just wondering...

Bufa

Crossed Swords Squire
excluding minor alterations, how many different games has the 'Alpha' Ryu set of sprites been in?

Street Fighter Zero
Street Fighter Zero 2
Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha
Street Fighter Zero 3
X-Men vs Street Fighter
Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter
Marvel vs Capcom
Marvel vs Capcom 2 (not entirely sure...)
Capcom vs SNK (not entirely sure...)
Capcom vs SNK 2 (not entirely sure...)

that's ten so far. any other games i've missed? are there some on that list that aren't supposed to be there?

i was wondering the same thing about Morrigan, too.

hebretto

Hardened Shock Trooper
CvS and CvS2 sprites are different from the Alpha ones,MvC2 uses SFA/Z 3 sprites instead of SFA/Z 2 ones

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by hebretto:
<STRONG>CvS and CvS2 sprites are different from the Alpha ones,MvC2 uses SFA/Z 3 sprites instead of SFA/Z 2 ones</STRONG>

Streetfighter Zero 3 Upper......

Batsu_Power

Armored Scrum Object
I believe that they changed Ryu's sprite in the first MvC.. since his more animated and his headband is colored in red, rather than white in the Alpha versions. He also had a new voice in MvC which was different than that of Alpha Ryu.

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Batsu_Power:
<STRONG>I believe that they changed Ryu's sprite in the first MvC.. since his more animated and his headband is colored in red, rather than white in the Alpha versions. He also had a new voice in MvC which was different than that of Alpha Ryu.</STRONG>

Yes, he looks more like "classic" Ryu from SF2..... He also has darker hair and slightly different colored clothes as well.....

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
Originally posted by Bufa:
<STRONG>excluding minor alterations, how many different games has the 'Alpha' Ryu set of sprites been in?

Street Fighter Zero
Street Fighter Zero 2
Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha
Street Fighter Zero 3
X-Men vs Street Fighter
Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter
Marvel vs Capcom
Marvel vs Capcom 2 (not entirely sure...)
Capcom vs SNK (not entirely sure...)
Capcom vs SNK 2 (not entirely sure...)

that's ten so far. any other games i've missed? are there some on that list that aren't supposed to be there?

i was wondering the same thing about Morrigan, too.</STRONG>

I think you've mentioned them all. However, Ryu's sprite in the CvS games is not the alpha sprite. It's a new one. Also, I wouldn't count these, but in Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo and Pocket Fighter/Super Gem Fighter Minimix, Ryu's sprite is deformed but still resembles the alpha style.

Ahh, Morrigan... my favorite character. Unfortunately, her sprite has been the same since the original Vampire Game in '94! If anyone deserves a new sprite, it's her. Here are the games that her sprite appears in (using the Japanese names):

Vampire
Vampire Hunter
Vampire Savior

Vampire Hunter EX
Vampire Savior EX (if you count them as seperate games...)

Marvel vs. Capcom
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (love the new win pose!)
Capcom vs. SNK

And in Capcom vs. SNK 2, I don't know because I have yet to see her sprite. I can only hope.

[ May 27, 2001: Message edited by: RiotoftheBlood ]