any good hints for beating 94 rugal?

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
i mean other than putting the difficulty level
on easy like a puss.
i can breeze through the game right until rugal.
then i get my ass handed to me.

Body rip

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
There are so many strategies my friend, I can't even begin...this is by far the easiest incarnation of Rugal IMO. Before he takes his coat off, just jump kick him to death. He'll either block or eat your jump kick, then regardless of what happens, walk up and just grab him. You can also do the slow projectile+dashing special trick. Throw a slow projectile, if he tries to sidestep, wait right before his evasion tactic is over, then perform a rushing special attack (Burning Knuckles etc). After he takes his coat off, same strategies, but now you can't hang in air as often because of the "Genocide Cutter". Limit your jumping by half, and you'll be just fine. He will try to bounce some of the projectiles back, but usually not that many.

Body rip

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Also, if you can knock him down, stand right over his body...right before he gets on his feet, throw a fast projectile. The chances are about 60/40, he takes another hit.

Krizalid'v99

New Challenger
Body Rip, are you insane?! :eek: '94 Rugal 2nd version is by far the hardest Rugal I've faced on Difficulty Level 8! If you find him easy, then you must be some sort if wizard...
Anyway, '94 Rugal's 1st form can be beaten like Body Rip described quite easily. It's his 2nd form that'll give you problems...

Ok for his 2nd form...I suggest you stay back and jump over his Reppukens, wait till Rugal charges his Super Gauge - when he does, IMMEDIATLEY use your TAUNT - this will lower Rugal's gauge. Now while hes still charging, dash up to him and give him your biggest combo that knocks him down, then stay back again, and repeat the process. Remember the only real chance to hit Rugal is when hes charging his gauge, so make sure he doesn't fully charge his gauge by using your taunts whenever he charges or it starts to fill up...because trust me if his bar fills up MAX you'll be in BIG trouble...

ShinYojimbo

Cheng's Errand Boy
1st form...

Step1:-Keep jumping backwards against the corner and smacking kick....Rugal should start getting clipped in the top of his head or attempt a jumpkick sucking your attack in the process.

Step2:-Walk up....dodge.....walk up.....dodge....throw rugal....repeat

2nd Form....

Don't fight his cheap ass at all.Just get in the corner duck down slap your fastest weak attack....Rugal should bunny hop forward straight into your fists/kicks.....knock him back....wait then repeat.