what's the plot to AOF2

akuma12

n00b
over at shoryuken.com we were talking about the storylines of the SNK series and someone brought up that AOF2 was the first ever official king of fighters tournament sponsored by geese. i do know that geese is a hidden character. this could possibly mean that ryo was the first ever KOF champion... but i have my doubts.

i looked around a little bit for the storyline concerning AOF2, but i haven't been able to find anything. ... so what's the story?

and if you think this would be more appropriate on a different forum, i'll post it there.

kelvSYC

NEST Puppet
AOF2 was never intended it to be a KOF tournament organized by Geese.

Besides, the AOF2 story was changed in KOF 96 so that Ryo would not be much older than Terry (Refer to any AOF2 ending and the overall Fatal Fury storyline).

Anyways, here's the story.

Yuri reveals to Ryo and Robert that Mr. Karate is really Takuma. Takuma explains that Yuri was kidnapped by Mr. Big when Takuma refused to cooperate with Mr. Big's cartel, and then Mr. Big had used Yuri as bait to get Takuma to cooperate. Fortunately, Ryo and Robert managed to save both Yuri and Takuma, and they begin plotting the ultimate demise of Mr. Big and his cartel.

Despite Ryo's objections, Takuma decides to teach his daughter Kyokugen karate.

King had a steady relationship with Ryo, and Robert paid for Jan's (King's brother's) medical fees. (Although this story would change in 97 as Chizuru and not Robert paid for Jan's medical fees)

Eiji just hates all karate in general, but grew a bigger hatred for Kyokugen after the events of AOF2 (this was taken from KOF 95).

Crawley, retired after AOF1, decides not to come out of retirement despite the fact that his country needed him.

Lee retires, apparently after discovering a new medicine.

The rest of the stories are somewhat obscure to me. For example, Temjin's story has nothing to do with any other character.

In the end, the Kyokugen family (and Robert) discover that they had just done the major gruntwork for a certain crime boss named Geese Howard. Mr. Big was a threat to Geese's power (which also explains their 96 team ending) and wanted him eliminated. Seeing how the Kyokugen school defeated Mr. Big and took him out, Geese took the opportunity to try and let the Kyokugen school join him. But for the obvious reasons (Ryo had claimed that he had known of Geese and how his fater hated him), the Kyokugen school disagreed. Geese proceeds to fight them only to be harshly defeated. The Kyokugen family wanted to finish off Geese, but Geese's underlings created a distraction, allowing Geese to escape.

In the original storyline, these activities would attract the attention of one Jeff Bogard, who, of course, Geese would later kill. In the 96-changed storyline, Geese just simply escapes, period.

akuma12

n00b
thanks for your input, but if it wasn't geese's tournament, then what was it? was it a tournament or just a bunch of unorganized brawls (like AOF1)?

i didn't realize that the emphasis was more on Mr. Big than on Geese.

i don't really care about the unimportant characters, just the arcing storyline (thanks anyway).

BrooklynSkin

Morden's Lackey
Here's a quote from page 1 the Prologue from the US AES home cart of AOF 2

"What secrets lies behind the contest known as {"The King of Fighters"} , a contest offering unheard fame and wealth?"

Page 14 in Ryo's bio
"Hearing of the KING of FIGHTERS competition, he ventures once again to his old hunting grounds" This refers to Southtown

on Page 17 in Eiji's bio it says "An engimatic soul who's thirst for revenge, and a glance of his former love, lost to the arms of a long haired blond guy"
Eiji loves Mai and hates Andy Bogard so y'all know.

Mr Big's bio also discusses the KOF tournament. He wants to find out who's running it thinking they are a threat to his power. To lazy to quote more.

On Page 28 it shows a picture of Geese although you wou;dn't know it was him unless you had prior knowledge he was the hidden boss. Again it mentions the KOF and says a mysterious figure is behind it.

So I guess Geese was hosting the KOF tournament and Mr.Big was fighting in it?

Does that answer any questions? I guess Ryo did win a KOF. Well who knows who won it in the storyline? This KOF obviously took place long before the Fatal Fury storyline as Jeff Bogard is not dead yet and Geese is much younger. The KOF storyline was changed a lot with kof 94 etc. The AOF cast were made younger to match the FF people.

Just my 2 cents
- Jon

Reno Garcia

Morden's Lackey
AOF2 Never existed in the KOF timeline, a least for a biography of characters and plotline, so in athe current time of KOF, is posibilty of Ryo and Robert participartes in the first FF when Mr.Big kidnapps Yuri and brawl every guy that´s have a little knodwledge of it, is possible that AOF1 ocuurrs for KOF (FF game) background, AOF 2 is the missing chapter to put in the KOF storyline and make nonsense for AOF3, you can put in without many problems....

BrooklynSkin

Morden's Lackey
Fatal Fury is the first neo fighter to take place in the KOF tournament. In real time that is. FF came out first the game. AOF2 took place first in the storyline however. If you want to count it. There are many fuck ups in the SNK KOF plotline sadly.
- Jon

Reno Garcia

Morden's Lackey
In a KOF storyline, they put the first FF with a pre-KOF´94, the third FF in the timeline between KOF 94-95 and the difficult chapter is real bout that suposed to be succeded in 98 (time that the boy dies), about AOF the only difficult chapter is the AOF2.... so many of the plotline is the rise of Geese with the absolute ruler of Southtown..., there are two options about it:

- missing it..
- put it but eliminate the plan that includes Geese in the storyline because AOF2 in the revenge against Mr.Big for the trouble that make in AOF.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Ideal timeline:

AoF1
AoF2 (It's a KOF)
AoF3
FF1 (It's a KOF)
FF2 (It's a KOF)
KOF94
KOF95
FF3