Why put out CvS Pro?

Apathy Wind

Cheng's Errand Boy
I'm quite glad to see that Dan and Joe are going to be included in CvS2. But knowing that, it makes me wonder why Capcom is going ahead with the domestic release of CvS Pro. As far as I know, the only real difference between CvS and Pro are Joe and Dan. Since those characters will be included in CvS2, I can't imagine that many people would buy Pro. I know Pro will be out before CvS2 but I see most people saving their money for the more improved sequel. I'm a huge Capcom and SNK fan but I for one won't be getting Pro now that I know I can play as Dan/Joe in the sequel. I just don't have the money to waste on two new characters I'll be using later on anyway. What's your take on this guys? Anyone still planning to get Pro?

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I'll still pick up Pro if only to have all versions of the game. Even though I'm a gamer first and foremost, I'm also a collector. And anyway, I may want to play those characters on the old backgrounds or with the old music. I know it seems pointless to look at it in those terms, but there it is.

fomaman

King's Dry Cleaner
yeah, i hear ya Taiso, i was thinking the same thing when i heard the announcements for
both games, but i must say (now that CVS2 is
confirmed for the DC) i'll pass on PRO. between CVS2 and GAROU, i still have tons of
new blood for my DC.

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
I'm with Taiso on this. I'll be getting Pro just to see what Capcom change balance wise, and to see how Joe and Dan handle..... I'm also a bit of a collector so i'll grab it for that reason too.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I'm also kind of hoping for a version of the first game with a reasonable version of the Shin Shoryuken:P. I freakin' HATE how that move does so much damage. I hope that it will be a balanced maneuver this time out so I can play against Ryu players in the old environments without the accompanying insanity of panicking whenever they build up to level 3 on the C-Groove or have max power and flashing life meter on the S-Groove.

CVS2 may (hopefully) correct this problem, but I'd like to still see how they tweak the gameplay in CVS1 with Pro (speaking of which, I just reserved my copy with NCS), if at all.

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
Originally posted by Apathy Wind:
<STRONG>I'm quite glad to see that Dan and Joe are going to be included in CvS2. But knowing that, it makes me wonder why Capcom is going ahead with the domestic release of CvS Pro. As far as I know, the only real difference between CvS and Pro are Joe and Dan. Since those characters will be included in CvS2, I can't imagine that many people would buy Pro. I know Pro will be out before CvS2 but I see most people saving their money for the more improved sequel. I'm a huge Capcom and SNK fan but I for one won't be getting Pro now that I know I can play as Dan/Joe in the sequel. I just don't have the money to waste on two new characters I'll be using later on anyway. What's your take on this guys? Anyone still planning to get Pro?</STRONG>

I have read that Pro will have minor gameplay adjustments, and that the characters will be more balanced, although I haven't seen any of the specific adjustments mentioned. I have also read that all of the original secrets will be unlocked from the start. Personally, I would rather have Capcom concentrating more on the sequel and drop Pro completely.

S

ShinIoriYagami

I Heard that they might not bring pro out since 2 will be out soon...

dont be live me check shoryuken. X_x;

Jackal

SouthTown StreetSweeper
Capcom needs to nix Pro entirely. It's far too late for a "Champion Edition" of the first game when the real sequel is coming right up.

If Pro is still on track for it's release, I'm doing a long deep Hail Mary pass on it.