What dont you want to see in capcom vs SNK 2??

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
For me it has got to be that ugly point system, (Personally the first was so-so at best)
The first game showed true laziness on capcoms part, 1) they ripped there alpha 3 characters. (M BISON HAD A NEW APPEARANCE)
2) SNK characters looked sick.
3) Pixelation, sadly the naomi hardware gives this appearence since pixels prevail over sprites.

I just hope that SNK gets to be showed for what it truelly is, the best.

O

Orochi Tigresa

I want to see some endings. CvS 1 had no excuse not to have them because SFA3 had more characters than CvS did.

------------------
Bitch- the definition is a girl who gives the head honcho a "blowjob" to get her stripes over yours when you do the work and she do shit. KTIG radio

fomaman

King's Dry Cleaner
hey Krauser, how did the SNK characters look
sick in the first game? i thought a few (like
iori) looked better than ever. go ahead- let
the bashing ensue...

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
Yah...I thought almost all of the SNK characters (except for Ryo....they changed his kof stance and he doesn't look natural now) looked absolutely great. I am a bit disappointed with the ripped alpha3 sprites...some fit in fine, but others look totally out of place. Looks like a bad MUGEN job to me...

But Back on topic, I made a huge list of suggestions (I even had a story made up) and sent them to capcom when I first heard CvS2 announced, but my main concern I guess would be to get rid of the ratio system and add either 3 on 3 kof style teams or 2 on 2 Vs. style teams (without the obscene combos, or course)

Matt

K

Kaiser_Krauser

Krausers right, Besides Iori and peohaps rugal, all of the SNK characters suffered by appearance (Kyo looked awlful, Benimaru looked anorexic). They all suffered move wise...

Theres much I could critisise about but there are 4 things I would like in the new one,

Rock Howard, Shingo, More moves/costumes and most of all, BRING IN KRAUSER!!!

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Well, CvS2 has Athena & Yun it it, so regardless if the rest of the additions are bad I'm still somewhat content on the character front. However, there are 4 things that I would loathe to see in the game's fighting engine.

1. PARRYING. People actually think CvS would be better with it. Personally, I think it would kill the game... unless they added in Garou's "Just Defended" along with it.

2. TAGGING. MvC2 fanactics just want to put tagging in EVERY game they play these days. If anything, place a tag mode in the game, but don't make the game entirely on tagging, PLEASE!!!

3. NO ADDITIONAL MOVES FOR CAPCOM. Seriously... it's getting VERY boring being able to second guess Ryu, Guile, Akuma, etc... some new special moves would kinda help push the game along... don't you think?

4. STATIC RATIOS. I hope in CvS 2, you're able to assign ratio points to your characters as you select them. This will make the game more diverse and much more challenging to play. Besides... the idea of a Ratio 4 Dan Hibiki STILL makes me laugh my ass off!
biggrin.gif

Batsu_Power

Armored Scrum Object
You're so true, VinylBoy, A Ratio 4 Dan would make me laugh my ass off
biggrin.gif
! Anyway, you can do that in the Ratio Edit mode when CvS Pro comes out and there's no need for GP for getting it!!

------------------
Sonomama Shine....
Beware of the wrath of Burning Batsu!.... and Dan's Super Taunts!!!

HIDDEN WARRIOR

Ninja Combat Warrior
What I dont I wanna see in CVS 2?I dont want to see the shittyy poor usual quality capcom puts into their games especially cause thus game is also about SNK charecters and they deserve better.

To SNK:YOU HAD BETTER PUT IN KRAUSER OR I WILL RIP YOUR HEAD OFF AND FEED ON YOUR BLOOD THAT WILL POUR FROM YOUR NECK!!!

------------------
LETS BURN IT UP!

K

Kaiser_Krauser

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by HIDDEN WARRIOR:
To SNK:YOU HAD BETTER PUT IN KRAUSER OR I WILL RIP YOUR HEAD OFF AND FEED ON YOUR BLOOD THAT WILL POUR FROM YOUR NECK!!!

Here Here!!!

VinylBoy

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Batsu_Power:
You're so true, VinylBoy, A Ratio 4 Dan would make me laugh my ass off
biggrin.gif
! Anyway, you can do that in the Ratio Edit mode when CvS Pro comes out and there's no need for GP for getting it!!

True, but that's only in Vs mode.
I would like to see that in regular play.

Basically, select a character, then set your ratio for them. If there are points left over, you continue to select more characters.

In other words... make the selection process of the Vs mode the ACTUAL playing mode of the game... minus the pre-determined selection of 1-4 characters before you actually select them.

kim6413

Banned
i like the idea of setting your own ratio points and they need to make some freaking endings i was very dissapointed by the lack of endings
mad.gif

O

Orochi Tigresa

Anyone play the Pro version yet?
There should be endings there since the winners of the tournament are in it and for them to win it when they are not chosen would be outta place.

