Fun in a fighting game?

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
now, we all know that fighting games are hella fun, and the best kind of game there is...

But what exactly is it that makes fighters fun?

Is it practicing combos? learning from your mistakes? Learning how the combo system works? or "having fun" while playing?

FUCK NO!

ALL of you guys know that WINNING is the best part of a fighting game! There is NOTHING like standing up being the champion after a heated match, NOTHING!

I mean, all that stuff i mentioned before IS fun, but not nearly as fun as kicking serious ass.

What do you guys think?

MiniJhun

Crazed MVS Addict
Yeah, you're right. But what if nobody wants to play with you... that sucks.

Orion

n00b
Originally posted by MiniJhun:
<STRONG>Yeah, you're right. But what if nobody wants to play with you... that sucks.</STRONG>

the best of the characters is how know esed in the bad moments or good challenger i dont care if the character is crapy and look the face of my challenger when he lost.

wagesofsyn

Dodgeball Yakuza
The best part is a hard fought match. In Real bout, it's going to Round 3 and barely beating them. In KOF, it's haviing no DM energy in Round 5 and still coming thorugh. It's the intensity that does it for me.

steveold

Guerilla Warrior
Yeah, executing combos are all well and good... and seeing the various character designs in action is fun...

But nothing like a well-earned victory. There are two victories I enjoy the most.

1) The victory where you completely OWN the opponent

2) The victory where it goes straight down to the wire... and you outsmarted your opponent on Round 3 (or 4...)

Crazyman_bob

Galford's Armourer
My favorite part is pulling off really cool-looking specials. See me sig for an example. Dynamite Swing is tight.