Guile, Charlie or Remy?

O

Omega

Just wondering who you think is the cooler of the three?

My vote goes to Guile, he was the strongest and coolest character in SF2 The World Warriors, and really didn't hit the ground until Super SF2 The New Challengers. Charlie was never a cool character in my opinion, he looked like a dork. And he had nothing on Guile... Remy is closer, having the cool long hair and heroin-thin body, but I just can't imagine him kicking as much ass as Guile could. What do you think?

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
They all remind me of homosexuals I have seen on TV. Does anybody else think so. I mean you could draw alot from the whole relationship from Guile and Charlie.

Think about it and humour me:

Guile goes to Vietnam and meets Charlie Nash there. They fall in love, Guile sends a Dear Jane letter to his wife (who, lets just say, had an affair with another guy and gave birth to a girl, but she asked for his forgivenes but Guile already had Nash...) and is happy in the shit, fighting the "gooks", as they called them (I dont subscribe to such racist labeling but I am setting a mood that was very real to me as I am a Nam 75 vet)and falling in love.

Then, one night at a get together at Vega's house, Nash catches Vega with Guile and Nash and Vega get into a fight. Nash gets killed. Guile is pissed and goes on doing his thing (whatever he did) untill 1991. Fights Vega beats Vega, gets revenge, wife finally tracks him down with this bastard daughter who for some reason called him dad.

Guile gets back together with his wife. When his wife finds out about Nash after playing Street Fighter Alpha at an arcade, she leaves him. Guile, now lonely, picks up Nash's blood stained Glasses and merges his DNA with Charlie's at the local lab. The end result is Remy, who frequents the same night clubs that Ryu, Ken, Alex, Chun Li....go around looking for fights.

Anx that is the history of the Sonic Boom (but you have to say sonic boom the same way it is said in Super Street Fighter 2)

I'm going to get flamed for this,
rade

Edited my retarded post so it made sense and I didnt contradict myself...hehehe

[ May 08, 2001: Message edited by: Rade Kuruc ]

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
Originally posted by Apple Kid:
<STRONG>Just wondering who you think is the cooler of the three?

My vote goes to Guile, he was the strongest and coolest character in SF2 The World Warriors, and really didn't hit the ground until Super SF2 The New Challengers. Charlie was never a cool character in my opinion, he looked like a dork. And he had nothing on Guile... Remy is closer, having the cool long hair and heroin-thin body, but I just can't imagine him kicking as much ass as Guile could. What do you think?</STRONG>

"He looked like a dork."? Why, because he wears glasses? So what? Charlie/Nash is one of the best characters ever.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Guile, definitely.

Guile's the man in SFII as far as I'm concerned.

Guile but only by deduction.

Remy- I don't like this guy, especially the victory taunt where he zips down his shirt and says "Follow the traul... to happiness.

Charlie- I just don't dig the puffy pants man.

Apathy Wind

Cheng's Errand Boy
Style wise I'd go for Remy. I prefer the japanese punk look to the whole military thing. Plus his 'heroin thinness' is kinda cool - you don't see that sort of thing too often in fighters (in male characters at least). After that, I'd go Guile then Charlie. I like Charlies design (the glasses don't bother me), but the other two are better.

Gameplay wise I prefer Charlie. I like his double hit flash kick and he's the only one of the three that doesn't have that annoying double pass low roundhouse. Plus his supers are the best of the three. Guile comes in a close second playwise. As far as Remy goes, other than his Blue Nocture super art I'm not big on how he plays. His sonic boom's seem way less effective then Guiles or Charlies (slower maybe?).

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Remy is a pretty damn leathal character when used with a pro... he has a great defensive game, and his projectiles can keep opponents away for quite a while. Guile is a solid character... a real purists player, but his overall lack of moves can make him a little too familiar to play as (Especially in SFA3) Although he's on my favourite team in MVC2. Charlie is a great fighter and I prefer him to the others overall.... however, it is really close. Also, anyone notice you can get Charlie and Remy Figures but no Guile? Strange that. Oh and Rade Kuruc, I'll ignore the Vega/Gay remark........

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Rain:

Both Guile and Guy (the two characters I like the most in the SF universe) will be a part of the next series of figures. I've bought 'em all so far (player one colors only), and even have the limited edition Evil Ryu figure (regular Ryu with repaint) and I think they're fantastic. Sagat, Akuma and Alex are my three favorites so far.

O

Omega

I think Charlie looks like a dork because of his GQ outfit, the orange collared shirt, the puffy pants, the Elvis style haircut... it all just makes me wretch...

Guile on the other hand is a military madman. With the styling combat boots and camoflauge shirt & pants, and the badass U.S.A. flag tattoo, he just kicks serious ass.

