Just got KOF 2000...

slerch666

updyke,
and I must say I am impressed! The only other MVS KoF I have is 2001. 2K1 is good, but I think I am enjoying 2K more. The animation seems better (I guess that's what happens when you don't have FORTY characters to choose from...) and the music seems much better as well.

The only thing I prefer about 2K1 is the ability to choose how many fighters/strikers you are using.

When I get a better feel for 2K I think I'll write a review for the Reviews section here...

J' Kusanagi

Hardened Shock Trooper
Yeah, KOF 2k is my personal fav and I think its the best in the series. Haven't played 2k1 yet though.

ray_7

THis used to be my fav KOF, the striker system is so goddamn fun, enabled us to do insane/infinite combos.

Music are great, artwork superb, yeah a solid KOF overall.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Many people didn't like 2000 for whatever reason, but in some ways, it's the best KOF. It's got better character sprites than 2001. It's got the best art out of them all, and it's got neat new characters. Sure, 2001 has this too, but without the super shitty music.

KOF2000 is somewhere between my second and third fav in the series. Don't listen to those that don't like it, for I love it!

Spike

slerch666

updyke,
I have a good time with it, I spent MY money on it, so if anyone doesn't like the fact that I enjoy it, fuck 'em! They didn't pay for it and they don't have to play it. I also say the same thing about 2K1. I enjoy it (2K1), although I definitely agree about the shitty music. Wish they'd bump up the frames of animation though. I guess when you have FORTY characters, sacrifices have to be made.

I actually prefer the art style of the between round "I kicked your ass" screens on 2K1, but it's just personal preference. I love on 2K how you get the characters from other games to use as strikers as well.