'02 BC Canceling... still need help

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
I must be doing something wrong.

Are there people out there that can do it 100% of the time? does anyone have this technique mastered?

i certainly don't.

I'll explain using Yashiro. the combo i'm practicing is: C, BC Cancel, Run C, f + A, qcb hcf + BD (requires 3 bars or more)

i can land the entire combo 30% of the time. i can MARGINALLY BC cancel, but the second C just won't connect.

these are my literal button presses:

C, B+C, f, f, C, f + A, qcb hcf + BD

i do the f, f as fast as i can, but i dunno...

i know that this technique isn't exactly the most used tech in the game, and i know this particular combo isn't exactly energy efficient, but i just need to be able to do it...

any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. - i've already read all of the BC canceling topics that were posted some 4 months ago...

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
try it this way. not sure if it works though:

C .... f + A (hold f) .... BC* ..... C .... f + A .... qcb hcf BD

* DON"T RUN HERE. JUST KEEP HOLDING FORWARD

=====================================

give it a try. it might be easier

<small>[ June 10, 2003, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: k'_127 ]</small>

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
btw I tried this combo.

it's possible and a lot easier. however, it doesn't take much more damage than the easy one stock combo (see below)*. plus, you can replace the HSDM with qcf x2 AC, SDM, which will do about the same damage.

* C .... f + A .... qcf A+C (same time) ..... qcf C ..... DM

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
To get the running C in the BC combos, I always do:

C,f+BC,f(hold),C where the f,f is a double tap with the BC on the first tap. It gives me an instant running animation out of the BC every time.

I'm also working on Whip's combo which I think is D,f+A,A,A,db+BC,fast tap uf,jumping D(2-hit),etc. Same principle... not sure I need the db motion though.

The combo that is killing me is d.B,d.B,BC,d+C with Blue Mary. Every time I try this, the game gives me a free d+B on top of the BC which ruins everything.

Based on all of the examples above, I'm pretty sure that the BC remembers the previous motion/button somehow, and gives it back to you if you don't cancel into what you want to do. This makes the running combos easier, but makes something simple like the Blue Mary combo trickier.

<small>[ June 12, 2003, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: neojedi ]</small>

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
Thanks.

I got help from valenti, i can do them somewhat consistently now.