Why ?

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
IMO, Fighters don't need one.

KOF'98 was one of th greatest IMO, with no story.

I dislike stories in fighters. IMO, game companies should take the effort & time they wasted in story mode,
& put that into game balance & finding bugsin the game engine.

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
Originally posted by Dark Lord Dragon:
<STRONG>Why Capcom vs SNK doesn't have a story ?</STRONG>

It does have a story. Well, barely, but does it really matter? I think it's better to not have to worry about timelines, who should be alive/dead etc. for crossovers.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
If you don't think fighters should have stories, just play through Soul Blade on PSX. And tell me that the Story Mode isn't cool as hell.

Peace

JHendrix

ThePunisher

SouthTown StreetSweeper
yeah i would love for every character to have its own ending. Stories really arent neccasary in fighting games though. what I think is if theres a story in a good fighting game its a bonus and if there's a story in a bad fighting game its a nuessence (hope that's how you spell it) that they spent more time on then the game.

Dark Lord Dragon

Fighting Artist
Originally posted by ThePunisher:
<STRONG>yeah i would love for every character to have its own ending. Stories really arent neccasary in fighting games though. what I think is if theres a story in a good fighting game its a bonus and if there's a story in a bad fighting game its a nuessence (hope that's how you spell it) that they spent more time on then the game.</STRONG>

Yup!!!

SNK4EVER

R.I.P., Dear Friend,
Storylines really do add a lot to fighting games, although they might not add any real replaybility they are fun while they last.

Dark Lord Dragon

Fighting Artist
Originally posted by SNK4EVER:
<STRONG>Storylines really do add a lot to fighting games, although they might not add any real replaybility they are fun while they last.</STRONG>
Yeah