What One thing would you like to see in the next KOF?

Orochi_Flava

Over Top Auto Mechanic
We all love KOF..that's a given, but we always talk about what is wrong with the current KOF and what was right about the old ones.

Well, Here is your chance to vent or add ideas...It can be any one thing, characters, gameplay moves, animation..etc. You never know..this may get read by someone at Playmore.

What would I like? A METAL SLUG TEAM!!! Bring KOF back to a crossover series with characters from other games...specifically Metal Slug. Fio as only a striker is just a tease.

Q

qube

I would like the variable striker system from 2k1 to make a comeback. I always enjoyed being able to customize my team when I was really into 2k1. The only change I would make is that I would allow at least 2 stocks to be stored when useing no striker. I like to play w/ no strikers sometimes, but only being able to use DM's kind of sucks. I love my SDM's, and now HSDM's too wink

I would also like to see Elta, from Magician Lord inserted into the KOF lore! I posted this in general earlier after seeing Lou Gojira post about it. I have ALWAYS WANTED TO SEE ELTA IN A FIGHTING GAME! They could do sooo much with that character. All of the DM's could involve a morph into a stronger form, how F'n cool would that be??!! eek!

I will probably add more to this list later, but it's late so I am going to bed soon.

Q-

Red_venom

n00b
I would like to see a nice engine overhaul. KOF doesn't change enough from year to year(I know maybe this is something a lot of people like about it). Like make the special mechanics(Armor/Counter in 99, Custom combo mode in 02) actually useful. Since all of those could barely be used in competitive play and were little more than an 'extra' for the serious players to mess around with in training mode or when trying to show off. As far as wacky SNK cameos... Might as well leave that to another series(SvC?), I would be all for having them pop up in the backgrounds though.

Tom

The Frog of Genjuro,
-Characters reflect age

-Keep Ryo's sparing(sp?)gear, but change his gi to black

-Terry w/ MOTW costume and Rock playable

-King married to Ryo and on AOF Team

-Robert and Yuri Married

-Marco on AOF Team

-Give Takuma gray hair change his gi to black

Q

qube

Tom
-Terry w/ MOTW costume and Rock playable

-King married to Ryo and on AOF Team
Amen to both of those buttrock

I knew a reply here would get the ball rolling. I like this topic. Maybe we'll hear some more good ideas from people who actually play the games wink

BTW-900th post oh_no in 4 months. I have problems wink

Orochi_Flava

Over Top Auto Mechanic
There is some great stuff on here. All of it definitely is worthy stuff. Much props to Qube for participating in my latest threads. Who is Elta though? I'm not familiar with her.

As for Tom's ideas, If King and Ryo got married, and Rock was old enough in a KOF, I would want to see Rock's rival be King and Ryo's Son/Daughter with their combined moves. How cool would that be?

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Bring back the sideline characters. Having your team mates cheering you on during bouts, and seeing their reactions upon winning or losing was a neat feature, and one they should bring back from now on. Fuck the strikers, I want my team back in the sidelines!

SeVeNMerc

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Just a Idea but maybe have it so it a tag team battle where you can switch character in and out during the match(ala M vs c2) but have a bar like ROTD that has to be full to switch characters. I think this would breath new life into the series. Also have it where you can do a special where your character on screen and on other team mate do a double team attack.

Then again I guess the game just wouldn't be KOF if they did that.

I have only played KOF 94 and i just got it so my KOF knowledge is very limited so i have no clue how the series has change or plays now.

honeyman

Morden's Lackey
Hi-res graphics and CD quality sound (of course the gameplay is expected to be great wink .)

I don`t care what anybody says, if you put Jin Tanaka (average Japanese Joe) in front of a fighting game it has to at least look/sound good enough to them first in order for them to even give it the time of day.

Plus I would like KOF to become this as well (One of the greatest fighting series deserves it`S knighthood buttrock ! Sir KOF :) !)

