Do you think Iori is the most original character ever?

zy-

n00b
I think Iori , is the most Original character ever created on a video game, he is always bad.But, does not look like the typical ugly bad guy.
He also has personality, this is where Kof differs from most games out there, and think about it, who looks like Iori??

not Ryu, ken, Jin,sol bad guy, no one, and if a character would look like Iori, than he was made after they created Iori.

Ok enough, simple enough Iori RULES!!!!!!

koolking

Super Spy Agent
Iori is not that original as a gamecharacter maybe but there are numerous characters that look and act in a similar fashion in anime and tv shows.
------------------
Nasakenai

Brandon St Randy

I was Daigo before that other one, ,
Starman from Pro Wrestling is the most original.

A Winner is You!

[This message has been edited by Daigo (edited April 24, 2001).]

IoriYagami n8

Genjuro's Frog
yeah, well he isnt really evil when you follow along to his story...but i think his character is rather original...but thats because so many characters are underdeveloped these days...snk always did better then to competition when it came to characters with personality...iori is the man, but then again, im a bit bias...

------------------
hmhmhmhmmhahahaHAHAHAHAHAHA! - I.Y. n8

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I am the most original.
None has anything in common with me, or if they did there not alive to tell about it.

------------------
32667251.jpg

Muchiko

Mr. Big's Thug
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Krusader:
Iori = Genjuro ripoff!!!

Yeah, in that case, Iori isn't really original. They both rival the main character, have bad attitudes, use fighting style similar to main character, and have purple power effects.

But characteristic-wise, I'd say Iori is more cool/crazy.

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
I think that Goenitz was the most original character Snk made in Kof, i've never seen anyone who looks or plays anything like him since.....

zy-

n00b
WHo is genjuro??
than if Iori is not the most original char in VIDEO GAMES??? than who is??

AND plesase dont mention GAMES like DRAGON BALL Z, and than say "goku is the most original char ever created in a video game"
I am talking about video games produced as a video game , not after a TV anime show.

I think now you get the point when I say that Iori is the most original char ever.

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Genjuro is Haohmaru's rival in Samurai Shodown. Him and Iori look quite similar in terms of their personalitys and moves... Kinda
smile.gif

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
My vote is for Chin & Team USA (KOF) and Nicotine & Sieger (SS).

zy-

n00b
no they DOnt!
that guy fights with a sword and has no shirt.
why would they look alike?
when was he created in 1995??
Iori was made around 1995..who came first?

zy-

n00b
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by VinylBoy:
My vote is for Chin & Team USA (KOF) and Nicotine & Sieger (SS).

you are kidding me right??
Or was that a joke?
even if it was, is not funny.

Apathy Wind

Cheng's Errand Boy
What they're getting at is that the Iori character type (evil version of the main character) has been done before. The specific details of the outfits aren't real important to the archtype. If you want to talk clothing though, I'd say SF3:3S's Remy is Iori influenced. They share a sense of style.

I love Iori, he's a great character design. But I can't see him being the most original character design in fighting games let alone all of videogames. Most of your freaky weirdo fighters are more original than Iori. Guys like TamTam, Oro, or Amingo. Sure they may not be as cool as Iori (hmm... I do like TamTam though) but they're more original. Outside of fighters, there are tons of original characters - Bionic Commando's Rad Spencer, Kirby (what the hell is he anyway?), some Genesis game where you controlled a toxic waste puddle (forget the name) etc. Iori's great, but let's not go overboard.

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by zy-:
you are kidding me right??
Or was that a joke?
even if it was, is not funny.

Actually, I'm not...
Before KOF '94, could you name another drunken warrior who actually used sake as a weapon in video games? Chin not only did that, but he can also use the sake bottle as a projectile.

Or how about a fighting basketball player? Lucky Glauber DEFINITELY wins points for being original in this department.

Nicotine? His style of attacks were different than any other weapon based character at that time... plus one of the first people to actually gain a move that when connected "confused" your opponent's controls.

And if I don't recall... there were no major warriors with mutant mechanical arms in fighters before Sieger...

