m or fe

O-Ragul

New Challenger
last night when I and my brother were playing kof99 vs , we use to play rondam game .when boa came to him he told me that she will win but I told him that he is a meal .but the problam that every year we get an idea like in 2000 kenso kiss boa so its fe but in 2001 its talke as a meal so who is right and why? eek_2

The True Warrior

Edo Express Delivery Guy
O-Ragul:
last night when I and my brother were playing kof99 vs , we use to play rondam game .when boa came to him he told me that she will win but I told him that he is a meal .but the problam that every year we get an idea like in 2000 kenso kiss boa so its fe but in 2001 its talke as a meal so who is right and why? eek_2
Bao (pronounced "Pow") is a boy... Though I still can't see how people could take him for a girl. eek_2 eek_2 eek_2

Yuri-chan

Armored Scrum Object
Ever since I first played KOF '99, I had always wanted to know what gender Bao was. The same happened thing with Chris when I first played KOF '97 too. Bao is about as hard to figure out as Chris is but both of them are male. eek_2

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Yeah, I was pretty confused about Chris as well. I've heard some KOF players say 'male', others 'female'. He (she?) is pretty androgynous.

DinoX

Crazed MVS Addict
I saw Bao's concept sketches and she(he) was wearing dresses. I wish I had the link for it.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I think the one clean give away at chris's gender is when he turns into Orochi there aren't any boobs

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
I have a couple of those sketches. Yes, in a concept sketch there were a few drawings entertaining the idea of Bao being female by putting on dresses. Of course, this was just a page, and it was included with a bunch of pics of Bao actually wearing traditional male clothes. But basically, they decided before his first true game entry to make him a young boy. Of course, it doesn't help that so obviously most young boys are played by female voice actresses. Even worse when quite a few can't sound male in the least (see Japanese version of Outlaw Star for a very spooky reference of that).

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Bao-Male
Chris-Male

I have seen some early art of Bao and I think he was originally going to be a girl.