Striker system: why oh why?

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I'm sure this has been talked about before, but since I'm still new, let's talk about it again!
tongue.gif

Why in the holy hell did SNK feel it was necessary to put "strikers" into the game? Did they feel that they were being like the vs series in Capcom, and decided to add more action to the action, so to speak? What's next, 300 hit combos? Anyone else agree or disagree?

Spike

------------------
scan17.jpg

Yojimbo

n00b
Snk invented strikers in Kof94 they just did no damage thats all.

I "disagree" I think they should have strikers.

SNK couldn't think of anything else to add to Kof.They had to have "something" so they came up with that.
I just don't agree with...
*grabbing off the ground
*invunerability when striker comes out
*infinity combo
*100% combo

SNK just need a year to adjust the striker system(tone it down) perhaps Kof2001?

Personally I would have liked it if they added more "normal combos" for each character.Rather than making a striker add on to a game which had all normal combos neautured (Kof99).

SNK should just redo all the characters like kof95-kof96 thats what i really want.

I

Iori

come to think of it, yeah, I do remember teammates jumping in in the older games, perhaps that's why you don't see teammates from 99 on.

------------------
fetch.dll

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
I like the striker system... Trough I'm glad most of em don't do too much damnage.

I would like to see a dramatic battle mode, with two on two and split screen like DBZ, in a big level. That would just be cool...

Cho

------------------
''Do as you like, it is not my job to kill you''

koolking

Super Spy Agent
Items that were introduced in recent years are often received with harsh criticsm and also applause. One of these innovations is the termed striker system that snk introduced. In my opinion if you think that strikers are a distraction or a ruin to the game you can pick one just don't hit bc. Well then with this in mind I know most of you who complain about strikers and play kof 99 or 2k will not really be able to do this.
----------
Nasakenai

Muchiko

Mr. Big's Thug
Of course, if SNK toned down the damage in striker combos, KOF2000 would have been better than KOF1998.

The added striker system take KOF to the next level with striker mind games, IMHO. Basically, you have to think more because now you have to manage striker bombs, find when to use it, watch out for them, how to utilize it with your chars, etc. While having normal KOF gameplay... which of course made KOF much more fast paced, or slower if you use strikers for keep aways.

If KOF99/00 didn't have ArmorMode/CounterMode/Strikers, then KOF would have been boring and old with only different chars/moves.

But the main concern in KOF2001 is whether or not they implement the striker system correctly... if all strikers are balance... guess what kind of game we are having. You would basically have to learn how to fight against all those different strikers, not just the characters.

This would work out if they just take out the invincibility and damage from strikers.

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Just weaken the strikers and take away the invincibility when you call them out... everything else should work on from there.....