King of Fighter on PS2

kaos

I'm a stealthy Ghost-like pimp daddy bitch, yo!
Allright....2 things

1) I'm a newbie about KoF series (in general about NG) even if I'm an old hardcore videogamer

2) I don't have enough bucks to buy none of 'em (I mean carts)

So at the moment only thing I can do is buy some ports
I bought so far Garou, Last blade2, KoF 99E on DC...everyone f....n' great

I'd like to buy KoF 00 & 01
I know DC are good ports
A CEX's employee anyway told me PS2 port of 00 is far better than DC' and the oncomin' 01 will be 100 times better (what he've said) than DC'

what everyone think??
Shall I wait PS2 KoF 2001??
And 2000??

Thanx :D :D

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Well, I think they may be just saying words, but yes the PS2 version of 2000 is supposedly better than the DC version of 2000. But not by much. It's not worth doing the extra bit of work to get the PS2 to play imports, if you haven't done so already. The DC, out of the box, has such easy access to import players or bootdisks so economically it may be the better performance/price idea. The one thing about the DC version that is nice (with the commercial boot disks) is the direct VGA support. The PS2 version does get like 3 more strikers (american team) and Iori's special hop back +wk glitch existant in the arcade. If the extra dough needed to get your PS2 to play the game isn't a factor, then go for it. Heck, I might get that version later, myself, if and when there comes a time that I have my PS2 modded (Sakura Taisen and certain others may have me do that).

The 2001 port to the DC was very intact, and even Iori's patented "special" backdash made its return. The new VS. puzzle mode is somewhat entertaining and has pretty much all the trimmings for a home port. The DC version sports new alternate renditions of all the 2k1 backgrounds including the originals, and also sports vintage stages from nearly all the previous years of KOF. I doubt there's anything Playmore would do to make the PS2 version 100 times better than that. In fact, I would be shocked if they get any other feature not already implemented. 2001 doesn't use hidden strikers, so I doubt anything special will happen there. I would guess, the only thing possible (given the 2002 home port adding characters) is that they announce to have extra characters put in 2001 for PS2. But they have some time to announce any of that. I'm not holding my breath, not only have I played 2001 on my DC a while now, I will be concentrating on KOF 2002 DC long before the PS2 version of 2001 comes out.

kaos

I'm a stealthy Ghost-like pimp daddy bitch, yo!
thanx for info multi_co