what is the biggest combo you can pull of in kof 2001?

kiori

Crossed Swords Squire
yeah what is it and how do you do it?
and with which system?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
best thread around these days. unfortunately, I didn't get the chance to play 2001 to pull a 100% combo. but here's the biggest I can do:

May Lee

Striker/s: (Angle [A] - Xiang fei [X])

==============================================

close D (2 hits) ... > ... qcf B (2 hits) + [A]* ... >

Close D (2 hits) ... > ... qcf B (2 hits) + [X]* ... > ... qcb B ... >

quickly, run forward ... >

close D (2 hits) ... > ... qcf B (1 hit) ... > ... qcb B ... > ... ABC ... > ... D ... > ... hcf A

================================================

- needs 2 power stocks.

- third part of the combo needs timing. ask me for help, if interested

* to call the striker and perform the move at the same time, do it like this:

qcf B+C

she will do the 2-hits kick and call striker at the same time.

<small>[ June 04, 2003, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: k'_127 ]</small>

kiori

Crossed Swords Squire
mines is like this

Iori (of course)

vanessa
ramon
xanfeigh

just iori so level four is ahieved
once accomplished do this

jump kick, then press right trigger and hold right to activate vanessa,as she come in keep pressin the right trigger to let ramon in, now after hes half way in, press foward with your insane house of the dead like trigger thingy and iori should do a kick wich puts him on the ground, after this xangfeigh should come in and pick the sucka up for you and at this time activate his famous qcf hcb+p combo and then finish him off with the little continuation qcfx4+p whic should leave the foe at like a hair to nohting life gage. it should yeild like 32-39 hits depends on how fast and much you pressed the trigger thingy but its great and esier to understand :D
oh and if any body can tell me where I can post this on video please tell me I want to show u all buttrock

<small>[ June 04, 2003, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: kiori ]</small>

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
i had a really siple may lee 100% combo in 2001. i dont know if i still remember it correctly but here goes. jump D, sD(2hits), qcf+B(or D i dont remember it should be 2 hits), hcb+B(could be D), super cancel QCB QCB+K (OR P dont remember correctly< the one where she makes a flip and kicks overhead and after 2 or 3 hits kicks you to the end of the screen). at the moment the last hit of the super hits press ABC together. she should stop with her super animation and go into hero mode. the opponent will come flying back at you you. do youre qcb+C so youlle juggle and supercancel in yourre air super QCF QCF+C. if i wrote something wrong just tell me, its been a long time since i played this game.

ill try it later, been to long to be sure.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
oh I came up with an idea. it's an addition to the last part of my combo above (addtion is bold):

May Lee

4 Power stocks

Angle [A] + Xiangfei [X]

=======================================

close D (2 hits) ... > ... qcf B (1 hit) ... > ... qcb B ... > . ABC . > ... A (2 hits) ... > ... SDM*

===========================================

* qcf x2 A+C

- I only replaced the last two moves by the bolded stuff.

it seems a 100% but I haven't tryed it. sure would rock

kiori

Crossed Swords Squire
Oh yeah yuri

select yuri and
vanessa
ramon and xangfeigh

start by only choosing yuri to fight then
as you reach level four,
jump kick crouch low kick twice high punch low punch high kick go into the crasy trigger kick thingy and vanessa should come out as she is starting get ramon in there and then as hes half way done press forward and trigger kick whick she should kick over her head and then over once more wich has caused the foe to fall but xangfeigh picks him up at this time your gage should be at four again or if not then set the gauge to max do her two hit super and as she starts the second one cancel her in to the akuma grab you and kick your ass combo which should leave the guy/girl just a punch away from victory
it looks awesome buttrock buttrock

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
k'_127:
oh I came up with an idea. it's an addition to the last part of my combo above (addtion is bold):

May Lee

4 Power stocks

Angle [A] + Xiangfei [X]

=======================================

close D (2 hits) ... > ... qcf B (1 hit) ... > ... qcb B ... > . ABC . > ... A (2 hits) ... > ... SDM*

===========================================

* qcf x2 A+C

- I only replaced the last two moves by the bolded stuff.