Yes, I stand by them. These characters ARE definitely original in design, fighting styles & abilities, and in some cases both.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by VinylBoy (edited April 25, 2001).]

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Apathy Wind, it was called "The ooze", now that was an original game! Is Genjuro evil or not? I can't remember...

Anecdote

n00b
How much I love Iori, I don't think he's that original. He's one the coolest, tho.

If I recall correctly, Genjuro was Nicotine's pupil alongside Haohmaru. But Nicotine kicked Genjuro out. Ofcourse Genjuro got pissed and vowed vengeance on both Nico and Haoh.

Having just typed this, I always thought Haohmaru taught himself how to fight.

I am confused
confused.gif

------------------
"Your Street Fighter competitive edge", syeah right...

Brandon St Randy

I was Daigo before that other one, ,
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lord Wolfgang Krauser:
I am the most original.
None has anything in common with me, or if they did there not alive to tell about it.

can I have your autograph? ^_^

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
well i think that most of snk characters are pretty original. i mean even kyo who would have ever thought that a guy could throw flames? noone did before kyo, right? there was never a soldier so tall and with a mysterious past (heidern) so i think there are a lot of pretty original characters.

capcom lacks that with too many cross-overs

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Well, Dhalsim could spit flames......Hell, why could he do that anyway? Its not like you learn that in Yoga
smile.gif

darkkyo

Kuroko's Training Dummy
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rain:
Well, Dhalsim could spit flames......Hell, why could he do that anyway? Its not like you learn that in Yoga
smile.gif

as from the faq in cap vs snk ;p

**With Dhalsim
Kyo: "Anta no Hi to kurabete, Ore no ha doudai?"
Dhalsim: "Nite Hi naru. Makoto ni Fushigi na Honoo de aru na"

(Kyo: How do you compare my flames with yours?)
(Dhalsim: It's similar, yet it's different. It's really a mysterious
flame)

Dhalsim: "ShinTouMekKyoku sureba Hi mo mata suzushi"
Kyo: "Hi ga fukeru bun, myou ni settokuryoku aru na..."

(Dhalsim: When you make your mind and soul one, your flames will lose
anger)
(Kyo: Since you can blow flames from your mouth, I want to believe
that...)

anyways, i kinda have to agree, krauser was kinda original, almighty evil looking kinda, but not really... move wise though, i'll have to say zero. the guy uses his coat as a weapon for crying out loud ;p

------------------
The birth of humanity was fated to deny the divine destiny of the destinies...

zy-

n00b
I still think Iori is one of the most original characters ever.

I remember the first time I beat someone with Iori in 1995, and he started laughing so hard.

when that happend, I started to laugh with him.

SIGHS thos good old days
frown.gif

zy-

n00b
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Apathy Wind:
What they're getting at is that the Iori character type (evil version of the main character) has been done before. The specific details of the outfits aren't real important to the archtype. If you want to talk clothing though, I'd say SF3:3S's Remy is Iori influenced. They share a sense of style.

-----------------------------------------

I love Iori, he's a great character design. But I can't see him being the most original character design in fighting games let alone all of videogames. Most of your freaky weirdo fighters are more original than Iori. Guys like TamTam, Oro, or Amingo. Sure they may not be as cool as Iori (hmm... I do like TamTam though) but they're more original. Outside of fighters, there are tons of original characters - Bionic Commando's Rad Spencer, Kirby (what the hell is he anyway?), some Genesis game where you controlled a toxic waste puddle (forget the name) etc. Iori's great, but let's not go overboard.
------------------------------------------
I dont think so, amingo and tam tam being original???
I mean IF I made a crappy character named " TURD MAN" would that be original,, think about it, when I say original the character has to be cool also.

ioriyagami

Cheng's Errand Boy
Iori is the most original character ever created by SNK.I agree 100%.

------------------
It's like i'm assisting suicide.Hate not me,hate your weakness.

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Oh, he's definitely original, but SNK have created more original characters. Iori's look is original, but his character has been used before in others, as the Evil rival to the good guy... (Even though I wouldn't call him evil) However his style IS original as is his dress sense.. Gotta love those Trousers
smile.gif