However I was quite pissed about KoF 98 being Korean.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Originally posted by Amano Jacu:
<strong>I ordered 4 carts from them. Garou looked legit although it had 4 EEPROMS on it. Kof 98 was the Korean version, that is somehow incomplete although legit. Kof 99 and RB2 were OK.

I do agree their e-mail and service is very friendly. However I was quite pissed about KoF 98 being Korean.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Amano, did you specify exactly what you wanted, some of thier clients may ask for Korean carts .
With Cosmicco you must spell it out, they supply to arcades who couldnt give a shite about the cart, even a boot. Thats why the prices are so good, they dont really cater for neofans like us.

If you had stated Kof98, no boot, US/English you would have got what you were after.

[ January 09, 2003: Message edited by: ttooddddyy ]</p>

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Originally posted by THEMAN, the annhialator of worlds:
<strong>I actually bought KOF 2k1 and Metal Slug 3 from them at their store when I was in Hong Kong. They did not have a lot of stock in their office; just a few cartridges BUT they told me that they provide the games at various arcade game operators around Hong Kong. And when you order something from them, their office gets the order and they take the game from one of the arcade game dealers that they provide games for. They seemed legit to me. They even tested the cartridges in front of me when I bought it from them to make sure they work. It even included the marquee.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Did you meet Queenie ??

[ January 09, 2003: Message edited by: ttooddddyy ]</p>