it seems a 100% but I haven't tryed it. sure would rock
I tryed this today and it wasn't even close from 100% :(

not sure but I think you can call angle again after calling xiang fei and before the SDM part, but I'm not sure whether or not, this will leave 2 power stocks for pulling the SDM.

honestly though, after playing tons of 2002 matches and returning to play 2001 again, it still felt so cool. just if they could adjust the system a little bit, this game will be perfect. (calling striker once during a combo, adding a power stock to each ratio, and get rid of the bad players like Bao and hinako)

glad to notice that they reduce damage with higher combo hits

KLSADAKO

Kuroko's Training Dummy
The biggest Hits I've managed to pull off is this,

Kyo/King as Striker
Jump+B / A / f-B+C (King) / QCF+C / HCB+C / f+C / Striker Hits / QCF+B, B x 40 / QCB, HCF+C / Angel / 94-Hits / Corner / 100%
It looks easy but It can be quite difficult, since you have to do the QCF+B.B fourty times.

Can anyone better this?

Despair

Crazed MVS Addict
My favorite combo

Mai striker

Blue Mary: standing close D (2 hits), f/b + B, DOA Thrashing Super Special move

krakov

Armored Scrum Object
2 no strikers instant death combos:

Yuri
jC/D > C > f+B > qcfx2+K (cancel on second hit) > A, A, f, B, C
3 supermeters required.

Shingo
jC/D > C > qcfx2+AC > qcfx2+AC > hcf+D
4 supermeters required.

Some other nice ones, not that complex, no strikers (i don´t like them in 2001):

Lin

C > f+A > rdp+C > dp+A
C > f+A > rdp+C > rdp+A > df+C

Heidern

jC/D > C > f+B > dp+C > hcfx2+AC

Clark

[charge b] jC/D > C > f+C > dp+C > qcf+C

Takuma

[chage db] jC/D > C > f+D > dp+P > df+B

Kim

D > f+A > qcb, hcf+BD > d,d+D
B > d,d+B > dp+K > qcb, hcf+BD > d,d+D

ugh, i can go on forever... I really love 2001 and i´ve played it to death :)

krakov

Armored Scrum Object
Just remembered another cool DM to DM-cancel...

Blue mary
C/D > f/b+B > qcf, hcb+C > A, A, b, B, C

KLSADAKO

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Isn't this topic about how many hits you can do, not good basic small combos, someone challenge my 94 hits.

Last edited:

krakov

Armored Scrum Object
KLSADAKO said:
Isn't this topic about how many hits you can do, not good basic small combos, someone challenge my 94 hits.

I thought it was a combination between hits and damage. Some characters just have heavy autocombos. Dm´s with alot of hits...

Well then:

Xangfei
(when close) hcbx2+AC - 101 or is it 102 hits?

KLSADAKO

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Well if it's hits then Xiang fei, has the highest, which even crap players should be able to do. If it's damage, then every character has at least one 100% combo, even whip.

krakov

Armored Scrum Object
Well, i´m no fan of strikers... or corner juggles... or infinites at all...

KLSADAKO

Kuroko's Training Dummy
You may not be a fan, but those things are part and parcel of KOF 2001. In my opinion KOF 97 rules. It has some of the sickist combos known to man-kind. Like this one with Kyo,

Max mode, Jump+D/ C/ QCF+D, D/ QCF+A/ QCF+A-first one again/ QCF+A-second one this time/ d+A-miss/ QCB,HCF+C-charge slightly

I have only been able to pull this off once, on tape, but then I taped over it by mistake. I haven't been able to pull it off since. Sometimes when you release the DM, the task over screen pops up.

krakov

Armored Scrum Object
They all have a very, may i say extremely small part i versus play thought...

There is a no strikers combo video for 2001. After watching it, you´ll se strikers aren´t necessery.

KLSADAKO

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Strikers may not be necessery, but that's what makes it different to the other versions.

krakov

Armored Scrum Object
I think the biggest difference is the supercancel, i makes combos go one wtep further. And the DM to DM cancel as well...

Strikers can be used in 99 och 2k as well. Not the sam way as in 2001 but anyway.