KOF 2000 Statues Coming To The U.S.

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
I hope this is not off topic for this area. In retrospect, I should have posted it in here to begin with, but I did not, as I am not used to having a dedicated KOF area of the forums. If it IS off topic for this area, Mods, please feel free to delete this, as my initial post of it is still up in Unrelated Topics.

I believe they are going to start shipping in July or August. These are pre-painted, so you do not have to muck about with it yourself. I have only seen pictures of the Kula statue so far, and it looks very good. It has her posing, with ice crystals erupting from the ground around her.

I am unsure as to the final pricing on these as of yet, but estimates are between $60.00 and $90.00. I will try and scan the picture this weekend, although it is poor quality.

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron
ani_u_tan_kun.gif

Coming To Theatres This Summer: Chimps Packing Heat: The Movie
pm_segalogo.gif

hebretto

Hardened Shock Trooper
Where did you get this info?

I saw the two stautes(I think it was two,I know Kula is in it and maybe Vanessa)in an issue of Previews

I can't get them since the Aust dollar is such a bitch right now I'll end up paying just a little bit over the US Recommended Retail Price multiply by 2.5 (eg US90 = around Aust235)

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
A friend of mine is the manager at the local comic/anime/game store. He passed it on to me. I did not know what other statues were coming, but Vanessa sounds like a possibility. Perhaps they are doing statues of all the new characters? I will check on this tomorrow.

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron
ani_u_tan_kun.gif

pm_segalogo.gif

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
Well, I managed to dig up a bit more. Turns out the Kula statue will not be out until September, not July or August as I thought. The ceiling of the MSRP is lower now, too. They said the maximum should be:

$80.00 USD
$157.00 AUD
$624.00 HKD

All foreign currency rates are accurate as of 8:00 A.M. EST.

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron
ani_u_tan_kun.gif

pm_segalogo.gif

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Do you happen to have a complete list of statues that will be released in the KOF 2000 set?

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
I am trying to dig up that information now. I will post any information I get, as I get it. No worries.
wink.gif

-BioMotor_Unitron

hebretto

Hardened Shock Trooper
I've seen a Kula one,I think there was a Vanessa and Athena figure

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
O.K., I have further information. The Kula statue will be available through Diamond Previews catalogue, which ought to be available at your local comic book store. The final MSRP for this item has been set at $74.99. Size of the statue is approximately eight inches tall. What other KOF 2000 characters might have statues of them released is still unknown. I will continue to dig for this information.

You will find the Kula statue on page 422 of the April 2001 issue of Diamond Previews. I have scanned the picture available in the catalogue and uploaded it to my storage site. It is a fairly small pic, so I made the scan at 1200 dpi. The quality of the picture is not great, but you can get an idea of the statue's appearance from it.
wink.gif
The .jpg file is approximately 193 kb, so it will take a short time to load for those with dial-up.

Here is the link: http://www.angelfire.com/anime2/devilmotor/advertisements/Kula.jpg

Now if they will only make one of Vanessa....
wink.gif

Additional note! You will have to copy and paste the URL into an additional browser window to view the .jpg, due to the fact that AngelFart.Com sucks ass.

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron
ani_u_tan_kun.gif

pm_segalogo.gif

[This message has been edited by BioMotor_Unitron (edited April 29, 2001).]