What system will CvS2 come for?

zapr

New Challenger
I know that CvS Pro was just confirmed, and a release date for the Jap version set for June 14th.

I however am thinking ahead.

Does anyone know what CvS 2 is being developed on? I am really hoping that it comes DC, but it seems like a huge 2d fighter that could really push any of the newer platforms. Or at least draw 2d fans to newer platforms. What do you guys think last Capcom Hurrah on the DC? or new CAPCOM era on X-box or PS2?

fomaman

King's Dry Cleaner
i would say theres a good, if not great, chance of seeing CVS2 on DC. maybe capcoms last hurrah on the DC, but what a way to go. i mean, the game was made on a naomi board so a DC port would be pretty exact and easy. we can only hope.....

I too hope (think) CvS2 will be on Dreamcast. It only seems logical. I doubt that it will make it to the US though (at least on the Dreamcast). But who knows maybe Capcom will suprise us. Only time will tell...

zapr

New Challenger
I guess that's my major concern - I originally heard that it was being done on Naomi, but since then I haven't heard anything else. And with all of the "switching" and "platform jumping" and "now im on ps2 and now Im on x-box abe stuff" going on I havent been able to "confirm" that it is still on Naomi.

If it is naomi then U R right fomaman - we can rest assured that the game will in all likely hood be released even if Jap only.

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
My vote is probably for the Dreamcast. Just because Sega has announced that they will probably not support the system in another year or so, that doesn't mean that thirrd party companies like Capcom couldn't still produce for it. I wouldn't be surprised to see CvS2 out in the arcades by the beginning of next year, so I still think there's a good chance that CvS2 will see the light of day through the Dreamcast.

X-Box? Gamecube? POS2? Who cares... none of the companies behind these systems really seem as if they care about 2D anyhow... more reason not to support the supposed "next generation" of game systems. Not everything HAS to be polygons, dammit!

koolking

Super Spy Agent
But if you put on the Dreamcrap it would be just dissapointing to real gamers who had the common sense not to be seduced by such a lame system. Anyway not to offend anyone without backing my self up. Look at it this way all the good dreamcast games are being remade for Xbox or PS2. i.e. Resident Evil Code Veronica and square didn't make anything for the platform so ha.
-------------------
Nasakenai

S

ShinYagami

Simply speculation since I haven't looked into it in detail, but it makes sense to port it over to the Dreamcast...I remember reading somewhere there was a reason that a lot of 2D games weren't going to the PS2 other than the fact they would rather focus on pretty 3D graphics...

It is likely that'll be released Stateside, but it's a long shot. If not, back to the import store for me.

* Waits like a moron for GGX's English release *

Nari

Kuroko's Training Dummy
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ShinYagami:
Simply speculation since I haven't looked into it in detail, but it makes sense to port it over to the Dreamcast...I remember reading somewhere there was a reason that a lot of 2D games weren't going to the PS2 other than the fact they would rather focus on pretty 3D graphics...

Yes, PS2 can't support 2D games cos their video memory is too low at only 4megs compared to DC's 8 meg. The game will definitely go to DC, it'll be on Naomi board, judging from the preview clip and Capcom's past support for Naomi. The port to Xbox is possible becos of their unified memory system, which allows flexibility in assigning memory.

------------------
"I can't lose. For nature's sake"

Black_Hayato

Cheng's Errand Boy
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ShinYagami:

It is likely that'll be released Stateside, but it's a long shot. If not, back to the import store for me.

* Waits like a moron for GGX's English release *

Dont wait to long, it just might become one of those "rare" games all a sudden.

Capcom will be with the DC for awhile. They've always supported the system, with the easiest portability for there arcade games. NES, SNES, Saturn, DC.

Krusader

Rugal's Thug
I have no idea how anyone will get used to fighting games on the GC controller, or pulling off moves with the segmented PS/2 D-pad. Microsoft + SNK? I dun think so.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Originally posted by koolking:
<STRONG>But if you put on the Dreamcrap it would be just dissapointing to real gamers who had the common sense not to be seduced by such a lame system. Anyway not to offend anyone without backing my self up. Look at it this way all the good dreamcast games are being remade for Xbox or PS2. i.e. Resident Evil Code Veronica and square didn't make anything for the platform so ha.</STRONG>

Dreamcrap? I see. Aside from the Saturn, the "Dreamcrap" is the best console released since the Neo Geo back in 1990. If your taste (or lack thereof) is toward Square's "We know you want movies more than gameplay" drivel on the PlayStation, why are you here?

S

SUPERNAUT

It's gotta be Dreamcast. X-Box and PS2 just want to focus on 3D. As for gamecube I'm not so sure the pad is the best design for a fighting game. Capcom have given us the goods before on saturn even when it died(Final Fight Revenge). I'm sure they pull through again. :D :D :D

Tom

The Frog of Genjuro,
It has got to be Dreamcast. I took a look at my friend's Gamepro and it said one of the games coming out for Dreamcast w/ in the next year is Capcom vs.SNK 2

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
Originally posted by Ryo Sakazaki:
<STRONG>It has got to be Dreamcast. I took a look at my friend's Gamepro and it said one of the games coming out for Dreamcast w/ in the next year is Capcom vs.SNK 2</STRONG>

I asked my local game shop on Friday. It will be a Dreamcast game, and it is supposed to be released late summer.