My thoughts on Eagle on Cvs.S 2....

Sticks

Super Spy Agent
To my knowledge of Eagle, he was a British SAS agent who fought with a pair of Cyclone sticks (aka escrima, arnis, etc. sticks). Originally, people said that Eagle fought with a pair of crowbars, then nightsticks, then tonfas, then billy clubs. It's official that Eagle fights with weapons, what he calls, "Cyclone Sticks."

I am guessing his fighting style will be a cross between Rolento and Mr. Big, both who are also stick fighters. Rolento, however, fights more like his club is a staff rather than a baton.

I am kind of upset, that it is rare that you see fighters with escrima sticks are not Filipino, considering that is where stick fighting came from and that is my nationality. Usually, the sticks fighter is white or black. It would be interesting if Capcom or SNK would create characters of other Asian/Pacific Islander background rather than always use Chinese, Japanese, and Korean characters. The only other Asians that were put in games were Mogolians and Indians (Hindu). I have experience with stick fighting and the attacks flow better going in one movement, it would be cool to put flowing combonations of a stick fighter. With characters like Eagle, Mr. Big, and Rolento, they use their stick fighting more of a hard edge, basically swing your stick like an idiot.

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Originally posted by Sticks:
<STRONG>To my knowledge of Eagle, he was a British SAS agent who fought with a pair of Cyclone sticks (aka escrima, arnis, etc. sticks). Originally, people said that Eagle fought with a pair of crowbars, then nightsticks, then tonfas, then billy clubs. It's official that Eagle fights with weapons, what he calls, "Cyclone Sticks."

I am guessing his fighting style will be a cross between Rolento and Mr. Big, both who are also stick fighters. Rolento, however, fights more like his club is a staff rather than a baton.

I am kind of upset, that it is rare that you see fighters with escrima sticks are not Filipino, considering that is where stick fighting came from and that is my nationality. Usually, the sticks fighter is white or black. It would be interesting if Capcom or SNK would create characters of other Asian/Pacific Islander background rather than always use Chinese, Japanese, and Korean characters. The only other Asians that were put in games were Mogolians and Indians (Hindu). I have experience with stick fighting and the attacks flow better going in one movement, it would be cool to put flowing combonations of a stick fighter. With characters like Eagle, Mr. Big, and Rolento, they use their stick fighting more of a hard edge, basically swing your stick like an idiot.</STRONG>

Eagle was an interesting character in SF1. One of his special attacks was basically doing a spin with his sticks extended. I don't recall if he had a lot of actual kicks, but I do remember most of his attacks did require use of his sticks.

I hope they don't make him fight like Mr. Big. That would be quite lame having another character with a pseudo "psycho crusher" like move. Making him more like Rolento would be interesting, just as long as he remained very technical.

Hmmm... just thinking about Eagle in this game... shouldn't Billy Kane or Hon Fu be his SNK counterpart?

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Where the hell is Billy Kane anyway? He should have been in CVS1. Fighting Balrog then Bison was cool, but Fighting Geese twice seemed odd in comparison.... it should have been Billy then Geese....

Apathy Wind

Cheng's Errand Boy
Originally posted by Rain:
<STRONG>Where the hell is Billy Kane anyway? He should have been in CVS1. Fighting Balrog then Bison was cool, but Fighting Geese twice seemed odd in comparison.... it should have been Billy then Geese....</STRONG>

I think the double round against Geese was Capcom's tribute to SNK's tendency to have players fight the end boss twice in a row (ala Rugal 94 and Zankuro SS3).

As far as Eagle's SNK counterpart, I'm thinking it's Todo. The connection being that they both are largely forgotten characters from the companies early fighters.

M

Miaka

<STRONG>Where the hell is Billy Kane anyway? He should have been in CVS1. Fighting Balrog then Bison was cool, but Fighting Geese twice seemed odd in comparison.... it should have been Billy then Geese....</STRONG>

if you look at the first picture below, you'll see Billy with his sister Lily watching the fight. so that means Billy is not in either CvS 1 nor 2. that sucks. what really sucks more is that Leona is also not included in CvS2 as well.