------------------
Bitch- the definition is a girl who gives the head honcho a "blowjob" to get her stripes over yours when you do the work and she do shit. KTIG radio

VinylBoy

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Orochi Tigresa:
Anyone play the Pro version yet?
There should be endings there since the winners of the tournament are in it and for them to win it when they are not chosen would be outta place.

Haven't heard about it being available in the arcades in the US, but there could be a copy in Chinatown Fair in NYC (I'm not certain on this). I'm already pre-ordered through NCS for the DC version coming out in June.. import, of course.

I would love to see the system tweaks and use Joe & Dan. I'd probably start using Joe more often than Yuri, but the new system tweaks will obviously help me make my final decision.

Black_Hayato

Cheng's Errand Boy
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lord Wolfgang Krauser:
For me it has got to be that ugly point system, (Personally the first was so-so at best)
The first game showed true laziness on capcoms part, 1) they ripped there alpha 3 characters. (M BISON HAD A NEW APPEARANCE)
3) Pixelation, sadly the naomi hardware gives this appearence since pixels prevail over sprites.

1. Yeah they were ripped, that is lazy, and w/ ea. new game the old sprites are used in. They get worst.
2. Whats wrong with you, the SNK characters never looked better.
3.Pixalation was a minimal, and only really appeared on the Alpha 3 sprites. I thought almost all the remade characters looked great, Yuri, Benimari, Mai, etc. Ryo looked like a dirt ball, though. His stance is unatural, but better than his arms wide open stance.

The groove point system, I think should be based on 3rd strikes score system, which is harder, and doing one move wont give you a billion points.(Benimaru)

Endings, if not per character, then team endings.

New moves for the cap cast, and dare to add more SF3 characters, like Yang, Alex, and Dudley, and others like Karin, Full Sakura, and R. Mika.

HIDDEN WARRIOR

Ninja Combat Warrior
Are you kidding black hayato?"they never looked better"?Thats strange that you said that.A game magazine said that same bullshit.

------------------
LETS BURN IT UP!

Tekyo

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Wolfgang Krauser. Suposedly the strongest fighter. And the Lord Kaiser

K

Kaiser_Krauser

Are you kidding black hayato?"they never looked better"?Thats strange that you said that.A game magazine said that same bullshit.

True!!! The characters did look shit!!!
(I could do a top 10 of crapness first!!!)

BJMFH

Morden's Lackey
You are all a pack of ungrateful swine! We should all be thanking our respective deities of choice that such a game came into existence. Three years ago the very thought of combining the two fighting universe's was unthinkable! I am so glad that such a merger is now feasible.
In all honestly I don't give two fucks about all the trash from Art of Fighting, King of Fighters, or Fatal Fury. They all suck compared to Capcom's lineup. The only SNK fighting series worth anything is Samurai Showdown. This game gives me the hope that one day Ryu will face Earthquake and throw his fat unthrowable ass out of the screen. I really didn't mind the ratio system, it seemed very fair to me. All the characters that sucked were all worth one point. The good fighters were worth two and the bosses three. The only things, in my not so humble opinion, that need to change is the addition of the Samurai Showdown fighters to the already impressive lineup and possibly give some fighters weapons.
Overall I really can't understand why so many people bash this great fighting masterpiece.

koolking

Super Spy Agent
More endings, color combinations and extra secrer characters thats what I would want.
---------------
Nasakenai

Black_Hayato

Cheng's Errand Boy
So you think they look like shit?

I've always like the anime stylings of that genre of Capcoms sprites. Vivid and bright. Like darkstalkers, and the alpha ones. Are you all so hard up on the originals sprites, that you wouldn't consider a different look. What if SNK redrew the Vampire characters in there style. I dont think I'd like the results.

VinylBoy

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BJMFH:
You are all a pack of ungrateful swine! We should all be thanking our respective deities of choice that such a game came into existence. Three years ago the very thought of combining the two fighting universe's was unthinkable! I am so glad that such a merger is now feasible.
In all honestly I don't give two fucks about all the trash from Art of Fighting, King of Fighters, or Fatal Fury. They all suck compared to Capcom's lineup. The only SNK fighting series worth anything is Samurai Showdown. This game gives me the hope that one day Ryu will face Earthquake and throw his fat unthrowable ass out of the screen. I really didn't mind the ratio system, it seemed very fair to me. All the characters that sucked were all worth one point. The good fighters were worth two and the bosses three. The only things, in my not so humble opinion, that need to change is the addition of the Samurai Showdown fighters to the already impressive lineup and possibly give some fighters weapons.
Overall I really can't understand why so many people bash this great fighting masterpiece.