Remy has been growing on me lately... been playing my new copy of SF3 Third Strike quite a bit and I really like the way he plays. He is the blocking master. And his low Sonic Boom manuever kicks much ass. Of course he's also got the long hair and heroin thin look that most other male fighters don't have... but that is also the reason I place Guile above him... because it is just hard to imagine a dude as skinny as Remy kicking ass.

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Taiso:
<STRONG>Rain:

Both Guile and Guy (the two characters I like the most in the SF universe) will be a part of the next series of figures. I've bought 'em all so far (player one colors only), and even have the limited edition Evil Ryu figure (regular Ryu with repaint) and I think they're fantastic. Sagat, Akuma and Alex are my three favorites so far.</STRONG>

And Dan? Please tell me if there's gonna be a Dan!

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Rain:

You know, I can't honestly remember if a Dan figure is in the works, but for some reason I have this nagging suspicion he's also part of the next lineup. Could be wrong though, so make of that what you will...

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Guile still stands as the original and best. I would love to see him get some more moves though :P

Rade K

20 Year Member
Originally posted by Rain:
<STRONG>Remy is a pretty damn leathal character when used with a pro... he has a great defensive game, and his projectiles can keep opponents away for quite a while. Guile is a solid character... a real purists player, but his overall lack of moves can make him a little too familiar to play as (Especially in SFA3) Although he's on my favourite team in MVC2. Charlie is a great fighter and I prefer him to the others overall.... however, it is really close. Also, anyone notice you can get Charlie and Remy Figures but no Guile? Strange that. Oh and Rade Kuruc, I'll ignore the Vega/Gay remark........</STRONG>

(((***I will refer to all Street Fighter chars. with their Jap names. Just trying to make this next post make sense***)))

If you were a real fan, you would call him Balrog. And I was using the Japanese names for the most part in my story.

So, you owe me an appology. And if even if Balrog was gay, is there a problem with that? I think it is time that you accepted your alter-ego's sexuality.

O

Omega

"If you were a real fan, you would call him Balrog. And I was using the Japanese names for the most part in my story.
So, you owe me an appology. And if even if Balrog was gay, is there a problem with that? I think it is time that you accepted your alter-ego's sexuality."

I don't go by the Japanese names... I go by the USA names. But thats just me. And also... Vega/Balrog is not gay. He just thinks he is damn good looking and that is his god given right. Period.

Rade K

20 Year Member
Originally posted by Apple Kid:
<STRONG>"If you were a real fan, you would call him Balrog. And I was using the Japanese names for the most part in my story.
So, you owe me an appology. And if even if Balrog was gay, is there a problem with that? I think it is time that you accepted your alter-ego's sexuality."

I don't go by the Japanese names... I go by the USA names. But thats just me. And also... Vega/Balrog is not gay. He just thinks he is damn good looking and that is his god given right. Period.</STRONG>

Denial; one of the early signs.

hebretto

Hardened Shock Trooper
Guile,he's just too good(especially in MvC2,air HK throw OTG then launch and air HK throw again against newbies)

Tom

The Frog of Genjuro,
I like Charlie best. His deaths scenes since Zero(Alpha) have been pretty cool. I have one question, so when does this guy finally die. He survived 1&2, but does he die in 3 or is there a 4th zero that is yet to come out where he will finally die?

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Ryo Sakazaki:
I like Charlie best. His deaths scenes since Zero(Alpha) have been pretty cool. I have one question, so when does this guy finally die. He survived 1&2, but does he die in 3 or is there a 4th zero that is yet to come out where he will finally die?

Charlie (Or Nash if you prefer.) didn't die in Zero3. I'm not crazy about any of these guys (Guile wannabes are getting as bad as those damn shotos.); though I've been playing Remy as much as I do because I don't give a crap about Q, or Twelve. Btw, where do you guys get those Sf figures at? Toys R Us use to sale them but they don't carry them in my neck of the woods anymore; just when I was about to grab some since I'm done with GW and Rockman X figure/model collecting.

---------------------------------------------

"Don't be scared! I'll only cut off one of your heads! Guess!"

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Rade Kuruc:
<STRONG>Denial; one of the early signs.</STRONG>

LOL! I call him Vega because when I first started playing SF I had no idea he was called Balrog. I'm trying to get used to calling him Balrog, but here I useally call him Vega to stop any confusion... About him being gay... I kinda doubt it, but I really don't care. Anyway, I heard in the original script for the animated movie, Vega was attempting to Rape Chun Li, so I really don't think he's gay..... Oh, and Rade Kuruc sorry man. Now apologise for saying i'm not a real fan.....heehee...

[ May 09, 2001: Message edited by: Rain ]

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
YeldellGW:

I picked up the first series at Toys R Us, but the second lineup was from Babbage's. I'd check there, if you have one in your area. Most video game stores seem to carry related merchandise now.