GENOCIDE CUTTER '94

Ukyo's Doctor
Ghost-Dog:
Bring back the sideline characters. Having your team mates cheering you on during bouts, and seeing their reactions upon winning or losing was a neat feature, and one they should bring back from now on. Fuck the strikers, I want my team back in the sidelines!
amen to that!

grapplerJoe

Overtop Pathfinder
Somehow, I'd love to see Shingo delivering non-crimson flames.

We all know that he can't have the crimson flames,so maybe makin' it a different color would do.

Tenshokyaku

King's Dry Cleaner
Hell yeah! Bring back the sideline characters and give them more than 3 frames of animation!!!!!

Switching characters mid-fight would be cool, too. But they would definitely have to handle it differently than the vs series.

Orochi_Flava

Over Top Auto Mechanic
How about a combination of the striker/tag/background systems?

Imagine your teamates still in the background cheering/jeering you. When you press BC left or right, one of them comes out as a striker and after the attack they become the controllable character while your original character goes back into the background. (Sort of like Kizuna Encounter)

Your striker attacks would be limited only to how many characters you have left.

Korigama

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Hmm, I suppose I'd also like seeing my
other teammates on the sidelines,
as well as another appearance by Geese
(perhaps using him as the boss if they don't
make a new one).

DinoX

Crazed MVS Addict
A mortal kombat type fatality move that only aplies to Bao, oh yeah..

TriShield

Host for Orochi
Completely revamped graphics and animation.

It'll never happen though. oh_no

kiori

Crossed Swords Squire
this may sound stupid (and I'm sorry)
but will there be a kof 2k3?
or not? :(
I hope there is :D :D

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
re-draw EVERY SPRITE.

Start from scratch.

Oxyclean

n00b
Updated graphics would be nice, and also what you guys were saying about Terry in his MOTW outfit with Rock being a playable character. But I don't think the characters from Metal Slug would fit the series. I love those games but they just don't belong in KOF in my opinion. Having your teammates in the background again would be too cool. How bringing Gato into the series as well?

Tadaima

Host for Orochi
Orochi_Flava:
We all love KOF..that's a given, but we always talk about what is wrong with the current KOF and what was right about the old ones.

Well, Here is your chance to vent or add ideas...It can be any one thing, characters, gameplay moves, animation..etc. You never know..this may get read by someone at Playmore.

What would I like? A METAL SLUG TEAM!!! Bring KOF back to a crossover series with characters from other games...specifically Metal Slug. Fio as only a striker is just a tease.
The One Thing I would like in a next KOF is something purely subjective: a true KOF. It started a little w/ the 2k2, but I would really like to find again the "feel" of the former SNK Kof episodes.

GENOCIDE CUTTER '94

Ukyo's Doctor
I think it would be pretty intense if Geese Howard finally achieved his goal of ultimate power, so that as a final boss we end up with a "Super Geese", after all these years of being booted out of his own tower by Terry he's kinda earned it. Alternatively, a team of three hard as nails bosses would be great, (i've mentioned this somewhere before) imagine having to face Rugal, Goenitz & Orochi as a team, instead a crappy one after the other sub boss system. And no more strikers, ever. They suck. shame

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
Tom those are nice ideas and would suit a continuation rather than a overhaul....

KOf does have a unique flavour and a overhaul might ruin that, but to me even my favourite character Takuma is getting played out, he may be the greatest karate man in any fighting game but he hasnt really changed from 98-2003.

If there was a complete overhaul with eg a burning fight team, a kizuna team and mb a FHD team KOF would become a completely different game.

On balance I think Toms suggestions and the idea of Geese returning as a superboss, with a older look, aided by a detailed and conclusive storyline would be great as a continuation in the KOF series.

But I will say this maybe its time for a SNK all stars fighting series......it could be a real treat for old skool fans and feature a king of monsters team, a world hereos team , even a burning fight team.

<small>[ June 05, 2003, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: rugal2000 ]</small>

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
100% redone art in high res on a better machine. Sad but true.

Spike