[Hypothetical] Could the Saturn & 4 meg ram support SNK vs. Capcom?

steveold

Guerilla Warrior
The Saturn today is still hot in Japan. Do you think Capcom of Japan could work out a playable conversion of SNK vs. Capcom onto the Saturn with their 4 meg ram cart?

Or, is SNK vs. Capcom too advance of a game for the Saturn to handle?
Keep in mind... the 4 meg ram does wonders.

------------------
"Hanzou, this time you better finish it off!"
-Fuuma

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
HMMM.....Not possible they would have to cut many thing's

Brandon St Randy

I was Daigo before that other one, ,
well it worked wonders for CPS2 conversions. CvS was on the Naomi board though. more power is definately required. LIke Pro said, corners would have to be cut, BIG TIME.

steveold

Guerilla Warrior
Damn.... still I wish Capcom of Japan would give us one last treat.... Final Fight Revenge was not the right way to go out...

Heck I'd take a corners cut SNK vs. Capcom or Capcom vs. Marvel or even the original SF III.
I'm sure it'd sell good in Japan and be a hot item for US Saturn players to import.

------------------
"Hanzou, this time you better finish it off!"
-Fuuma

koolking

Super Spy Agent
Anta Baka if you put CvS on the saturn you would get something like what happened to kof99 on the psx all skippy and a piece of junk.
-----------------
Nasakenai

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Steve:
The Saturn today is still hot in Japan. Do you think Capcom of Japan could work out a playable conversion of SNK vs. Capcom onto the Saturn with their 4 meg ram cart?

Or, is SNK vs. Capcom too advance of a game for the Saturn to handle?
Keep in mind... the 4 meg ram does wonders.

I assume you mean Capcom Vs. SNK. I'm almost certain that it could be done, but the Saturn doesn't support same high resolution that the backgrounds in CvS use. So the backgrounds would be lower-res.

dragynchylde

Cheng's Errand Boy
Not only that but I think some of the special fx are in 3-d with transparencies. Not the saturns strongest areas(panzer saga not withstanding).

M

Mr.KARATE

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Daigo:
well it worked wonders for CPS2 conversions. CvS was on the Naomi board though. more power is definately required. LIke Pro said, corners would have to be cut, BIG TIME.

Yeah...cut out all the capcom characters!!!
heheheheheh!!!

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
If the backgrounds lost most of their special effects and the characters went back to their "normal" look projectiles... i can't see a problem... would be totally cool too!

I agree with Rain.

For CvS to work on the Saturn with 4M support, the following would have be done...

1) All 3D intro stuff would have to be removed... as well as all 3D in game stuff woudl need to be removed... (super BGs, projectiles)...

2) The backgrounds resolution would have to be reduced drastically...

Look on the bright side: if this were to happen, then the sprites would look a lot better on the Saturn.

------------------
Ed aka Burning Ranger #23
Master of the Hornet, God of Powersliding (and KOF Junkie)
"Rolling... STOP!"