Duck King...Why the hype?

BakuretsuMutekiSid

Zero's Tailor
I never understood why this character has such a cult following. Is it because of his moves or the way he looks? IMO, I think he looks foolish. That dance is funny though.

------------------
garou_donghwanstand.gif

"Can you match my gaming enthusiasm?"

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
How can you not like the guy? He's just so crazy and carefree... he rocks! His music is also brilliant, and that little duck thats always following him around? Sheer class.

------------------
svcm_vegastance.gif

Batsu_Power

Armored Scrum Object
OWWWWWWW, Baby!!!! How can you not resist the king of quackiness? He's got a cool array of dancing moves and DMs, a funny personality, a cool voice (Kong Kuwata voiced him, also voiced Geese and Genjuro) and his little duck sidekick, DJ Quack (little nicknname I created for him
biggrin.gif
). He should be in KOF2K1, MOTW2 and CvS2
biggrin.gif

Edit: I loved his song in RBFFS... It's damn funny!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
I maybe a hot blooded student... but I'm one hell of a fighter!!! -Batsu

Akurai Yurusan! HAH!!- Kim Kaphwan

[This message has been edited by Batsu_Power (edited May 02, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Batsu_Power (edited May 02, 2001).]

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Duck owns. He's really an underrated character in my opinion. I think he can be very effective in a defensive mode because so many of his moves, in my experiences, work well as counters. The DM where he juggles the guy in the air on his feet while he spins on his back is just awesome looking! I love the way it just 'grabs' the opponent and vacuums him in, kinda like the Zanretsuken/Geneikyaku in AOF 1 and 2.

If you're asking what the appeal is...well, it's DUCK KING, man!

I...I just can't explain it
smile.gif

I've always thought about a KOF team consisting of Terry, Mary and Duck. Or Duck King, Richard Meyer (or Bob Wilson, with Richard as his manager and a background feature as in RB2), and Big Bear.

The connection? All former enemies of Terry who later became his friends.

I'll try to dig the lyrics up to his RBFF song and post them here later (unless somebody beats me to it).

Threat or promise? You decide...

Taiso
"Because of my bloody life, it was no accident that I was involved in the troubles..."

T

The Infamous VX

"Im....DUCK KING!! HAHAHAHAH!! QUACK QUACK QUACK!!" yeah duck king is, i think, one of the most original characters made. There is no other character like the Duckster!

zy-

n00b
DUCK KING SUCKS ASS!!!
He will never be a character in kof2k1...never!
I think this character appeals to people who have a low image of themsleves.

That's what I think , I dont want people to flame me, or make me think other wise.
I always say the truth, because is what I believe. :rolleyes:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
zy-

Come on, now. Be nice :).

Don't base your opinion of the character solely on his image. He's a good character that could do a lot of damage in ANY Real Bout tournament. Maybe you'd never play him, but he certainly doesn't 'suck ass'.

Batsu_Power

Armored Scrum Object
chara05s.gif
Heeeeeey! I think Duck's Cool! He's perfect for my scoop on the next Dance Dance Revolution game!!

chara11s.gif
: I think that dancing is quite stylish... And Duck's hairdo... Man, I wish I had that hair

chara15s.gif
: He He.. I do :D!

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
I fail to see how someone who is followed around by ducks, is NOT respected..... he even managed to change skin colour between FFS and RFFS!.... How cool is that?!!?

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
HEY...

I'M....

DUCK KING!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Get down on the floor
feel the heat, feel the beat

Slammin' all the door
kick the seat,
stomp your feet

Like the way you move
when you feel the groove
make me prove

Take it to the limit
'till you reach the top and do the hop

(REPEAT)

The arranged version has more lyrics, but I believe the cart version just loops the above lyrics over and over.

C'mon, zy-...

Feel the heat, feel the beat :).

JIrish

New Challenger
Duck King's been a part of the Fatal Fury mythos since the begining, and even back then, you could tell he was something different. In his later, Real Bout incarnations, you can just watch the guy and tell he's having fun. He's probably my favorite SNK character, period. I'd love to at least see him in CvsS2.

Kukacherrn

n00b
It's obviously because of his music. quote: laid bu ded de vu... du du du du du du, dudu kaim laid de bu bu de du.

Something like that. :)

kantboy

New Challenger
Duck is the man. A guy that can make a flock of little ducks follow him around is just plain cool. Besides, he's buds with Heavy D! and Todoh, so you know the "outcast" characters love to hang around each other. KOF2K1 Heavy, Duck, Todo and a mystery partner would be awesome.

His multiple P power specials rock.

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Duck is the man, they had better add him to a KOF already. Hes got the moves, style, and is an all around cool guy.

ShinYojimbo

Cheng's Errand Boy
Well DuckKing was always considered an expert character to use.

After he got his power-up super in rbspecial/rbout2 his combo ability went through the roof.

So Duck deserves to appear in Kof despite his weird look and stupid name.

Would be much better having Duck in the game instead of Lucky/Chang/Choi. :p