Got any good sprite rips

n00b
Just wanted to know where I could get some good sprite rips without downloading MUGEN and all that. Cuz if we ever start a fakeshots thread I'd like to do some stuff after being inspired by Protogem's stuff.

------------------
THE SMOKERS CREED

Smokers live and smokers die.
But in the end we all get high.

So if in life you don't succeed,

Fuck it all and smoke some weed!

Fat Cat Lim

Geese's Thug
One way is to find animated gifs of the sprite that you want to make. But you'll need a special gif animator program to view each sprite in the gif. You have to save the animated gif, then open it using a gif animator. That way, you get to single out the sprite actions.

Problem with this method is that you need to get the gif animator like Paint Shop Pro Animation Shop. Also, most animated gifs of KOF characters are of their special moves, DM/SDM, or taunts. So if you want to add a sprite of, let's say Terry's jumping D, it's highly doubtful that anyone has made an animated gif of it.

EDIT :: Do you have NeoRageX?

Fat Cat Lim

------------------
Mysterious. Debonair. Criminally Insane.

[This message has been edited by Fat Cat Lim (edited April 21, 2001).]

n00b
Thanks for the info man. I got an animated GIF editor but I have no idea what Neorage X is. Got a website or somethin?
By the way, is it alright to cuss on these boards? I'll change my sig if needed

------------------
THE SMOKERS CREED

Fat Cat Lim

Geese's Thug
I don't really think cussing is too much of a problem here in these forums, since the average maturity of the posters around here are about 15~25+.

I have a website, but a crappy one.
icon25.gif
Haven't updated it in over a year already.
biggrin.gif

NeoRageX is a NeoGeo Emulator that allows you to play NeoGeo Roms and as well rip sprites from them. Only problem is that you will need to have to download the game roms to obtain the sprite from them (e.g, KOF98 rom files to rip the sprite from there). And usually these rom files can range from small (less than 5MB), to incredibly large (40MB). In the case of the latest KOF games, they are more 30MB+ large.

As for animated KOF gifs, just search around the net. Lots of them, if you know where to search.

Fat Cat Lim

------------------

JIrish

New Challenger
Question: I have the most recent NeoRageX (just grabbed it from Retrogames), but Shots Factory never even highlights. Do I need another program with it, or am I just missing a step?

Fat Cat Lim

Geese's Thug
You need to have the game running first. For example, if you want to rip Yuri from KOF99, run the game first, position the Yuri sprite, then go back to the NeoRageX main menu by pressing Tab (this also pauses the game). Then Shots Factory can be used.

Fat Cat Lim

------------------

JIrish

New Challenger
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Fat Cat Lim:
You need to have the game running first. For example, if you want to rip Yuri from KOF99, run the game first, then go back to the NeoRageX main menu by pressing Tab (this also pauses the game). Then Shots Factory can be used.

Fat Cat Lim

So THAT'S it! Thank you!

n00b
Thanks for the info Fat Cat. While I don't have any space on my hardrive for an emulator and roms, I'll search around and try to find some animated gifs. That way I can edit them and make some screenshots. Oh and whats the link to your site? Could help me out a bunch.

P.S.- Since cussing is okay, I'll now demonstrate the many uses of the word "Fuck". Well not really but I love that wav file.

------------------
THE SMOKERS CREED

Fat Cat Lim

Geese's Thug
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 21:
Oh and whats the link to your site? Could help me out a bunch.

I have nothing there on sprite ripping. Trust me. It's a waste of time going there.
tongue.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">P.S.- Since cussing is okay, I'll now demonstrate the many uses of the word "Fuck". Well not really but I love that wav file.

*slaps himself on the head* >_<;;

At least not on these forums, 'kay? Keep it to the SNK War Room...or post it as a link, with a warning attached to it. For more reference, check out EvilMattMuNN's previous thread:

http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000017.html

Fat Cat Lim

------------------

Black_Hayato

Cheng's Errand Boy
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 21:
Thanks for the info Fat Cat. While I don't have any space on my hardrive for an emulator and roms, I'll search around and try to find some animated gifs. That way I can edit them and make some screenshots. Oh and whats the link to your site? Could help me out a bunch.

P.S.- Since cussing is okay, I'll now demonstrate the many uses of the word "Fuck". Well not really but I love that wav file.

Do you have a zip drive? I keep all my games on zip, and the neo emu on the hardrive. It takes good memory to run it right.

n00b
Craps my gif animator doesn't rip sprites. I guess I'll just download the emulator. Could you give me the link for your emulator JIrish or anybody. I'll try to rip sprites that way Fat Cat if possible. Thanks for the zip offer Black Hayato but I don't have one. I'll just go and delete some old crap from my harddrive

------------------
THE SMOKERS CREED

n00b
WOOHOO! Okay I got all the stuff I need to make fakeshots. Just one last question before you can close this thread fatcat. On the screen shots factory, after I get the sprite singled out do I have to change the background color to that pink color or do I leave it black? I forgot which way it was for the sprite rips

Brandon St Randy

I was Daigo before that other one, ,
change it to pink in the shots factory. that way, the black parts of the sprites wont come out transparent.

Fat Cat Lim

Geese's Thug
Hmm...I think I'll repost my old sprite ripping tutorial in this Creative forum soon...

Fat Cat Lim

------------------