Does anyone else hate Billy Kane in 2002?

Q

qube

Man he pisses me off! I walk through 2002 on level 8 difficulty except for Billy!

I don't know what it is but he always seems to anti-air, reverse, or DM me just when he needs to. Earlier today he wiped out my entire team,WTF??!!

Maybe it is just me and I suck against Billy, but it seems that his AI is superior to every other characters in the game.

I have never played against a human opponent that knows how to play Billy well, but if he is as dominating as his CPU controlled counterpart, the person playing him must be a bitch to beat!

Just a pissed off rant and wonder :mad:

Tadaima

Host for Orochi
I never liked his ridiculous hair-binderand his silly "no smoking" jacket.

But he's a cool fighter. A real pain in the ass!

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Sometimes you can actually psych yourself up to lose against a certain character... Big Bear in FFS, and Galford in SS are two examples that come to mind for me... before I start a round against these guys I think 'Oh crap... it's them' and then they kick my ass.

As dorky as it sounds, try thinking positively, or at least don't presume that Billy will definitely win...

Q

qube

tsukaesugi
As dorky as it sounds, try thinking positively, or at least don't presume that Billy will definitely win...
I don't neccessarily assume that Billy will win, but he does intimidate me crying I have learned that against him I have to be extremely patient and choose my shots very carefully. I can take him out fairly easily with Athena and Mai,or any other quick character, but he gives my slower characters problems.

I have a hard time getting in close with Goro Daimon and Maxima, thank god I don't play Chang :rolleyes: I have been playing 2002 for months on end now, but I still have problems with Billy!

Well, it is nice to have a challenge since my friends don't play KOF frown

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
qube:
Man he pisses me off! I walk through 2002 on level 8 difficulty except for Billy!

I don't know what it is but he always seems to anti-air, reverse, or DM me just when he needs to. Earlier today he wiped out my entire team,WTF??!!

Maybe it is just me and I suck against Billy, but it seems that his AI is superior to every other characters in the game.

I have never played against a human opponent that knows how to play Billy well, but if he is as dominating as his CPU controlled counterpart, the person playing him must be a bitch to beat!

Just a pissed off rant and wonder :mad:
I know where you're coming from, the range of his normal A/C pokes and his damn reversals can be annoying. Projectiles seem to be useful against him. Also, I practised it to close up on him to render his long-range pokes useless and then throw him or attack him with a high/overhead attack like Ryo's qcf+K.

If you time it right, you can do uppercut moves/dragon punches to counter his standing A's or C's or super-jump on him when he does the C version because it's not cancellable in normal mode, he couldn't cancel into a stick whirl for ex., but don't try to jump in while he is in BC mode... sometimes I fall for his qcb+D reversals + DM (the D version of this move is super cancellable), which is extremly nasty because you can't do shit against it once you hit his qcb+D, and it does high damage...

Overall, I don't think that Billy is overpriorized, his moves just come out very fast and have short recovery times/lags.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
billy is right up there with choi,yuri,leona and athena in 2002

they didnt even notice

they were too busy raping goro,yashiro,shermie and so on

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Fran:
billy is right up there with choi,yuri,leona and athena in 2002

they didnt even notice

they were too busy raping goro,yashiro,shermie and so on
Yup. As if it wasn't enough that we had a damn strong Choi in 2k1, now he's a flying scalpel.

Goro is still strong, but I miss his f+A overhead. His normal C/D throw is gone as well, while the qcf+A and the hcf+C have high priority as before, obviously they didn't touch the priority on overpowered moves but removed others that were not too strong but useful.

That's what I don't get, why all these cuts? Eolith/Playmore should have more options than that.

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
Choi is really good to use.Many people hate him but he is one of the more stronger characters if used right.There are some people who overlook Yuri as well.
Many people at the arcade which i frequent use Leona and choi a lot.

Q

qube

What surprises me about 2k2 is which characters were weakened and which were finally improved!
It is about time that Athena became a real threat in a fight. No more "just for cuteness factor", Athena is a legitimate threat finally.

I also agree that Choi has become even more annoying than before with his quickness and awkward jumps.

May Lee seems to have gotten the ass raping as well this time around. She was pretty difficult to play before, but now when I use her I find myself struggling to take even half of a life bar away from just about anyone!

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
she was just too abusable in 2001

specially with 1 or 2 strikers

about time they toned her down

fighters with 2 styles are always really strong...

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
True, but she's too weak now to be the combo bitch of 2K2... Vanessa deserved that honor. May Lee in 2K2 is almost as jugglable as Angel in 2K1.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
you bought the overstruggle dvd ?

seen those korean vs matches ?

good stuff

ray_7

yeah i hate him as well.

in the hand of good players, billy is just ... untouchable.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Fran:
you bought the overstruggle dvd ?

seen those korean vs matches ?

good stuff
Hell yeah... gets you psyched... I watched it with a friend before playing a few rounds, and just having seen it added a lot of energy to both of our games. :)

<small>[ May 07, 2003, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: neojedi ]</small>

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I hate goro in 2k2, hes shit compared to 2K1 or 98. To me anyway.. I dont get these morons, they change good stuff and add new worthless crap. Billy Is a tier for sure in 2k2. LOOK AT SHERMIE, I was crying when I used her. STANDING C IS SLOW, ARGH I HATE IT SO MUCH.

Takuma cant link shit no more, hes like 30% finished, they should have just ripped his ass out of 98.

Tora Kouhi

Rugal's Secretary
Billy probs here too. He seems like he knows every move you'll make.