BlurryBillyKaneAndRoseInBackground.jpg

FokkerAndLeonaInBackground.jpg

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
Originally posted by Miaka:
<STRONG>if you look at the first picture below, you'll see Billy with his sister Lily watching the fight. so that means Billy is not in either CvS 1 nor 2. that sucks. what really sucks more is that Leona is also not included in CvS2 as well.

</STRONG>

That isn't necessarily true. There are at least 8 more characters yet to be revealed. A character's appearance in a background doesn't exclude them from being playable. In fact, it might be a clue to their playability.

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by RiotoftheBlood:
<STRONG>That isn't necessarily true. There are at least 8 more characters yet to be revealed. A character's appearance in a background doesn't exclude them from being playable. In fact, it might be a clue to their playability.</STRONG>

Thats true actually.... In MSH vs SF, Charlie is in one of the backgrounds, and appears as a secret character. When he fights on that stage, he just disappears from the background.... and what about FFS? Loads of fighters appear in the backgrounds and still appear in the game.

Originally posted by Miaka:
<STRONG>if you look at the first picture below, you'll see Billy with his sister Lily watching the fight. so that means Billy is not in either CvS 1 nor 2. that sucks. what really sucks more is that Leona is also not included in CvS2 as well.

</STRONG>

Hey, in that pic, isn;t Billy talking to Robert Garcia's asistant from AOF3? The name escapes me (he fights in an orange business suit w/ white pants).

Ragnarok

Quiz Detective
Originally posted by Burning Ranger:
<STRONG>
Hey, in that pic, isn;t Billy talking to Robert Garcia's asistant from AOF3? The name escapes me (he fights in an orange business suit w/ white pants).</STRONG>

Karman Cole.

I really have great hopes in Eagle. I myself have used sticks, kalis and tonfas so i guess i have an professional interest in that character. Let's hope him to be a technical character, but please i don't want a Rolento/Mr. Big hybrid.

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Burning Ranger:
<STRONG>
Hey, in that pic, isn;t Billy talking to Robert Garcia's asistant from AOF3? The name escapes me (he fights in an orange business suit w/ white pants).</STRONG>

KARMEN COLE!!!!!!! Cool, I thought it was Lawrence Blood for some strange reason (Lay off the booze Rain). Anyway, in the bottom picture, is that Ran Hibiki of Project Justice? And who's that standing next to Rose in the top picture?

Mycah Leonhart

Cheng's Errand Boy
Originally posted by Sticks:
<STRONG>I am kind of upset, that it is rare that you see fighters with escrima sticks are not Filipino, considering that is where stick fighting came from and that is my nationality. Usually, the sticks fighter is white or black. It would be interesting if Capcom or SNK would create characters of other Asian/Pacific Islander background rather than always use Chinese, Japanese, and Korean characters. The only other Asians that were put in games were Mogolians and Indians (Hindu). I have experience with stick fighting and the attacks flow better going in one movement, it would be cool to put flowing combonations of a stick fighter. With characters like Eagle, Mr. Big, and Rolento, they use their stick fighting more of a hard edge, basically swing your stick like an idiot.

</STRONG>

As for the race Issue Guy from Final Fight and Street Fighter Alpha/Zero is Camboadian...Seriously!

<STRONG>KARMEN COLE!!!!!!! Cool, I thought it was Lawrence Blood for some strange reason (Lay off the booze Rain). Anyway, in the bottom picture, is that Ran Hibiki of Project Justice? And who's that standing next to Rose in the top picture?</STRONG>

Ran.... you might be right... but it is too blurry to make her out. Also, I am not sure who is with Rose... to blurry also. I think MMCafe put up a list of cameos in CvS2.