Well, this obviously doesn't explain why most of the SNK roster (with the exception of Raiden and Orochi Iori) have all managed to place very high in regular tournament and tier rankings... more often than any regular Capcom characters I may add. EX Vice, Yuri and King have been found being used HEAVILY in regular and tournament play, usually with one or two people in the top 5 using one, two or all three. Not bad for a bunch of sucky Ratio 1s, eh?
biggrin.gif

But I can understand why people may have been disappointed... it's a great game (that I heavily play along with KOF2K), but so much stuff could have been added to this game to put it above and beyond. I mean, people have been waiting for a game like this for over 7 years, and with all the new techniques and characters that were released in that time frame, they could have done better with the arcade version of the game.

The NGPC version comes out being a better SNK vs. Capcom title, if you actually considered the two different game systems. You're allowed to select from three different fighting engines, as well as selecting a standard 1 on 1, a Capcom Vs. style 2 on 2, or a standard KOF 3 on 3 style. Most people (including myself) thought that something like this should have been in the arcade version, and not the Ratio system. Plus, Capcom made some peculiar character selections... up to this day, Vice just doesn't seem as she belongs in CvS. Maybe in CvS2, but a character like Blue Mary should have been in her place.

ANYHOO... we shall see with CvSPro and CvS2 coming soon. I personally can't wait to use Athena in CvS2 so that I can prove to all shotos across the world just how superior some SNK characters are!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by VinylBoy (edited April 21, 2001).]

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lord Wolfgang Krauser:

I'd like to see:

* New sprites for all Capcom chars., not only Ryu/Ken/Akuma/Bison. Sadly, from the video, this doesn't seem to be the case...

* I'd have to agree about the Ratio system, although if nothing else it was a novel idea. It would be cool to be given say six points, and all chracters but bosses could be worth 2, the bosses would be worth 3, and the psychos (Evil Iori and Evil Ryu) could be worth 4. Then, if you wanted to play as bosses, you could be only two, with no other choice.

* Capcom chars.: More Darkstalkers (Jon Talbain, Donovan, Demitri, for example), Karin, Juli, Juni, at least one Final Fight character (Guy?)

* SNK chars.: Leona, Mature, Andy, Billy Kane

* A NETWORKING MODE: How awesome would it be to be able to play VS. matches over the Internet?

* A longer and more structured Arcade (1P) game, with more character interaction (as seen in SNK vs. Capcom), and endings for each character (at least *something*).

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BJMFH:

Let me say first that I don't agree with BJMFH's SNK chracter bashing.

But seriously, I think some of you need to calm down and stop nitpicking for reasons to bash Capcom. Obviously, CvS was far from perfect or finished... but CvS Pro and eventually CvS2 will fix problems and add more to the game. And while, yes, it is kind of shitty to pay twice for the same game, CvS Pro will be cheaper and the combined cost of the two games is still *way* less than what you pay for a typical Neo KoF home cart.

And about the characters looking "shitty"... this is obviously a hardware issue. I see plenty of you bitch and wine about how the SNK characters look bad, although I'm willing to bet that most people think they look better than the Capcom characters, at least those that use the Alpha sprites (plus Morrigan), which is almost, well... all of them.

Capcom obviously does care about fairly representing SNK, or they wouldn't have agreed to make this game in the first place, let alone three of them (okay, two and a half...). Capcom vs. SNK was quite a bold step. With so much to consider, it was bound to go imperfectly the first time. So stop putting so much effort into looking for reasons to bash the game, and enjoy it... that's what gaming's all about.

--Riot--

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
What I dont I wanna see in CVS 2?I dont want to see the shittyy poor usual quality capcom puts into their games especially cause thus game is also about SNK charecters and they deserve better.

Exactly my point, capcom beleives that there is no need for work in there games, most are a throw together. Look at MVSC 2 pure drivel.
All they did was through a bunch of rehashed characters together. (few were new) Then take a look at, Garou mark of the wolves a solid masterpiece of 2-D quality the genre has lost its heritage with games like street fighter who have enough clones to equal the negative number of infinity, Its kind of sad that there is so many bad games that capcom releases and I hope that I dont make an appearance in the second "sprite rip" because I am far above a pathetic attempt to satisy the slow minded.
I am also in an agreement that it is like MUGEN, Heck mugen is better, at least you can now make endings CVSS had none!
As long as supporters such as ourselves keep the company known (SNK) then they will live forever at the very least in out hearts.

[This message has been edited by Lord Wolfgang Krauser (edited April 21, 2001).]

Apathy Wind

Cheng's Errand Boy
You know what I don't want to see in CvS2? The system of buying extras that plagued CvS. I mean you play through the game and you earn 300-400 points. Too bad everything cost THOUSANDS OF DAMN POINTS. By the time I finished buying everything I didn't want to even look at the game. The color edit mode was a fantastic idea. Too bad I never used it because I felt if I was going to be spending time with the game I had to be earning points. Christ, it was like having a second job! Come home from work, put in a couple hours of CvS.... I know have the Neo Pocket version can greatly increase your points and that's fine. Sure, reward the people that have the Neo Pocker version but don't PUNISH those that don't. Earning points to buy new things is fine, but at least let the player work at minimun wage.